RSS

Wednesday 100203

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
"DT'ish"
5 rounds for time of:
Dead-lift
Clean of any kind
Jerk of any kind

A. 9-6-3 reps @ 198#/132#
B. 12-9-6 reps @ 154#/104#
C. 15-12-9 reps @ 132#/93#
D. 21-15-9 reps @ 93#/63#

For example, if you choose workout A, you will do 9 dead-lifts, 6 cleans of any kind, and 3 jerks of any kind for 5 rounds. There is a 20 minute cut-off for this workout.

Post which workout, what kind of clean (power or squat), and time to comments.


















Megan McNamara
___________________________________

Please guys, we need you to keep signing in for classes. We are doing this so that later on down the road, it is not a big shock to you when you can't come to class because it is full. Or if you do get into a class, you don't have more than 25 people in your class, which would hamper the coaching attention you need and pay for.

Plus this helps the coaches know who is coming to what classes so that we can all better prepare and make your experience outstanding.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
____________________________________

We will maintain the 11AM meeting on Saturday for those competing in sectionals. For those that can't make it, would a later hour on the same day work for you? If so, maybe we can do a 5PM or so? If this still does not work, we can also wait until Sunday during open gym.

Let me know.

edit post

32 Responses to "Wednesday 100203"

  1. Gdawg Says:
  2. i work until 5...sunday open gym would work better for me, but if sat. evening works for everyone else i can make it...and i'm excited to tomorrows WOD!

    megan
  3. Addi Says:
  4. I'm declaring this "Make Addi Love Life" week.

    One-arm snatches, tall box jumps, AND heavy DT? Best week ever.

    I'm getting worried for what's coming next, though. If it's a 10k, I quit.
  5. Becky Says:
  6. I could make 5. Either way, I'll make sure I get whatever info or whatnot. Looking forward toi the workout today :)
  7. Brandon Says:
  8. Came in at 5am this morning for funzees. Good times and definitely some new faces. The workout was rough, as I chose option A (198lbs). Good push this morning 5am-ers. :-)

    As RX'd Option "A" = 15:32

    BrandonB
  9. Unknown Says:
  10. Did D because, realistically, it was the weight I was able to move. That is a lot of reps. DNF. Was in the beginning of round 4. I obviously am interested in that possible strength class.

    Nice work 5a.
  11. Paula Says:
  12. Did option "D"- 14:09
    I thought about C, but I believe the cleans would just get to heavy after a few rds. Too bad we couldn't have 2 bars. Good Times!! I LOVE these kind of WOD's!

    Great job 5am'ers!! Glad you could join us early birds, Brandon!
  13. Rita Says:
  14. Happy Birthday, Katie!
  15. Shelley Says:
  16. Option B: 14:26 Rx'd using hang clean. In last 2 rounds of cleans, I dropped the bar after every clean (except rep 9) to maintain a hang clean. Forearms/grip gives out otherwise.

    Jerk needs work.

    Great job 6 a.m. This was a good WOD to do after a rest day.
  17. BC Says:
  18. DNF option B, made it about half way through round 4.

    Nice job 6am, and way to kill it Paul Herculoid!
  19. Unknown Says:
  20. Great WOD. Did this one yesterday at a gym in DC, but option B with hang power cleans and subbed muscle ups for jerks to work around some overhead lockout pain I have been having in my shoulders.

    I like how you gave multiple weight and rep options. have fun!
  21. paul Says:
  22. Great work by all at 6!

    That hurt. Option B (in other words, DT rx'ed): 16:20.
  23. Jake Says:
  24. DNF Option C 15-12-9 reps @ 132#

    Great work 6 a.m.
  25. Hilg Says:
  26. DNF Started with B and switched (slowly) to C in second round. Cleans are my problem....technique and stength.

    Great work 6 a.m.
  27. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  28. I cannot make it on Saturday at 5 for the meeting. Sunday might work depending on time of open gym. It is Super Bowl Sunday after all :)
  29. Eric C Says:
  30. Option B 15:47(ish).
    Paul Ant, you rocked it!
    Great work everyone at 6AM.
  31. Fish Says:
  32. option C 132# 15-12-9, DNF, got 8 deadlifts into round 5
  33. paul Says:
  34. Eric, I'm pretty sure your time was 15:27.
  35. Gina Says:
  36. I chose Option B (well, actually I was told I should do B) and finished in 18:28. Cleans were definitely the hardest part. DL's felt pretty light and the jerks weren't too bad either. I did all 5 sets of 6 in a row so I wouldn't have to do any extra cleans.
  37. Anonymous Says:
  38. Oh Addi, your love weeks usually are my hate weeks ;) LOL! I am sure this will be a slow one for me....my weekend plans are still up in the air - TBD....so we will see what works.
  39. Kat Says:
  40. I was wondering if the number of girls who are participating in sectionals has risen since the last known number of 59? Anyone know for sure??
  41. Mel C Says:
  42. I am making a special effort to come in on Saturday to make this one up! Looks fun! I love these lifts!
  43. Donohoe Says:
  44. great job nooners,
    I did option a for one round then decided I might die of old age before I finished it. So I went to option B for the final four rounds. I finished in 17 45 not a great job but I made it through.
    Jake you crushed it........
    Donohoe is out...
  45. Donohoe Says:
  46. great job nooners,
    I did option a for one round then decided I might die of old age before I finished it. So I went to option B for the final four rounds. I finished in 17 45 not a great job but I made it through.
    Jake you crushed it........
    Donohoe is out...
  47. Gdawg Says:
  48. This comment has been removed by the author.
  49. Erica Says:
  50. Option D 16:41...kicked my butt, or really my forearms...they are still all cramped up! Great job 4:30!
  51. Allison H :) Says:
  52. Decided it would be best for me to do opt D:
    11:01
    oooowww my arms!
    Really wanted to go heavier, but opt C wouldn't have gone overhead too pretty for long since my 1rm push press and jerk are 97# last time I checked. Opt D was good, I felt I got a great workout!

    Everybody rocked this workout at 4:30! It's so great to workout with all of you!! :)
  53. Jess Says:
  54. Did option D and finished in 19:37 (just barely made it). This was a tough WOD and my collar bones are already bruised.

    Great job 6am peeps!!! ;u)
  55. Stacie Says:
  56. Fun 430 group - good work everyone!

    B - 8:36 rxd
  57. Kat Says:
  58. I did DT(option B)- 11:42; I'm pretty sure it was 41 seconds but I won't be too picky....GREAT JOB 5:30!!
  59. Gdawg Says:
  60. This comment has been removed by the author.
  61. Addi Says:
  62. Option A - 6:20. Yes, Josh and Jimmy, I did all 5 rounds.

    Seemed like the difference between guys' and girls' weights was a lot bigger at option A, though. If that's any consolation, Kyle. :)
  63. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  64. C=DNF got through 4 rounds and 15
    deadlifts in rounds 5. I thought this was
    the worst EVER!!!! I found myself laugh
    ing at the bar several times instead of just
    walking away. Not sure why this was so
    hard. Very disappointing.

Thanks For Visiting!