RSS

Thursday 100204

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD #1
AMRAP in 8 minutes of:
5/3 Clap Pushups
7/6 Chest to Bar Pull-ups
10/9 Jumping Squats

Second set of reps for girls. Accumulate the most amount of reps. (courtesy of CrossFit West Santa Cruz)

followed by (6 minutes later),

WOD #2
"Annie"
50-40-30-20-10 reps for time of:
Double Unders
Sit ups
(10 minute cut-off)

followed by (6 minutes later),

WOD #3
For time:
50 Kettle Bell Swings (2/1.5 pood)
(8 minute cut-off)

If you need to rest, you can only do it at after rep 25 and before rep 26 and in between reps 40 and 41. If you have to put the kettle bell down other than these times, you must start over at rep 1 if 25 is not reached, rep 26 if 40 is not reached, and rep 41 if 50 is not reached.

If you scale this workout, you must add ten reps onto the total for every size of kettle bell you drop. You'll still follow the 25, 15 and then 10 rule but then can complete the remaining reps however you like.

Post reps completed for #1 and time for #2 and #3 workouts to comments.

Tosh.0
Video Breakdown - Twitchy Weightlifter
www.comedycentral.com
(NSFW)
_____________________________________________

Looks like I will talk to those that can make it to the 11AM meeting on Saturday and those that can't make it, I'll pass along the information during Sunday's open gym. If you don't make it still, not to worry, we'll get you the info when we do see you.
_____________________________________________

Be sure to check out the new pictures that have been added to Flickr. They can be found by clicking on the CFO Pictures link in the upper middle column under the heading, About CrossFit Omaha.

edit post

23 Responses to "Thursday 100204"

  1. Fish Says:
  2. brutal!!!! 115 for WOD 1, DNF WOD 2, 4:04 for WOD 3. Almost met mister pukey.
  3. Unknown Says:
  4. I read this before coming in. Said: "shit". Then I came in and did it scaled. Then I went home and puked a little bit.

    112 for WOD one.

    DNF for WOD two.

    5:10? for WOD 3. Had 20 more penalty swings at the end.
  5. BC Says:
  6. WOD 1, 133 reps rx'd. Annie, 9:17 rx'd. Swings, DNF, was having some issues, but that doesn't give me the right to be weak.
  7. Shelley Says:
  8. Did all WOD's Rx'd.

    WOD 1: 93 reps; CTB started out 2-3 reps at a time but quickly went to 1 at a time; missed a few and had to re-do, but I feel better about these than I ever have
    WOD 2: 8:32 (beats last time of 9:52); still start every round of DU's with a couple singles
    WOD 3: 2:27; I took the rest after 25 and 40 swings for a few seconds before finishing.

    Great job 6 a.m.! Everyone was working hard!!!!!!!
  9. GregP Says:
  10. #1 137, except chin over, not CTB, I really need to get CTB figured out.
    #2 DNF, DU's coming along nicely though
    #3 3:46 1.5pd means I had to do 10 extra.

    When I read the WODs this morning I thought back to the days when I first started and worried all day about what I had to do when I arrived for the 5:30 class at UNO. All the way here I tried to think of ways to get out of it. But I walked into the gym and there was 5am finishing up and 6am ready to go after it. What an amazing group of people.

    Great work 6am !!!

    And guess what - the WODs are whatever you think they are.

    Have a GREAT day everyone !
  11. Hilg Says:
  12. WOD 1: 140 with Scaled to Chin over
    WOD2: DNF....dubble unders stink but I'm tryin'
    WOD3: 3:30 Rx'd & thought I was going to have to start over after 8/10 on the last "wave".

    Limped to the office with that gag reflex in full effect. Held it off, tho! ;-)

    B
  13. Jake Says:
  14. WOD 1: 93
    WOD2: DNF - Double unders are still my biggest weakness
    WOD3: ? I can't remember, I was too worried about trying not to puke.
  15. Addi Says:
  16. I'm glad you said it, BC, so we didn't have to.

    Looks like I'm going to have to suck it up and finally do Annie today. (Some of you may be aware of my feelings toward her.) I'd skip it, but I want to do the other two. :)
  17. Rita Says:
  18. Incredible way to start a day. What a privilege to belong to a one-of-a-kind gym like this.

    WOD 1: 122 total.
    -Push-ups with claps rx'd
    -CTB with the effin blue band. Kipping is really frustrating for me because my body won't do the timing and positioning that my mind and eye know to do. But it went well this am and I only broke up a couple times. These next two months, I'm ready to practice these since I have some other goals achieved that were more important to me.
    -Jump squats rx'd-love these. It's great to know what a frog must feel like.

    WOD2: DNF. Got to #11 of DUs during round 20. 1st jump rope was too short. 2nd jump rope was too long. (Goldilocks and 3 bears come to mind.)And then I suck at 'em. Winning combo, I tell ya. Hauled ass on sit ups.

    WOD3: 3:58. Started with 1.5 pood and got to the third one swing. All three of those were touching my spiky hair and it felt dangerous. I had no grip! So, quickly went to 1 pood and did 10 extra reps. I'm glad I was only 3 reps into it to figure it out, AND I have no regrets wondering if I could have done it.

    Great energy at 5 am class. It's really fun to see how everyone gets the day going at/for the gym.

    I had some time so I stayed to watch the 6 am. It's the only class in which I've never participated. (Frankly, their blogs scare the poop out of me!!!!) Wow!!! What a blast seeing so much efficiency and balls-to-the-wall from every age level and gender. Thanks for letting me watch!
  19. Gina Says:
  20. Ugh. That was tough, but somehow still fun.

    WOD 1 - 95 reps- push ups were scaled to getting hands off the ground, tan band for pull ups

    WOD 2 - DNF...not even close... Managed to stumble through the first set of DU's (because 400 singles is a terrible, horrible option) and had gotten about half of the 40's before the time limit

    WOD 3- my favorite for the day: 3:09 used a 1 pood, so I had to do 60 reps - took breaks at 25, 40, 50

    Nice job everyone at 6am - as usual!
  21. Jess Says:
  22. Addi & "Annie" = true love!!! ;u)

    WOD 1- 96 and scaled clapping push ups on my knees and purple band for pull ups (no c2b)

    WOD 2- DNF, still fighting with DU's

    WOD 3-5:30 something, started with 1 pood and got to 15 and had to drop it and restart. Started again and stopped at 10 and thought f*** this and went and got the trainer.

    So, started back in AGAIN-hit swing 25 then rested, did 15 more, rested, 10 more, rested, 10 more, rested then FINALLY finished with 10. Dang it!!!!
  23. Tovar Says:
  24. I haven't posted any WOD results in a while so I think I'll just make up for my last few in one post.

    Saturday - I did Fran 4:20 (much slower than the last time I did it)
    Monday - Took a rest day
    Tuesday - I did Saturday's WOD 349 total reps
    Wednesday - DT (B) 14:20 (Tough workout for me)
    Thursday - 205 / 8:43 i think / 2:25 (loved the WOD today. great mix & very demanding)
  25. Mel C Says:
  26. I forgot to sign in for class this morning! Sorry! I will be there for the 4:30 class, sorry for the late notice!
  27. Addi Says:
  28. #1: 133 reps - Pullups were slower than I had hoped, but clapping pushups felt good. (mostly because it was only 3 at a time. 4s would have been too much.)

    #2: 8:41 - I hate situps. Situps hate me. It's not pleasant, but it's the arrangement we've decided on. Also, my theories on Annie remain.

    #3: 3:00 - Could have pushed straight through to 40, but I stopped at both 25 and 40. Took a good 30 minutes to catch my breath after this.

    Despite ruining my no-Annie streak, this was fun. Need to get my CTB pullups back, though!
  29. Steve Says:
  30. Classes ran late for me today. I'll be in to make this one up as soon as I run out of excuses.
  31. Allison H :) Says:
  32. WOD 1: 117 reps. scaled w/ no clap pushups (had started with them but had to scale at 3rd rd), and chin above bar pullups. -ps- calculated this wrong at gym using the man scheme! woops!

    WOD 2: DNF. Double unders are every other jump for me at this point... and if the rope isn't getting caught on my pony-tail then it whips my ankles and have to start over... today they were very slow. Was on 20/40 double unders.

    WOD 3: used 1 pood, so did 60 kbs for this. rested at given reps. 3:25

    full body madness!!!! i'm sore all over the place!!

    great work noon peeps! :)
  33. paul Says:
  34. 1: 171 reps
    2: 6:27
    3: 2:04

    This was tough, but not as bad as i was expecting. 6 minutes was enough recovery time. I just should've worked a little harder during the actual workouts...

    Great job, 4:30--Kyle, way to smoke these!
  35. Becky Says:
  36. This workout was a fun change. WOD 1 98 reps doing ctb with blue band, Annie: I'm pretty sure Joe said 1:40 left, so I had 8:20, I posted 8:40 on the board, WOD 3 2:40 with 1 pd.
    Felt good.
  37. Paula Says:
  38. Actually loved these WOD's. I don't know about doing it everyday, but it was fun.

    WOD 1: 111 reps- Rx'd on clapping pushups, used blue and tan band for C2B pullups.

    WOD 2: A big DNF- was starting the 30 DU's when time was called. My plantar fasciitis was killing me making jumping rope a "pain".

    WOD 3: 3:20? Used 1 pood. I liked this wod.

    Then Rita and I went in this afternoon and worked on pullups and did some rowing sprints. My lower back was killing me. My body was talking to me...saying enough for today!!!
  39. Stacie Says:
  40. 1. 147

    2. 7:28 - Danielle is a STUD!!!

    3. 1:59 rxd

    Nice work 530!
  41. Gdawg Says:
  42. This comment has been removed by the author.
  43. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  44. #1 112 rx'd. Did 6 full rounds.
    #2. I heart annie :). 6:18.
    #3 2:14 with 1 pood.

    After worked on box jumps with lindsey we are getting better!!

    Stacie you are a beast daily!!
  45. Mark Says:
  46. 162 reps on the first WOD

    7:58 on Annie... about 2 and half mintues off my PR - situps were just not working.

    3:04 on the 3rd WOD. The first 25 get tough but the next set of 15 were the hardest. I Probably took too much rest but I am still happy with my time.

Thanks For Visiting!