RSS

Tuesday 100202

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Rest Day













Hey ladies, it's good to have you guys a part of the gym. Rita and Paula are gems that have passion for CrossFit and their fitness like no other.
__________________________________

Those of you that are going to sectionals, whether to compete or help cheer, I would like us to all get together so that we can figure out some things and get on the same page. Can all of you make it in on Saturday morning at 11AM? Post to comments if this works for you or not. Please make an effort to be there.

edit post

26 Responses to "Tuesday 100202"

  1. Becky Says:
  2. I won't be able to make Saturday at 11, maybe later in the evening? Let me know :)
  3. Addi Says:
  4. Saturday at 11 works for me.
  5. GregP Says:
  6. I can make 11
  7. Shelley Says:
  8. Paul Antoniak and I won't be there as we're playing in a volleyball tourney that day.
  9. paul Says:
  10. I can meet sat. at 11am.

    Today I did:

    10-8-6-4-2
    DL (286)
    bench (174)
    OHS (110 for first 2 sets, then 88)

    took about 25 minutes.

    OHS felt weak as hell today. Actually, so did DL.
  11. Rita Says:
  12. Worked on back squat because I'm still lifting pansy weight and it's just not appropriate.

    134# for 3 sets of 5. (1 rep max is 131#, so it's a minute improvement).

    This is earth-shattering for me: I did my first handstands at home yesterday for the first time in my life! The van de Lune household was in a tither.

    So, this morning I practiced HSPU. Got down a couple centimeters and realized it's hard to get back up. (Really?) sigh.... What a ball!

    Good job to everyone at 5 am!
  13. Hilg Says:
  14. Good to be back in the gym....orange amazon skin and all!

    Did Sunday's WOD with Eric. 198# front squats 3X5...felt good and might have gone up 10lbs. Box jumps were fun on the new "dressers"!

    B
  15. Jenni Says:
  16. Worked on weaknesses today with Becky. We did 10 X 100m sprints keeping the time below 12 seconds. Then we did 3 sets of 5 snatches really focusing on form (men's bar only). Finally We did some weighted pushups. 5 sets of 5. It's nice when you don't miss workout days and you can actually work on other stuff on rest days!

    Congrats Rita! If you've figured out the handstand trick, you have to let me in on it :)
  17. Kylie Says:
  18. Hey!!!!!!!!!!! It's Kylie- I'm working in Missouri right now- missing Omaha:( I would LOVE to come watch Omaha kick ass at sectionals! If anyone happened to have some unused visitors' passes for next weekend- please let me know! My number is 402-340-0638, email is kylieludemann@gmail.com and, of course, I always check this blog!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!! Miss you all, train hard this next week and a half!
  19. Stacie Says:
  20. 11 will work for the Tovar's (or at least 1 of us...)
  21. Fish Says:
  22. Did low bar back squat work out
    220# 3x5 finished doing 20 reps of 154#. Did 110# for bent over rows
    3x10, should have gone heavier on all of it!
  23. Unknown Says:
  24. 11 should work for sat.

    Kylie, you can have my guest pass for sectionals!
  25. Gina Says:
  26. 11 will work for me. I enjoyed my rest day by sleeping in.
  27. MeganMcNamara Says:
  28. 11 works for me. I'm coming in later today to continue to work on pull ups!!
  29. Addi Says:
  30. Rita - you're hilarious, but that's more than "minute improvement." :) 3x5 at more than your 1RM is a BIG improvement.

    Kylie - I'm excited you're going to be there! I have important mail to bring you!
  31. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  32. 11 will work for me!!

    Happy Birthday Katie :)
  33. Eric C Says:
  34. I should be able to make 11 Sat.

    Did Sat. WOD w/Brian this am.
    front squats 3x5 198#
    RDL's as rx'd
    box jumps on to the tall jerk drawer.

    Nice job Rita!

    I may have an extra pass for St. Louis as well.
  35. Eric C Says:
  36. Oh, and thanks Joe for the tip on the Cormac McArthur book, THE ROAD. Read it in about a day. (and I'm not a big or a fast reader)
  37. Gdawg Says:
  38. This comment has been removed by the author.
  39. Kat Says:
  40. As of today,11AM works for me, but that might change if I need to pick up a shift at work.

    I also could use an extra guest pass for my dad if anyone has any that they aren't using! See you guys at 430 or 530 tonight!
  41. BC Says:
  42. Foster-sens cannot do 11am on Sat. Parental duties and such.
  43. Paula Says:
  44. Did Front squats 3x5 @ #114
    Bent over rows- 77,87,99

    Rita and I practiced HSPU's.....got 2 in a row using 2 Ab mats. These have definitely gotten better.

    Rita, I'm proud of you girl!! The handstands have come a long way.

    Great job 5am'ers!!!!

    Sat 11am works for me!!!
  45. Allison H :) Says:
  46. 11am Saturday works for Jake H and I since we are planning on 10am class anyhow :)
  47. Kylie Says:
  48. Sara, thanks! I guess you have to put a name down online. BC was nice enough to offer as well and put my name down. My boyfriend's name is Robbie Hunsaker- if you could put that down I would REALLY appreciate it! I owe you- I'll bring you a 6-pack...of powerade of course...wink, wink...can't wait for next weekend!!!!!!!!
  49. Allison H :) Says:
  50. I made up Saturday's wod scaled with tan bands from pullup bars for HSPUs. 195 reps.

    Awesome job Crystal!
    6:30 class was a nice end to my day being that it was the second workout for me today. (ran this morning with my mom) and I'm spent! Off to bed!

    Great work everyone!
  51. Crystal Says:
  52. Did Saturdays WOD with Allison. Awesome job girl!

    217 Reps.

    28 HSPU's (from ceiling w/grn/blue/tan/purple bands)
    158 Squats
    20 Pullups
    11 Pushups

Thanks For Visiting!