RSS

Tuesday 100216

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
You have five minutes to complete as many reps of the clean & jerk as possible.

Male - 154 pounds/Female - 104 pounds

You must start from the ground and receive the bar in the rack position before taking it overhead. You can press it, push press it, push jerk it, or even split jerk it.

In order for the rep to count, you must show at least partial ear in front of the arms with the feet in place together underneath the body.

Highest totals from sectional competition was 47 for men and 46 for women.

Post total reps to comments.

















Jess Foster during the Air Force WOD. Congratulations on a job well done.
____________________________________

We are getting together this Friday, February 19th at 7:30PM for a congratulatory and appreciation social. All from the gym are invited and encouraged to come. We will use this time to celebrate an awesome weekend by congratulating our sectional competitors for a job well done.

This will also be a good time for our new members to become better acquainted with the rest of our members. You may only come in at one class time day in and day out thus only getting to know those that attend your class time. Well, there are many more incredible people that attend at other times. Come meet these people.

I will post tonight where the social will be held. I have a few places I'm working on and will get it settled today. I need a head count of all those planning on coming. Post to comments if you are in. I will also create an event on Facebook that I would like you to check out.

Show up people, those that competed deserve our congratulations.

edit post

30 Responses to "Tuesday 100216"

  1. Addi Says:
  2. I work till 10ish Friday nights, but I can catch up if things are still going.
  3. Shelley Says:
  4. I'll plan on being there Friday night.
  5. Paula Says:
  6. I would like to say that it was VERY inspiring watching all of you compete in sectionals!! I have never experienced anything like it. Had a blast! More so now than ever I'm so proud to be a part of this community.

    Count me in on fridays social!!!

    Did the C&J WOD this am- 18 reps rx'd

    Great work 5am'ers!!!
  7. MeganMcNamara Says:
  8. I plan on being there Friday night as well! Can't wait
  9. GregP Says:
  10. 21 reps at 110#, Great Job 6am.

    It was a lot of fun to go and watch our athletes compete. Congratulations to all.

    I will be there Friday night.
  11. BC Says:
  12. 20 reps @132# (12 reps @ 155# @ sectionals). Body is still a little pissed off but it felt good to get in and work some of the kinks out.

    Jess and I will be there Friday!
  13. paul Says:
  14. Unfortunately, I have to be out of town this weekend, so I can't make Friday night.

    I did this at 176 and got 11 reps. 10 in the first half, 1 in the second. Then about 10 misses on the power clean. Hated to call it a day with so many bad reps, so i did 20 reps at 132 (untimed).
  15. Unknown Says:
  16. I plan on being there on friday, I have to work till 7:30 so I will be a bit late. I hated to miss this weekend but I must have checked the results every 10 min. Everyone did great!!

    Today I did 20 reps at 63#.
  17. Gina Says:
  18. 22 reps rx'ed

    I really enjoyed watching all the great athletes compete this weekend. You all did so great!

    I will be there Friday.
  19. Hilg Says:
  20. Paul, your an inspiration for your discipline!

    Did 21 reps Rx'd....felt like I coulda pushed harder so I feel good and bad...does that make sense?

    I'll check with the boss and do all I can to be there Friday night!

    B
  21. Rita Says:
  22. I will be there Friday.

    15 reps rx'd.

    Went in with the mindset to go prescribed no matter what. Even if I could only do one. Had the range of 10-20 in mind because of what the sectional competitors number was, and the fact that my one rep for push jerk is 97# and my clean form is inconsistent.

    Much improvement in form and strength. Just gotta keep going to gain consistency and speed. Practicing clean form in my garage with a broomstick is helping? haha Gotta believe it because I refuse to give up.

    Christy, I'm proud of you slapping those 2.5 lb plates on for going rx'd instead of leaving them off. Now you know you can do it, right?
  23. Anonymous Says:
  24. Congrats to everyone!

    I will be in sunny AZ this weekend, so won't be there - but I will be sure to do a "cheers" to you all while I am down there!
  25. Greg MO Says:
  26. I will be in KC with my daughter this wkend, have a few for me!!!
  27. Cari Says:
  28. Congrats to everyone! I knew CFO would do great! I'll be there Fri.
  29. Gdawg Says:
  30. This comment has been removed by the author.
  31. Jake Says:
  32. 26 reps 132#, should have gone RX'd

    I'll be there Friday night. Looking forward to meeting all those that can make it.
  33. Tovar Says:
  34. The Tovar's will be there for sure!
  35. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  36. I am not sure if I want to do this WOD again, I am still bruised from this weekend :(

    We are in for the party on Friday!

    Today is Mardi Gras anyone up for a Paleo/Zone challenge for the next 40 days?!?!?
  37. Jess Says:
  38. Went in this morning and attempted this WOD again. I decided to try to go heavier and see how many I could do.
    Started with 82# @ 5 reps then started missing so dropped down to 77# which is what I did at regionals. I am still wondering how in the hell I got 22 reps @ 77# after doing the Air Force WOD. I could barely do 5 reps at this weight today.

    Great job 6am peeps
  39. Jess Says:
  40. Oops I meant sectionals!!! Regionals my a$$ only in my wildest dreams. ;u)
  41. Jess Says:
  42. Oh yeah, and yay me!!! Finally a picture of me.(hee,hee)

    Even though I scaled everything at sectionals, I am soooo glad I went and did something outside of my comfort zone. It was an amazing weekend and unforgetable experience.

    Can't wait to cheer everyone on at regionals.
  43. ZachR Says:
  44. I hated to miss Sectionals but was not hating Las Vegas! I will be there on Friday and can't wait to hear everyone's stories from Sectionals.
  45. robert Says:
  46. I'll be there
  47. paul Says:
  48. Check out these videos! They focus on the guy right behind Nick, but you can see Nick tearing it up (and sometimes me in the background, usually resting, damn it).

    These are taking me forever to download, unfortunately.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVchxX_w-tQ

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKA3M3haTLE
  49. Becky Says:
  50. I'll be there...
  51. Stacie Says:
  52. Congrats to everyone! Will be there to celebrate on Friday!

    Over the past week I did the sectional WODs & have felt your pain!

    Just want to say you all did great... and looked soooo good performing too: )

    Air Force - 8:28 rxd
    Clean n Jerk - 40 rxd
    Final wod - 215 rxd
  53. Brandon Says:
  54. I will be there on Friday. Came in today at 6:30pm after trying to sleep and it just not happening... good times. :-) Pushed hard on this workout, and my quads wouldn't let me go any faster at the end, but I had Nick P. telling me to move my butt the whole time (thanks). haha It was a fun one, and everyone was kicking some buns.

    As RX'd = 41reps

    BrandonB
  55. Anonymous Says:
  56. I'll be there Friday!
  57. Kat Says:
  58. I'll be there on Friday!
    God stacie!!!!! your times are rediculous! you're a beast girl!! You'll do AMAZING at Regionals!

    I did the 50 situp, DU, SU, Lunges, SU burpee, SU wod at 14:10 today instead of the C & J again...got enough of that at sectionals!
  59. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  60. I did 15 KTE, 25DU, 15 KTE, 25 Lunges with 40#db, 15 kts, 10 weighted pushups with vest, maybe 10# idk, and 15 kte, with a 10 min cutoff. Got all but 10 of the last KTE's

Thanks For Visiting!