RSS

Tuesday 100209

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Clean & Jerk - 6 x 3 (same weight the whole time)

There is a weight limit for both sexes. The ladies may not go above 110 while the guys are limited to a weight of 165 or below (If you have a 1RM, don't go over 60%). This workout is meant to be light.

The set limits give you an opportunity to work the technique. If you think your technique is good, find something to make it better. This is an opportunity to improve your lift, use it wisely.

followed by,

500 meter row x 1

Post row time to comments.



















Check out the CFO store. Amanda and I have updated it for those outside of CFO that wish to purchase their very own CrossFit Omaha apparel.

By the way, if you recently ordered apparel, it has arrived. Be sure to check the front office the next time you make it in.
____________________________________

Amanda has also been busy keeping the videos of interest page and the CFO photos page updated. There are new videos and pics for your viewing pleasure. Check back regularly for new media.

edit post

35 Responses to "Tuesday 100209"

  1. Rita Says:
  2. 53#. Much improvement on extending body rather than bending the elbows, my consistent bad habit. (It helped having my hands ripped to shreds from yesterday's pullups. Incentive to make the bar weightless and catch on the shoulders with high elbows.)

    1:54 row
  3. paul Says:
  4. 142# for c&j (did push presses to save my shoulder).

    500m row: 1:27 (PR)

    I REALLY needed that PR. I have been feeling kind of run down and it's nice to know I have improved in one area at least.
  5. Jake Says:
  6. 112# for Clean and Jerk

    500m row: 135.7 (PR)

    Really great work 6 a.m.

    Paul congrats on the PR!
  7. Unknown Says:
  8. Does anybody know when they are posting the games workouts?? I am sick with butterflies!!!
  9. JonD Says:
  10. 2pm the WODS will be announced for sectionals!
  11. Addi Says:
  12. I just saw on TNT's site that they're posting them at "2pm sharp."
  13. Addi Says:
  14. Jon Day always beats me.
  15. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  16. This is very far off, but Disney is having a Wine and Dine half marathon on 10/2. It is a night run and you do a team of two. Best part is after the run you get to hang out in Epcot and eat and drink!!

    The Inaugural Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon will be run on a brand new half marathon course at the Walt Disney World Resort, and it will be run at night! Where else can you run a half marathon at night? Running through theme parks and world-class Disney entertainment along the way will make the miles fly by, but what could motivate you more than finishing inside Epcot® to an exclusive after-hours party inside the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival?

    I am going to do it :) Here is the link if you want more info:
    http://disneyworldsports.disney.go.com/dwws/en_US/events/eventDetail/detail?name=HalfMarathonDetailPage&pid=pip-0-0
  17. Shelley Says:
  18. 77# on clean and jerk; felt pretty light (as it should have).

    1:46 on row (PR by 2 secs)

    great job Paul Audi on your PR and Gina for huge improvement in the row.

    great job 6 a.m. class!!!
  19. Fish Says:
  20. 98# on C&J, not feeling it today at all!! 1:40 on row
  21. paul Says:
  22. Thanks guys. Like I said, I just needed that psychological boost before sectionals.
  23. Gina Says:
  24. I used 77# on the C&J, working on getting under the bar quicker.

    1:53 on the row, a new PR. I think this is the first time I have gotten under 2:00.
  25. Addi Says:
  26. Workouts are up! http://www.crossfit-tnt.com/2010_sectional_qualifiers/
  27. paul Says:
  28. this is going to be brutal!

    there are 5 of us in heat 9. Can't wait to show 'em how it's done!
  29. Addi Says:
  30. Just had to get that in before Jon Day could say it. Not sure how I feel about the workouts - that first one just seems unnecessarily long. Those front squats at the end are going to HURT. I like the second one, though! 5 minutes is more my style. Just wish they were 132#. :)

    103# C&J... Felt pretty decent most of the time - I had some really nice ones and then at the end, some really sloppy ones. My brain was tired of trying so hard.

    Row - 1:44 Not a PR, but only 2 seconds off. First 300 felt great, and I had a 1:39ish pace, but I got sloppy again and couldn't get my technique back.
  31. Crystal Says:
  32. Holy buckets!! I agree Addi, the first one is un-necessarily long and gonna suck. The second WOD i think i like the best. Everyone is pretty spread out. At the moment i am having a love/hate relationship with them right now.
  33. Greg MO Says:
  34. i like em...

    HULK SMASH!!!!!!!
  35. Tovar Says:
  36. Greg Mo you suck! I'm not very fond of doing bodyweight clean and jerks for 5 minutes but whatever. Bring on the pain! It's gonna be a lot of fun!
  37. Greg MO Says:
  38. hahaha...
  39. Eric C Says:
  40. I think I like 'em! (except, my palms sweat and my stomach hurts when I re-read them).

    : )

    YEEEEE HAAAAWWWW!!!!
  41. Paula Says:
  42. Did 68# for C&J's- These are getting better. I feel as though I'm getting under the bar quicker. Felt good!

    Row- 1:55- PR'd by 6 secs. Very excited about this. Need to work on more extension at the end.

    You guys are going to totally smash the sectional WOD's!!! CFO will dominate for sure!!!
  43. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  44. I feel like puking after reading the WOD's for sectionals and still do. I think 105 is heavy but I will give it the old college try. I need a game plan for these, go balls out or get a certain # each minute....like 1 or something.
  45. BC Says:
  46. Burpees, the anti-bacon.
  47. Paula Says:
  48. Eric C., you did an awesome job on the Fran video!! Very impressive. I've watched it 3 times already!! We need more!
  49. Stacie Says:
  50. Hey Tovar... your wife can do it! Ha, ha, ha.

    :)
  51. Unknown Says:
  52. I'm pumped for these wods they chose. I can't believe how many CFO'ers there are in heat 9! That's going to be a blast! I am definitely feeling the first one more. 155 can get heavy quick. It's only 5 minutes though.
  53. Iron Nerd Says:
  54. 88# on the C&Js, I think I might be getting better at jerks. Not sure why they give me so much trouble.

    1:35.6 on the row. First time I've done it, so I guess that makes it a PR. I didn't think it would be so bad toward the end...
  55. Brandon Says:
  56. I think the first workout at sectionals will go faster than everyone thinks it will... but it's still going to suck. haha
    Today was fun and 5:30 was a full house. :-)

    C&J @ 164lbs
    Row 500m = 1:30 PR!!!

    BrandonB
  57. Kat Says:
  58. Wow, I had a terrible feeling that OH squats were going to be in the WOD for sectionals....damn those OH squats!!! I know what I'll be working on this week! Boooooo!

    I did #87 for C & J...felt good, I really feel like I'm getting the technique down! YES!!

    PR'd for the 500 meter. 1:40!!! Why did the 500 row get taken off the white board??? It was like the only one with my name on it! C'mon guys!!
  59. Becky Says:
  60. Those workouts look crazy! But it's great that we're all so spread out, so plenty of cheering for all.
    Todays c&j's were good. Did #75, and felt good. I haven't done many squats in the past few weeks trying to heal a hurt hip, so today was a minor improvement.
    Rowing had a new PR by 3 at 1:41. Good day.
  61. Gdawg Says:
  62. This comment has been removed by the author.
  63. Unknown Says:
  64. Workouts look good, I like them! We all have the training to do well!

    Gettin excited :)
  65. Addi Says:
  66. That first one has Sara and Jen T. written all over it.
  67. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  68. Did 68 for C&J, and row was 1:53.8, that might be a PR, not sure.
  69. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  70. This comment has been removed by the author.

Thanks For Visiting!