RSS

Friday 100226

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Rest Day













Strength, desire, grit, muscle, the will to improve. Very admirable traits. You don't have to be the greatest, you just have to want to be the greatest. You may never get there but I promise that your life will never be more fulfilling. This is a great picture of what CrossFit is.
_____________________________________

Better Than Yesterday, by Jon Gilson - Again Faster
You are Beautiful, by Jon Gilson - Again Faster

These are two really cool articles. I have posted the second twice before but I always feel that we should return to it from time to time as new members join the family. The first one is helps solidify the pic above.

Post thoughts to comments.

edit post

22 Responses to "Friday 100226"

  1. O'Kief Says:
  2. What a great pic. Rita, you rock.
  3. Fish Says:
  4. She is a rock! Holy Sh$$ Rita, great pic, It is great to have that inspiration part of 5am class.
  5. Shelley Says:
  6. Love the pic Rita! Enjoy reading your blog entries too!
  7. MeganMcNamara Says:
  8. Awesome pic Rita!!! I miss seeing you!
  9. paul Says:
  10. So good to be back!

    I did a variation of yesterday's:

    AMRAP in 10 min:
    5 132# c&j
    5 strict CTB pullups

    rest 2 min

    walking lunges (20# DBs)

    got 5 rds of the couplet, and 70 lunges=120 reps.
  11. Jenni Says:
  12. Rita,

    You totally rocked it on squats. Great pic!
  13. Tovar Says:
  14. Dang look at those muscles! Strength certainly is beauty....Nice pic Rita!
  15. Eric C Says:
  16. Did CFO get a professional photographer?

    There have been some sweet pictures lately and this one is straight up BAD-ASS!

    Awesome Rita. Awesome.
  17. Unknown Says:
  18. Wow, that's a great pic Rita!! Great articles as well!
  19. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  20. Stong, beatuiful, and graceful picture Rita....love it!
  21. Gdawg Says:
  22. Saweeeeeeeet pic Rita! You are a very hard worker....keep it up girl!

    Megan
  23. Anonymous Says:
  24. Great picture Rita! Your strength is an inspiration!
  25. BC Says:
  26. "WELCOME TO LE PEEP! WHAT CAN I GET YOU! WRONG! YOU WILL HAVE AN EGG WHITE OMELET AND A TALL GLASS OF SHUT THE HELL UP! RITA SMMAAAAAAAAAAAASH!" I freaking love that picture, and you are way awesome Rita.

    Went in at noon today and made up 1rm deadlift, got 352# which is a 24# PR, very happy with that. Then decided to try 401 just for funsies and almost ruptured my baby makers. Still a great day.
  27. Unknown Says:
  28. Sweet pic!!
  29. Addi Says:
  30. Awesome picture, Rita!

    And congrats to you, BChrist, on the massive DL PR. I have officially given up on catching you in DL.

    I intended to make up Tuesday's HSPU/SDHP/DU workout. But I don't think you say that what I did was that. I got a whopping one round and 11 HSPU before the 20 minute cut-off. For comparison, when Tovar was starting his second round of HSPU, I was on rep number NINE. Awesome. A somewhat frustrating 20 minutes, but I WAS able to do the HSPU as rx'd, which I just assumed I wouldn't be able to do. So that's a plus.
  31. linds Says:
  32. Sweet picture, Rita!!

    HSPU/SDHP and 100 DUS WOD, I completed the WOD in 17:35 Rx'd.
  33. Hilg Says:
  34. That picture almost rocks as much as Rita, but that's impossible! Totally awesome guns!

    Did the Clean/PU workout today. 150 Reps Rx'd....75/75 so I go into the weekend Symetrical!

    B
  35. Becky Says:
  36. Awesome picture Rita. You've gotten so buff recently, it's amazing. I'm totally jealous.
    Ricky, Thanks for the articles...they were awesome and I started looking at the others on that sight...makes you want to lift the world!
  37. Paula Says:
  38. Just got home from another call in for work. It has been hell week with work!!! I was really hoping to make it in tonite.

    Rita, I love the picture!! It has been a true pleasure working out with you!!! You are a inspiration to me as well as others! You have come a long way these past few months...you should be proud of yourself...I know I am!! We will get those damn pullups come hell or high water!! Love ya, girl!!

    I got the pleasure of seeing little Cruz today while I was at work. He is ADORABLE... lots of hair! Mom looks great!!
  39. Rita Says:
  40. Hey everyone! Thanks for the kudos on the picture. Admittedly, it was a little discombobulating (SP?)to see myself exerting. Honestly, it's pretty humbling to read the personal comments and I appreciate those greatly.

    BC-the Le Peep comment made me laugh my a$$ off. Congrats on that deadlift PR-that's awesome.

    What really struck me were the two articles-especially the Better Than Yesterday. Thanks for those, Ricky.

    I just love what Crossfit has done for me - how cool it is to be "forging elite fitness" with all abilities of athleticism - some people here are elite athletes and some people have never played a single sport in their entire life, like me. But we're all striving for elite FITNESS together while having a blast. I want everyone here to have what I experienced the last 7 months. (And then the gym kicks ass at sectionals, regionals and nationals!!!!!!!)

    Went in to work on several weaknesses: pull-ups (finally got a couple without a band!), HSPU, and double unders. Thanks for the tips on DU, Linds, and HSPU, Stacie!
  41. Allison H :) Says:
  42. Rita I looove love love your pic!! You look amazing!!! Makes me think... don't f*** with this girl!! You have come so far since the first time I met you in class... and now look at you! You are totally buff n stuff! :)

    Went in at noon and made up yesterday. Scaled cleans to 92# - got 4 rds and 2 cleans... then did 68 lunges. Pullups I was getting 3-5 in a row which made me happy since I have been more cautious of my grip ever since the fall of doom!!!!!!
  43. Gdawg Says:
  44. This comment has been removed by the author.

Thanks For Visiting!