RSS

Thursday 100211

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
"Air Force WOD"
For time:
20 Thrusters
20 Sumo Dead-lift High Pulls
20 Push Jerks
20 Overhead Squats
20 Front Squats

Weight is 98/63 pounds.

At the top of every minute, including the start of the workout, you must perform 4 legit burpees. You then have the rest of the minute to get in as many reps as possible of each exercise, in the order listed. You can't move on to the next exercise until the one you're on is completed.

If you are in the middle of a rep when the buzzer goes off, complete that, and only that rep before dropping down for the required 4 burpees.

5:30 and 6:30 PM Classes Only
Dead-lift 1RM

(All other classes will have their chance at 1RM dead-lift on Friday)


Post time (or dead-lift 1RM) to comments.













A few of CFO's heavy hitters, Lindsey, Danielle, and Stacie.
______________________________________

You probably won't see those competing this weekend in any more classes this week. How about we give them all a huge good luck. Post your thoughts and luck wishing to comments.

These guys are going to St. Charles to represent our gym and Omaha. They will have a lot of fun and do really well. I am excited for them as you all should be. It is going to be a blast. There is no place like our place in Omaha. Everyone else is just a gym, we are a community.

edit post

23 Responses to "Thursday 100211"

  1. Hilg Says:
  2. Good luck at Sectionals CFO! You've already inspired a few of us to make plans for 2011.

    Looking forward to getting a taste of your Saturday tomorrow morning.

    B
  3. Rita Says:
  4. You are all in my thoughts the whole weekend.

    CFO is a gym and community of which to be proud. Everyone of you will represent it well. You are inspiring to all of us, no matter whether we are beginners to athletics or beyond.

    Not only are you talented athletes who work hard, you are all class act individuals. Have a blast and good luck!
  5. Jake Says:
  6. Good luck at sectionals CFO!

    16:50 (75#).
  7. Hilg Says:
  8. Should have scaled this morning's workout....didn't sleep well last night and it showed.

    DNF attempted at 88lb. Burpees swallowed me the last half of the push jerks.

    Get good rest, CFO Omaha!
  9. Stacie Says:
  10. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
  11. Gina Says:
  12. 15:50 scaled to 53#
    Tried to keep the correct form on the burpees, but that got hard toward the end of the workout.

    Great work 6am. Small but mighty class today.

    Good luck everyone competing! I can't wait to cheer you all on this weekend!
  13. paul Says:
  14. the FAQ on the sectionals site says we do start WOD 1 with 4 burpees. crappy, but oh well.
  15. Rita Says:
  16. 17:52. 53# until OH because I had trouble keeping bar above middle of foot, so I went to bar only to keep form and intensity.

    Never touched knees on burpees!

    Thanks for giving the whole gym a chance to do a sectional workout.

    Good job, Paula! I'm proud of you on this one! Way to work, all of 5 am!

    Rita
  17. Crystal Says:
  18. Let's go CFO! This is going to be a great weekend. As nervous as I am looking forward to the craziness. Everyone is going to do awesome.
  19. Kelli Says:
  20. Good luck CFO! I know you all can represent like the champs you are!
  21. Brandon Says:
  22. This WOD was much worse than I thought it would be. haha

    As RX'd = 10:45

    BrandonB
  23. Allison H :) Says:
  24. good luck everyone! i am starting to get the "oh shit!" feeling! i have so many fears right now... but a smidgen-bit excited all at once!!!
  25. MeganMcNamara Says:
  26. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!! I'm starting to get nervous as well...it's that nervous/excited feeling but I can't tell whether I'm more nervous or excited! One more day!
  27. Eric C Says:
  28. Sectional peeps,

    I just got a case (32 rolls) of athletic tape into my office. I can bring a lot of extra tape if anyone would use it. (I just don't want to lug it around if I don't have to)

    LMK if you want a roll (for FREE... or want to split a roll. (Johnson and Johnson athletic tape).

    And thanks Hilg for letting me borrow your shoes!
  29. Gdawg Says:
  30. This comment has been removed by the author.
  31. Cari Says:
  32. Good luck CFO! I know you'll do great and I'll be thinking about you from Omaha!!
  33. Crystal Says:
  34. Eric-pass me a roll of tape please! Does it come in pretty colors! J/K.

    See everyone tomorrow and rest up.
  35. Paula Says:
  36. 15:42- scaled to 53#- This WOD was a lot harder than I thought...I'm sure it was cuz of the strict- no knee on the ground burpees. It took my about 2 rds a piece for first 3 exercises than came the OHS- Holy crap! It took me about 6 rds....I did 5 the first min than 2-3 after that. Shoulders were fried!

    I'm excited for this weekend!! I'll be cheering hard from the sidelines!! Your guys will rock!
  37. Becky Says:
  38. Super excited and even more nervous for this weekend, but I know CFO has major kick-ass people that are going to rock these! Glad to know it's harder than it looks, even though I was all ready thinking it'll be hard.
    Thanks for all the encouragement guys...CFO will represent this weekend!
  39. Shelley Says:
  40. Eric I'll take you up on the tape offer.

    Looking forward to this with a lot of nervousness and excitement. It's going to be great!!!! Hopefully I won't have nightmares about OHS.......

    Thanks for the encouragement from everyone! CFO Rocks!!
  41. Erica Says:
  42. Good luck everyone!!!! You all will do awesome :)

    15:40 scaled to 43#...it was hard...the burpees killed me as usual!
  43. BC Says:
  44. Bought 2 new tshirts just for this weekend. Can't tell you what they say but they're made out of 100% awesome! Now let's go rip some sh!t up!
  45. Steve Says:
  46. 13:55 as rx'd. If I can do this, then EVERYONE can do this. Ricky's advice to stop with 55 seconds on the clock and take a step back to get ready for burpees was crucial. And I even took a break... one round, I did 4 burpees, caught my breath for the rest of the minute, did four more burpees and jumped back into the reps.

Thanks For Visiting!