RSS

Friday 100205

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
3 rounds for time of:
50 DB Zercher - Squats, Walking Lunges, or Both (35#/20#)
50 Box Jumps, 20 inch box

To Zercher squat or lunge, you must hold the dumbbells in the creases of your arms. You are allowed to decide what mix of either movement you want to do for a total of 50 reps. You can do all squats, all walking lunges, or any combination of the two (example: 30 squats and 20 walking lunges).

During either of these movements, you may only execute them while the hands are touching. You can rest with the hands separated but must touch them in order to squat or lunge.

Post time to comments.












Coach Rip and two jokers.

edit post

15 Responses to "Friday 100205"

  1. Jake Says:
  2. DNF 17 Zercher's and 50 box jumps left.

    Great work 6 a.m.
  3. Shelley Says:
  4. 14:12 Rx'd

    1st round all squats
    2nd and 3rd rounds, 25 squats, 10 lunges and 15 squats.

    I had jelly legs on my first couple box jumps in first round after the squats. This didn't happen in later rounds thankfully.

    Great job as usual 6 a.m.!!
  5. Rita Says:
  6. 18:36 rx'd

    Just counted to 50 for lunges and squats as my legs saw fit. Mostly did lunges, though.

    Box jumps are what slowed me down. Except, I've never done them faster in my life. And I wasn't afraid of landing on the box. Landings were softer. Getting closer to doing them consecutively. It's getting there! Broke them up in 2's or 5's by going around the box for a change of scenery.

    The last 6 weeks have been productive little weeks for me and Crossfit movements.

    I'm excited for the sectional competitors!
  7. GregP Says:
  8. DNF - Got to 10 squats and 50 box jumps left. Worked on continous box jumps. I have never been very good with that.

    Great job 6am !
  9. BC Says:
  10. 19:58 rx'd (20 min cutoff, nothing like cutting it close). This was all sorts of not fun. I did all squats until the 3rd round, I would advise against doing that.

    On another note, there's been a lot of talk lately about entering different events to put all of our training to the test. I found an event that I think sounds fist-pumpin' awesome. It's called the Warrior Dash, and they describe it as "The craziest fickin' day of your life! Participants will conquer extreme obstacles and celebrate their feat with music, beer, warrior helmets and muddy shorts." How can that not be awesome?!? Basically it's a 3 mile run (you can run 3 miles Addi) over obstacles like pyramids of giant round hay bales, midpits covered in barbed wire, and lines of fire. Yes I said fire! The closest event is June 19 in Joliet, IL (just outside of Chicago), and the next closest is Aug 21 in Copper Mountain, CO. Entry for both is $55 per person. From the looks of it the IL one is filling up fast, so if people are interested we should probably get something figured out sooner rather than later.

    Check out all the info at www.warriordash.com, including course details and videos of both the race and the after party.
  11. Addi Says:
  12. Read about this somewhere recently. For barbed wire and lines of fire, I will run at least 3 miles. Throw in an after-party, and I'm sold. I think costumes are encouraged, too?

    I think I'm calling today a bonus rest day. This would be a good one for me (lunges and squats are not my friends, but I'm trying to play nice), but my body says NO. Going to eat my bodyweight in something delicious and try to get a massage instead.
  13. BC Says:
  14. Costumes are a must. I mean, they're not officially required, but c'mon! Picture a legion of CFO athletes decked out like extras from "Braveheart." It gives me chills...and makes me want to drink.
  15. Gina Says:
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.
  17. Eric C Says:
  18. Warrior dash? Sounds awesome. I'll check it out.

    Zerchers and box jumps.... don't sound as awesome. 14:00 Rx'd.

    When you finish the WOD today, I would advise you NOT to stand w/ your feet together and try to clench your butt as hard as you can. (If you try it, you'll see why).

    Anyone going to the Victory Fighting tonight?
  19. Hilg Says:
  20. I'm with Addi on the bonus rest day thing.....back in the swing and feeling it!

    BC-That warrior thing sound totally awesome...count me in and keep me posted.
  21. Allison H :) Says:
  22. as i said on the logwod... this wod sucked ass! my legs are on fire and pretty much feel like mush right now! i'm not a fan of these zerchers.
    16:28 rx'd
    changed up the squats and lunges whenever I got tired doing one or the other... tough stuff!
    awesome work noon peeps

    Jake H and I are going to the fights... see ya there :) this weekend is gonna be awesome! UFC tomorrow... Sup Bowl Sunday!!! Crazy!!!
  23. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  24. 13:25 rx'd. I had no rhyme or reason on squats vs lunges. All of my box jumps were step ups, didnt really trust my legs to get me up there. I will defeat box jumps one sweet day!!
    Nice work everyone at 12!
  25. Jenni Says:
  26. I'm trying to register (my hubby and I) as spectators for regionals and it won't process a credit card. Has anyone else had this problem? Maybe it's full?? You guys have any ideas?
  27. Gdawg Says:
  28. This comment has been removed by the author.
  29. Kat Says:
  30. I did the wod in 12:41. I did lunges for the most part and did step-ups until the last 5 reps of the 3rd round. My goal was to do the wod in 12 min so I'm okay with my time.

Thanks For Visiting!