RSS

Wednesday 100120

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
"Uneven Grace"
For time:
30 Unevenly weighted Clean and Jerks (136#/87#)

Here's the deal, load up the bar evenly to the prescribed weight (or weight you plan to use). Do a clean and jerk, bring the bar back to the ground without taking your hands off the bar, then have someone mark tape on both sides of of each hand. During the workout, you can only attempt reps with your hands within the taped area.

Once the above is completed, unload the even weight and replace it unevenly. For guys, this means a yellow bumper, 5 pound plate, and 2.5 pound plate on one side and a blue bumper, 5 pound plate, and 2.5 pound plate on the other side. For the gals, there will be a green bumper on each side of the bar with two (2) five pound plates added to one side only. If you are not going prescribed, load the bar unevenly by 10 pounds.

You can not attempt an uneven clean and jerk at any weight until the workout actually begins.

Post time to comments.


Power clean technique by Coach Burgener.
______________________________________

The breakfast scramble has been set. The food has been ordered and will be delivered right before the 6AM class this Friday. The cost will be $5 a head, all of which will go to Rita to help pay for the food. Everyone is invited. Different types of egg scrambles, fruit trays, and coffee will be available to the AM classes.
______________________________________

The weather is supposed to take a turn for the worse. Omaha is expecting freezing rain which means icy roads. Keep checking back here for any updates concerning the morning classes. I will try and make a decision as early as possible but it may be as late as 4AM. Sorry for any inconvenience.

edit post

21 Responses to "Wednesday 100120"

  1. Gdawg Says:
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.
  3. Unknown Says:
  4. Did #98 total on weight. First time doing Grace uneven. Rough on the wrists. Done in 7:49, I think.

    Nice work 5a.
  5. Shelley Says:
  6. 4:48 Rx'd.
  7. paul Says:
  8. Not as bad as I thought it would be. 6:52 rx'ed, I think. I switched sides too often. That really slows you down.

    Nice work, everyone, and way to SMOKE this one, Paul Antoniak!
  9. Jake Says:
  10. Great work 6 am, especially Paul.

    I finshed my 30th rep just after time was called (lets call it 10:02). 121# (Yellow and Blue). My mix wasn't close to 50/50 (19 with blue on right, 11 with blue on left).
  11. BC Says:
  12. 9:48 rx'd. A lot slower than I thought it would be, I think because I switched sides too often...or because I'm weak. Now I really want to try normal Grace. Nice job 6am.

    Paul Antoniak you're my hero - all hail the Herculoids! (google it, wikipedia it or youtube it.)
  13. Eric C Says:
  14. 6:08 Rx'd* (Note the asterisk. It's like Barry Bond's home run record' they may not all have been legal) My hand on the heavy side would slide in when I caught the clean. Ricky pointed that out on my 28th rep... and I wasn't going to redo all of them.

    Paul Antoniak! GRRRRRRR!
  15. Rita Says:
  16. Congratulations to Tim Peterson, 6:30 pm'er, proud father of a baby boy born last evening at 10:22 pm. The little guy is 7 lb. 10 oz. and 20 inches long. Tim and Ang haven't named him yet.
  17. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  18. I cannot make it in tonight, looking forward to doing this one tomorrow!
  19. Addi Says:
  20. This was a fun one. Should have pushed harder, but I'm happy with it. 4:59 rx'd. Could have been around 4:30, but my brain didn't want to work too hard after yesterday.
  21. Allison H :) Says:
  22. 9:31 rx'd.
    Deeeeefinately felt weird the first few, had to mentally get used to pushing with arm that had the extra lbs... but I guess I liked it. Something different :) is always good!!
    Great job today 4:30! Way to get 'er done!
    ran 4 miles before class today as well... so I think today was pretty great balance of running and cf.

    Anyone else training for lincoln half or full marathon in may?
  23. Gina Says:
  24. 6:51 rx'ed this morning, definitely a different work out, but kinda fun
  25. Jenni Says:
  26. 6:36 at 63#. This was definitely different. I didn't realize how weak my left side was.
  27. BC Says:
  28. This comment has been removed by the author.
  29. BC Says:
  30. I think Addi mentioned something about wanting to run the half marathon, check with her
  31. Iron Nerd Says:
  32. Pounded it out in 7:45, but only went at 103#. I'm sure I could have added about 10# more and been right on. Oh well, live and learn. I'll be glad to rest the shoulders tomorrow...
  33. Steve Says:
  34. Yes, Lincoln has been my baseline run to see where I stand. It's nice and flat, well-supported and a ton of spectators cheering. This will be year 4 for me.

    For today, as rx'd 8:15. I'm definitely lopsided in shoulder strength.
  35. Paula Says:
  36. 4:49 with #73....Very awkward, but a lot of fun!!!
    Like others...I definitely had a weak side. I only did one and switch back to other side.

    Awesome job 6:30!!!

    Looking forward to a very needed rest day tomorrow because of yesterdays brutal WOD!!!
  37. Gdawg Says:
  38. This comment has been removed by the author.
  39. Addi Says:
  40. BChrist, you are dead to me.
  41. Pete I. Says:
  42. Did this one a day later.
    6:05 with 121#

Thanks For Visiting!