RSS

Thursday 091224

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Rest Day













Our second handstand. This one is of 6'amer Eric Clements. The shot was taken at Grand Lake Colorado in the Rocky Mountain National Forrest. Awesome pic to say the least.
__________________________________

Registration came and with it a lot of hoopla. Headquarters did not anticipate as many hits as they got and worked hard to get everything up to speed. From what I heard, we got most of our athletes, that were interested in going, registered.

I am curious as to how many of you actually registered. If you signed up, please let me know by posting to comments. I am gonna start working on getting hotel rooms lined up, an exact date and time of departure so we can travel as a group, and maps/points of interest for everyone to have in hand.

As I mentioned earlier, there will be three workouts over three days. Two on Saturday and one on Sunday. We will need to be in St. Charles prior to 5PM as this is when we are expected to check-in.

This will be a fun time for you guys as it should be. Take it serious if you are wanting to qualify for regionals but never lose sight of the fact that it is fun first. An experience of a lifetime. If you would like help with nutrition please do not hesitate to ask. The WOD's will start to materialize a competition prep. There will be no splitting up into a games group and regular group. We will all work together to get each other ready. Lots of weakness training, heavy lifting, long-light wods, etc. We'll be ready to make a statement.
__________________________________

Remember that there will be a 7AM class today, weather permitting. I will make every attempt to make it to the gym so if you want to get in please do so. We will also be open for a 2PM class for those that have to work the morning. It'll be the last chance to get a WOD in until Sunday's open gym time.

If we don't see you, from our families to you and your families, have a very merry Christmas and holiday season. You guys rock.

edit post

18 Responses to "Thursday 091224"

  1. paul Says:
  2. I don't care if it's only five bucks--I want it as a gigantic check.

    This is going to be sweet. I guess this means I will actually have to work out tomorrow.
  3. Courtney Scott Says:
  4. I can't believe I did, but I signed up for sectionals!! Thank my hubby for pressuring me into it. Let's hope my lack of working out this month doesn't kill me. Looking forward to finally being able to hang out with everyone.
  5. Anonymous Says:
  6. I'm in. Took forevor to sign up, but well worth the hassle!

    Nick P
  7. Addi Says:
  8. Registered in only 1 hour 20 minutes. I was actually impressed at how quickly they got their stuff up to speed after the initial mess.

    Were any other women asked to put in the name of their spectator? I know the guys last night were, but none of the girls...
  9. Crystal Says:
  10. Addi, it didn't ask me either. i thought maybe i missed it, but i didn't after all. i sent them an email telling them who i wanted to add.
  11. Danielle Says:
  12. i got signed up...whoop whoop!! Excited to see CFO dominate in this competition. Also excited about getting my eating back on track.
  13. Eric C Says:
  14. Well.... I've officially entered the sectionals. I'm already nervous. : )


    'This is crazy! This is crazy!'
  15. Greg MO Says:
  16. You guys won't believe this BS!!!

    All of a sudden about 2 hours after my 1 successful sectionals registration i get 5 registration emails all at once, i go to check my bank account and my account was charged $100 six times!!!!!...of course i email them frantically, i get a reply saying that it will be corrected ASAP but it still hasn't been fixed! Of course my account is frozen and negative a bunch still today so i call the help line and hear "we are out until after the holiday, sorry for the inconvenience, we will return your call on Monday the 28th"...WTF!!! I'm stuck with no $ in my account and no way to fix it until at least Monday!!!! this is F'n BS man!!!!!

    I better get a free registration fee or some other type of payback for this crap....well at least this is mental fuel to shave off time on my WODs....

    GREG MO SMASH!!!!!
  17. Eric C Says:
  18. That sucks Greg! You know, they never asked my for credit card info or anything... and I received a confirmation email that I was registered. Maybe they charged you for my registration. I'll just go ahead and call that your Christmas present to me! THANKS GREG! :)
  19. Anonymous Says:
  20. Registered, got two reply emails pretty sure I will get charged twice.

    Ben M.
  21. paul Says:
  22. Sucks, Greg! I got two emails too, so i'm pretty sure they wanna take $100 from me too. Luckily i have $2.50 coming to me from Crystal, so that'll offset my loss.
  23. Ricky Frausto Says:
  24. Hey guys,
    If you've read the games site, they sent out an extra confirmation email later on last night or today.

    I would still check your account but if you only received two confirmations, then you were probably only charged once.

    If you want more info, head over to the games site and read.

    ricky

    Merry Christmas to everyone. God Bless.
  25. paul Says:
  26. Thanks, Ricky! And Merry Christmas to all!

    I finally have a workout-related post:

    7 rds:

    7 slapping pushups
    14 squats (80# bag of salt)
    21 situps

    untimed, probably around 12. didn't break up any pushups!
  27. Allison H :) Says:
  28. working my last of the night shifts tonight and Christmas... then Days I am! :) Looks to be a very nice white Christmas! Be safe!
    Hope everybody has a wonderful Christmas!
  29. JimmyG Says:
  30. So, I had crowns and cash for the winners of the "First to Register" competition, but neither of the winners decided to show up at 1400 today...that's weak. Next time I see you two at the gym we're going to have a ceremony and photo op. Be ready.

    P.S. I looked into getting a huge check for you guys, but it would have cost a lot more than the prize money, so I decided against it.
  31. BC Says:
  32. Jess and I both got registered as well. I had been home all day, lying in bed with a stomach virus that had kept me up puking all night the night before. The only things I got out of bed for yesterday were 7Up and to register for the games. They should give me some sort of head start or something for that.
  33. Donohoe Says:
  34. meerry christmas everyone, I did overhead squats and worked on my kipping pull ups. I finishd at 198 for 3 with good form. Take care and let rock at regionals.
    Donohoe is frozen but out..
  35. Anonymous Says:
  36. I am pumped for the games! Greg, I think you should get a free registration or something! I doubt it will happen though, beings it costs $50 to be a spectator!! What is this? An NFL game or something? That $50 ticket better include a free beer pass, buffet pass and a lap dance at the nearest strip club! CFO is going to dominate!

    Nick P

Thanks For Visiting!