RSS

Wednesday 091223

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
Attention: Registration is now open for sectional competition. The system is being overloaded and is running very slow. Keep with it until you get registered. If you haven't already tried, please do so quickly as spots are going to fill up quickly. I would venture to say that spots will be gone by the end of the day. Let me know as soon as you get your spot.

If you are annoyed and would like us to try and register you through emailing Headquarters, email Joe or myself with your name, credit card number, and/or allow us to use the one on file, we will send an email to Tony Budding.

WOD
"JT"
21-15-9 reps for time of:
Handstand Pushups
Ring Dips
Pushups

Scale the workout as needed. I will allow the use of one ab-mat for those that need it but you must touch the ab-mat for every rep. You may also use bands for both the hspu's and ring dips. I would encourage you to utilize the least amount of assistance and drop the rep scheme to 15-12-9, 12-9-6, or even 9-6-3.

I say to drop the rep scheme and work on un-assisted as sectionals will not allow those that scale to qualify for regionals.

Post time to comments.














Our first handstand pic is from Brandon Pfannenstiel of the noon class. Brandon is a fighter for Mid-America Martial Arts where this took place. Get me more pics people.
__________________________________

Get ready to sign up for sectionals today at 3PM (keep an eye open just in case it opens early). Hopefully everyone that has written their name on the board will sign up.

We will only need to stay for Friday and Saturday nights as there are only three workouts. Two on Saturday and one on Sunday. Registration along with meet and greet will take place at 5PM on Friday and into the rest of the evening.

As I mentioned earlier, our section is going to allow scaling but those that scale will be disqualified from advancing to the regional competition. This is awesome as other sectional competitions are not allowing scaling at all. I say, come on come all.

Contact me if you have any further questions. I will get you more information as it becomes available.

Last thing, if you want to come watch but don't want to pay the $50 spectator fee, I suggest that you email Rochelle from CrossFit-TNT about volunteering or judging. This gets you in for free. Act quick as spot will run out. Her email address is manager@newtownfitness.net.
__________________________________

Due to popular demand, the Christmas schedule has changed. The new schedule is as follows:
Christmas Eve - 7AM and 2PM classes only
Closed both Christmas day and the day after.
Keep an eye out for Sunday's class time.

edit post

23 Responses to "Wednesday 091223"

  1. Addi Says:
  2. Triple Goat Day. Yippee.

    Not sure if my glutes are functional enough to kick up into a handstand...
  3. Courtney B Says:
  4. Couldn't make it in today, so I stayed home and did 21-15-9 of handstand holds, swings, situps, and pushups. Not sure of my time but I know it was under 10.
  5. Gdawg Says:
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.
  7. ZachR Says:
  8. I am assuming that very close to 3pm a link will appear on the left hand side of the games site for Registration
  9. Gdawg Says:
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.
  11. JimmyG Says:
  12. Games registration link is up, but everyone's having problems registering...keep trying people. I'll give 5 dollars to the first person from the gym who gets registered!!!
  13. Crystal Says:
  14. dang, made it all the way to female athlete registration link and then an error...
  15. JimmyG Says:
  16. Gina P, I signed you up as my spectator...you have a free ticket to the sectionals!!!
  17. paul Says:
  18. i don't think i am registered, but i might be. or i might've just sent my credit card no. into cyberspace for all to see. that and my fran time.
  19. Allison H :) Says:
  20. ya the reg site is loading super slow and then I can't get past just clicking the link to north-central and the site shuts down and says error. great! has anybody made it all the way through and registered successfully!???

    Paul at least whoever decides to steal your identity and credit knows you can pummel their ass!
  21. Crystal Says:
  22. That was crazy! I was trying to help customers and register at the same time. Haha! Hopefully they don't have everyone register at the same time next year. This will be fun. I'm looking forward to it.
  23. paul Says:
  24. I'm registered!

    Where's my money, Jimbo?!
  25. Allison H :) Says:
  26. Jake and I are registered!

    2+ hours at the computer! BS! That was a mess trying to get through! I was having anxiety hoping the site didn't shut down while I was filling out to info as fast as I could! Haha! YAYAYA! Now I'm getting excited!!
  27. JimmyG Says:
  28. I'm pretty sure i'm registered now. I sure hope so anyway. As soon as you guys figure out who was first to register we can organize the publisher's clearing house style "awarding of the cash" ceremony. Paul, I think crystal may have beaten you to it.
  29. Shelley Says:
  30. Finally got registered as well. Printed out the email confirmation anyway...
  31. Greg MO Says:
  32. well...finaly aftr 2 1/2 hrs of attempts got registerd...

    a steady pattern of attempts every 5-10 minutes seems to be the only successful way...hopefully it doesnt take every1 els as long as it took me...

    Good luck!!!
  33. Crystal Says:
  34. Whoo Hoo!! Sorry Paul;-) But...maybe since it is Christmas i'll split it with you if your not on the naughty list!!
  35. paul Says:
  36. No, I think it's rightfully yours, Crystal. I just wanted to be a part of the publisher's clearing house style ceremony. i wanted the big check.
  37. Crystal Says:
  38. Paul you can join in on the ceremony. Jimmy, does that big check come with the ballon bouquet, flowers and camera crew too? That would be sweet. Paul I'll cut that big check in half for you!
  39. Gdawg Says:
  40. This comment has been removed by the author.
  41. Addi Says:
  42. This workout was good timing, as it's most of what I suck at.. just in time to remind me that sectionals have the potential to be a disaster.

    15-12-9
    purple bands for HSPU
    Did the first 17 dips strict (and SLOWLY one at a time with LOTS of rest and the occasional dizzy spell), then got smart and used a tan band.

    This is probably the first workout ever where I can say that the pushups were the easy part. Did them in 3s all the way through with no problems. Love it. Rest Day Bench Day is paying off.
  43. Shelley Says:
  44. Did 21-12 reps due to time constraints. It became apparent I was going too slow....Did negatives to floor to start with for HSPU's (attempted to push myself up, and it wasn't happening). Switched to one ab mat negatives and used purple band for dips. Was able to do 2 dips unassisted in warm up but not during WOD; dips were 2 and 3 at a time; pushups were 2 and 3 at a time. Really need a ton of work to get to the point where I can do HSPU and dips unscaled. Fatigue seemed to set in fast on this one which was obvious during pushups.
  45. Greg MO Says:
  46. You guys won't believe this BS!!!

    All of a sudden about 2 hours after my 1 successful sectionals registration i get 5 registration emails all at once, i go to check my bank account and my account was charged $100 six times!!!!!...of course i email them frantically, i get a reply saying that it will be corrected ASAP but it still hasn't been fixed! Of course my account is frozen and negative a bunch still today so i call the help line and hear "we are out until after the holiday, sorry for the inconvenience, we will return your call on Monday the 28th"...WTF!!! I'm stuck with no $ in my account and no way to fix it until at least Monday!!!! this is F'n BS man!!!!!

    I better get a free registration fee or some other type of payback for this crap....well at least this is mental fuel to shave off time on my WODs....

    GREG MO SMASH!!!!!

Thanks For Visiting!