RSS

Tuesday 091215

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
"Bear Complex"
5 rounds, 7 sets of the following sequence:
Power Clean
Front Squat
Push Press
Back Squat
Push Press

Rest as needed between rounds.

The completion of 7 times through the above sequence constitutes one round. During each round, you may not put the bar down, even to re-grip. Only touch and go. If you need to rest, do so in the rack position, behind the neck, in the grip from a standing position, or in the crease of the hips.

Increase load each round.

Post highest weight lifted to comments.












2009 CrossFit Games Event 2: Dead-lift (Men)

This is a long video so expect a long loading time if your connection is slow.
_______________________________

Next year's games competitions are upon us. As a matter of fact, sectionals are being held in February. I want to strongly encourage anyone and everyone to consider giving it a shot. All about fun and nothing more, I promise.

There are some of you that will take it serious and really try to make it to the big show in California and to others, its just a chance to have a little fun outside the gym. I know there are a lot of you that have competed in triathlons, marathons, mud runs, etc. This is no different. The worse thing you can think or do is believe that you aren't good enough. It's not about good enough. Only one person can win a marathon but hundreds can run and enjoy it.

If you are interested, please let me know. Joe and I just want to start getting an idea of who is interested. Also, the affiliate team will have to qualify at regionals this year so we want to know who would be interested in a team competition.

Please give it a thought. Don't just decide that it's not for you. More information will be given as it becomes available.

edit post

17 Responses to "Tuesday 091215"

  1. Allison H :) Says:
  2. What weekend in Feb are the sectionals? I already have to sign up through March for my work schedule and want to make sure I get it off :) thanks - too busy at work now to look it up, never to busy to check the blog though! ha!
  3. Anonymous Says:
  4. I am definitiley in for the games, as well as affiliate cup! Sign me up.

    Nick P
  5. Shelley Says:
  6. Ended up at 97# for last round.

    Used the following weights for each round:

    53#
    63#
    77#
    87#
    97#

    Push press got tough in this one.

    Great job Gina. Enjoyed working with you today.

    As usual, 6 a.m. crew was great!!
  7. Shelley Says:
  8. I'm definitely interested in partipating in sectionals. I'm interested in the team competition as well.
  9. paul Says:
  10. count me in for sectionals, and as a CFO team hopeful.

    i love the bear complex, even though it is painful. got up to 132 rx'ed, and 142 not rx'ed (lost the bar on the 5th set).
  11. Eric C Says:
  12. Cool WOD today.
    132 -Rx'd 'slow and low that is the tempo' i.e. if you take your time with this WOD, you can put up more weight. My last set took about 20 mins. : )

    Greg Mo BEASTED this. Nice job.
    Good tabata Tuesday Big D. Thanks for pushing me.
    I didn't think weightlifting shoes could be sexy.... and then I saw Hilg's. Ooooooooooo. Shoe envy!
  13. Hilg Says:
  14. That was fun, seriously. Gotta be the shoes!

    115# Rx'd with Big D pushing me. Looking forward to a more regular 6am participation over the Holidays!
  15. BC Says:
  16. Painful yet throughly enjoyable, this is my favorite kind of wod.

    Finished @ 115#. Had a mental lapse in the 3rd round and decided to do 2 consecutive front squats for some reason, and realized it at the bottom of the squat. Brilliant.

    Nice work 6am! As for the sectionals I'm in, someone needs to lower the bell curve.
  17. Greg MO Says:
  18. I'm in for the whole thing this year! I'm trying to do individual and affiliate cup at the same time, the more the merrier!!!
  19. Paula Says:
  20. I love these kind of WODs!!! Felt pretty good...for 1hr of sleep. I joined the 5am class this morning...plan on doing a lot more am's. Too many things come up in afternoons...especially work!

    Did- 53#,58#,63#,68#,73#

    Good times 5am'ers! Great job!
  21. Gina Says:
  22. I worked with Shelly and got to 92# today. I probably could have gone heavier, but my grip was giving out and I was afraid I wouldn't have been able to hold on to the bar.

    great working with you Shelly!
    Nice job everyone at 6am!
  23. kahrs Says:
  24. Some how got 142 a 10 PR. Great job everyone.
  25. Gdawg Says:
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.
  27. Ricky Frausto Says:
  28. I finally posted the workout to LogWod if you guys want to go and post your weight there.

    Sorry it took me so long to get it posted.

    Ricky
  29. JimmyG Says:
  30. Made it to 147# and failed on the 3rd set of round 5. Big thanks to Dan for making me finish those last 4 sets.

    This WOD had a big mental component for me. I wanted to quit so many times It was hard to push through. I think 70% of the reason I failed at 154# was mental.
  31. BigD Says:
  32. 115# as RX'd. Thanks Brian H for pushing me. And thanks Eric C for brining tabata Tuesday back!
    Wish I could do the sectionals but going to be stuck at NCOA until the 20th. But I'm up for training like I'm going to compete!
  33. Addi Says:
  34. This is one of my favorites.

    Ended at 98# in the 4th round, and called it quits. Push presses actually felt kind of decent, but the squats made my back seize up a little. There was something afoot in my left lower back, and it wasn't pretty. I think it's just fallout from last week's shovelling and slipping on icy sidewalks. Hopefully it will take care of itself, and soon!

Thanks For Visiting!