RSS

Thursday 091210

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Box Jump 1RM

Perform the highest box jump you can muster for one jump.

followed by,

2 rounds for time of:
10 Back Squats, 242#/164#
30 Burpees

Percentage of 1RM Back Squat: 70%

Post highest jump in inches and met-con time to comments.


World Record Mile Time

edit post

12 Responses to "Thursday 091210"

  1. Addi Says:
  2. 1RM box jump? Best. day. ever. Is it noon yet?

    (you'll notice, I'm pretending I didn't just read 60 burpees. still plotting how I'm going to slip out the door unnoticed after the box jumps.)
  3. BC Says:
  4. 48 1/4" box jump (it was either 5 reds and a green or 6 reds and a green, but I'm pretty sure it was 5). Good times.

    6:52 for squats/burpess, rx'd @ 181# and 30. This wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

    It was good to get back in the gym...hell it was nice just to get out of my house for a while for something other than shoveling snow. Nice job 6am crew.
  5. paul Says:
  6. Great job, 6am! Eric, awesome job on the f-ing high box jump!

    I got 46" (got my feet on 50", but never landed balanced).

    metcon: 6:30 rx'ed.
  7. Shelley Says:
  8. 39" on box jump; was 4 reds and a green; failed on 4 reds and a blue and didn't attempt again after my fall.

    BC, are you sure it wasn't 6 reds?

    6:13 for metcon Rx'd.

    Great job 6 a.m. crew as usual! Felt good to be back at my "regular" time.
  9. BC Says:
  10. It very well could've been 6 reds Shelley. I just know it was really high and I'm glad I didn't eat it.

    Which reminds me - most graceful miss of the morning goes to Greg Mo for his Shawn Johnson-esque mount on top, Bella Legosi would be proud. Most "oh-my-god-is-she-ok?!?" miss of the morning goes to Shelley. Ow. Hope you're feeling ok Shelley, way to bounce back...literally.
  11. Eric C Says:
  12. 7 reds bitches.....
  13. Steve Says:
  14. Looks like a fun one. But I'm taking a short sabbatical to concentrate on finals next week, so will be in after that.
  15. Shelley Says:
  16. BC don't you know that a good woman always bounces back!!!
  17. Allison H :) Says:
  18. 33" box jump
    -attempted 35" but I kept psyching myself out! I would swing my arms to jump and then.... couldn't jump for it

    6:53 metcon
    - 109# back squats (75% of 1rm), and I love me some burpees! :)

    today was fun! great work 4:30!
  19. JimmyG Says:
  20. 41.5 on the jump.

    dnf for the metcon. I was at the bottom of my last burpee when the buzzer rang. frustrating.
  21. Gdawg Says:
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.
  23. Addi Says:
  24. 44 1/2" (BC, yours must have been 6 reds, because mine was 5 reds and a green) I love love love tall box jumps.

    DNF metcon with 5 burpees left. Surprisingly, the burpees were not necessarily the limiting factor here. My squats felt weak and SLOW - 164# felt WAY heavier than it should have.

Thanks For Visiting!