RSS

Friday 091120

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Clean 1RM (when you thought you had me figured out)

Find your 1 rep max in the clean

Post weight to comments.


Naim "Pocket Hercules" Suleymanoglu lifted in two weight classes. The majority being in the 60kg or 132 pound weight class. He is listed at 4 feet 10 inches and recognized as the greatest Olympic lifter, pound for pound.

Naim is one of only 7 lifters to clean and jerk 3 times their bodyweight. Here, in the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta, he is in competition with his greatest rival Leonidis of Germany. Naim shows us in this video, with a successful clean and jerk of 413 pounds, why he has won three Olympic Gold Medals and is one of the greatest lifters to ever compete.

edit post

13 Responses to "Friday 091120"

  1. Jake H Says:
  2. Yeeeeeeeah!
  3. Gdawg Says:
  4. thats crazy...and i love the guy thats so excited that he leaps OVER him! LOL!
  5. Hilg Says:
  6. "Elbows up" will be ringing in my ears all day.

    191# and a PR. Jump to 201 might has well have been 300#....or so it felt.

    Anybody going to the Husker game Saturday night is welcome at our tailgate in the Lincoln Journal Star lot north of Q Street between 9th and 10th. Two Black and Red Husker awnings set up over a trailer with plasma and speakers.

    Brian
  7. paul Says:
  8. 220#, PR. It was a struggle--I missed it about 5 times before I got it.

    Nice working with you guys, Greg Mo and Mark.

    Congrats to all on PRs!
  9. Mark Says:
  10. 230# PR by 10#. I went for gold and attempted 242. Tried twice and called it a day.

    Good working with you too Paul and Greg Mo.
  11. Gina Says:
  12. Finally, after a not so great week, I got a new PR! 119 (5# PR)! Tried 124, but still have trouble getting down fast enough. More to work on!
  13. Kelli Says:
  14. this is by far one of my favorite videos on weightlifting out there...i remember about a year or so ago my old trainer showed me this...amazing. Lift strong today everyone...see ya when i get back home....
  15. BC Says:
  16. I loves me some cleans. 191#, a 17# pr. Got cocky and made 2 attempts at 201, trying to break through that 200# barrier, but it wasn't happening, I'll get it next time though. Nice job everyone.
  17. hannah eileen Says:
  18. YAY for PR's! I love seeing people throw big weight around. It's so damn inspiring. I got an 11# PR today getting me to 132#. First pr in a long time. Thanks to the 4:30 crew for cheering while I held the squat for a while.
    Congrats to everyone who got a new personal best today!
  19. Allison H :) Says:
  20. YAYAYAYAYA! MAS PR for me! by 25#s!
    old clean - 92#
    NEW CLEAN - 117#
    :)
    attempted 122 3 x's... but couldn't get under the bar... oh well I am just happy enough with what i did! :)
    awesome job today everybody! 4:30 crew!
  21. kahrs Says:
  22. After about five attempts I got 228. Great job to everyone at 4:30.
  23. Eric C Says:
  24. 430 was awesome today! Great work everyone. A ton of PRs! Linds, Hanahaha, Zach, Kahrs, Jeff S (Who I watched) and everyone else who I didn't see. It was koo seeing all that weight being thrown around. 208# for me. 19# over my last PR. (new guys make big jumps that get us pumped!)
  25. Eric C Says:
  26. 430 was awesome today! Great work everyone. A ton of PRs! Linds, Hanahaha, Zach, Kahrs, Jeff S (Who I watched) and everyone else who I didn't see. It was koo seeing all that weight being thrown around. 208# for me. 19# over my last PR. (new guys make big jumps that get us pumped!)

Thanks For Visiting!