RSS

Thursday 091008

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
"Chelsea"
On the minute, every minute, for 30 minutes of:
5 Pull-ups
10 Pushups
15 Air Squats

Set up before a clock, and every minute on the minute perform 5 pull-ups, 10 pushups, and 15 squats. Can you continue for thirty minutes? Twenty minutes? How about 10?

If you overlap into the next minute, finish that round, but wait until the next minute before continuing. For example, if I am on the 13th rep of air squats when the next minute starts, I will finish the remaining two squats but will then rest for the remainder of that minute (could be 50 secs) before continuing on to the next round. If the overlap only happens once, the whole 30 minutes, your completed rounds (score) can only be 29 now. And so on....

Post results to comments.














Chad Cox shows us full extension and force into the bar in order to give himself the best opportunity to get that bar overhead during a thruster rep.
__________________________________

A notice to all that a nutrition seminar has been scheduled for Saturday, October 31st. The time has yet to be determined but expect it to last about 2 hours. Mark those calendars.

edit post

17 Responses to "Thursday 091008"

  1. paul Says:
  2. Tough, but not as bad as I thought it would be.

    24 rds. I think I stayed on schedule until rd 13.

    If you are ever feeling unmotivated, just set up between Eric C and Greg Mo. Those guys work damn hard!
  3. BC Says:
  4. Wow, Chelsea is just as big a biz-natch as Cindy is.

    17 rounds Rx'd. I was guessing I would be able to get somewhere between 15 and 20 so I can't be too disappointed, though it would've been nicer to be closer to 20. Just need to work on those pushups...and apparently opening up my hip all the way on those squats. Nice job morning crew.
  5. Eric C Says:
  6. BC, I'm glad I didn't have any problems what-so-ever opening my hips up at the top. ;) If my effing knee didn't hurt during the 5 effing thousand reps, I may have been a little more technically correct at the end. I'm just happy I squeaked by Greg Mo and Paul. Sometimes I have to cheat to win... and I'm ok with that.LOL
  7. Eric C Says:
  8. Oh yeah, 25 rounds. : )
  9. Jess Says:
  10. HELLO legs!!! Even though the air squats were kinda a break....they are killing me now espically after this WOD AND teaching class at Gold's.

    22 rounds NOT rx'd though. Jumping pullups and pushups from my knees. Even though I wasn't doing this workout rx'd, it is good to set up by someone that is a machine (like GregO'Kief) and try to keep pace with them.

    Great job 6am peeps ;u)
  11. BigD Says:
  12. 18 rounds as RX'd but I guess I didn't come up all the way on my squats. I swear I thought I did. At least that's how it looked in my head. :) Lesson learned.
  13. hannah eileen Says:
  14. f that noise. that sucked
  15. Shelley Says:
  16. 16 rounds Rx'd; pullups felt the best they ever have and I didn't have to break them up. Pushups sucked....

    Great Job Jen S and the rest of the 4:30 crew!
  17. B3nj4m1n Says:
  18. Finished 23 rounds rx'd. Man did those pushups suck. I reached 14 reps 3 times when the buzzer went off, I was starting to get a little annoyed. Great Job 4:30.
  19. Anonymous Says:
  20. 29 rds, 28 on time. Pretty disappointed that I couldn't finish it off.
  21. Anonymous Says:
  22. My Saturday slot will be open this weekend if someone wants it :) Becky V
  23. Brandon Says:
  24. As RX'd = 22 rounds

    BrandonB
  25. Gdawg Says:
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.
  27. Allison H :) Says:
  28. It didn't sound too bad reading it - BUT actually doing it was tougher than I thought! For me it was the push-ups that slowed me down!! Tried to stay strict but @ 7th rd was dropping my hips too much. Started doing them from my knees and even though that helped, I still felt slow at those! Was able to do to pullups all in a row, air sqts were a nice break from all that shoulder action! great work today peeps!
  29. Allison H :) Says:
  30. oh ya! ~ 15 rds!
  31. Courtney Bright Says:
  32. After the last few days my shoulder is totaly shot and this workout showed it. I got 10rnds total scaled to bands for pullups and pushups from the knees. I will be out of town until monday and am going to enjoy my much needed rest days!!
  33. Addi Says:
  34. Hannah, truer words have never been spo...typed.

    Chelsea is dumb and I hate it. 18 rounds - moved to the knees for pushups in the 3rd round. Probably shouldn't have done 10 in a row for the first 2. Who the hell do I think I am? (Not that it made a huge difference, but I maybe could have waited until round 5 to scale.)

    My left shoulder was DYING.

Thanks For Visiting!