RSS

Tuesday 090929

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Push Press 5x5

Work up to 85% of your 1RM over 5 sets, using the following percentages:
55%/62.5%/70%/77.5%/85%

followed by,

7 rounds for time of:
10 Below the Knee Power Clean and Jerk, 98/68 pounds
20 Slam Ball Rotational Throws, 20/16 pound ball

For the power clean and jerks, you only have to get the bar below the kneecap before attempting each rep. You may go from the ground if desired but the required range of motion is only below the kneecap.

The jerk is either a push jerk or a split jerk but it must be a jerk and not a push press.

Watch the linked video to get an idea of how to do a rotational med ball throw.











Post FGB4. Great work men.
_________________________________

Just a reminder that the weather is getting colder but the heater is not going on. I would recommend that you start pulling out the beanies and skull caps plus the sweatshirts and sweatpants. Come prepared.

edit post

17 Responses to "Tuesday 090929"

  1. BC Says:
  2. Before I forget, my 8am Saturday slot is available this weekend as I will be in Kansas for some truck-pulling, tire-flipping, sled-pushing fun. Let me know if you want it.

    Push press: 130x5
    Metcon: 14:21 rx'd
  3. Eric C Says:
  4. Push press 148 x 5. Thanks for the help Paul Audi.

    MetCon 11:30. Way to work Jeff S. (I don't think I had it in me to get ahead of you)

    Photos from FGB4. If you want one, let me know and I'll email it to you. (Or you can purchase them off of the Picasa website, by why waste the money)
    http://picasaweb.google.com/docclem/20090927?feat=directlink
  5. paul Says:
  6. push press: 164x4
    metcon: 12:49

    Nice work by all. Good working with you on push press, Eric.
  7. paul Says:
  8. Eric--didn't you get 154x5? I thought you did.
  9. Hilg Says:
  10. BC- I sent you and email and will take your 8:00am if that works.

    That would leave my 9:00am open now if anyone wants it.

    177*5
    MetCon: 11:34

    Brian
  11. Meredith Says:
  12. Good job 6 AM! My 85% was 77# and I finished the met-con in 13:41, 16# medball and 53# for clean and jerk.
    I wanted to let everyone know that I will not be at the 9 AM class this Saturday. Somebody from the waitlist can have my spot for the day. I'll be at the Buddy Walk!
  13. Jen Says:
  14. YEAH BUDDY WALK! FYI- if you are walking with Brady's Brigade I will post information in the gym. THANKS to everyone who has shown their support so far! Crossfit is an amazing community!
  15. hannah eileen Says:
  16. (what time is the buddy walk?)
    I got 92# on the 5x5 press. My shoulder hurt with a pvc pipe so I was nervous going overhead so many times. felt better than expected.
    The metcon was awesome. I finished at 13:37rx'd. I love hook grip!
  17. Meredith Says:
  18. It starts at 9 AM. My team is getting there early and may be a good idea whichever team you are walking with because it will be crowded!
  19. Jess Says:
  20. My Saturday 8am time slot is open as well. Let me know if anyone wants it.

    73#x5, very sore today so struggled alot

    Metcon: 13:37 using 53# and 16# ball-I thought this metcon was tough.

    My abs hurt when I sneeze or cough...OUCH!!!

    Great job 6am peeps :u)
  21. Crystal Says:
  22. nice job 6:30

    93x5 for push press.
    Metcon- finished 2 rounds & left shoulder was hurting on cleans. when cleans are in a metcon i have trouble with keeping form & bend the elbows (hence why my shoulder was hurting). so, instead of finishing i worked on the pull & getting under the bar. finally got it.
  23. Gdawg Says:
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.
  25. Megan McNamara Says:
  26. great job 6:30!

    80x5 for push press.
    Metcon-finished 12:36 Rx'd
    This was my second time ever to do a prescribed work out and it's hard but I love it! My forearms are still so stiff.

    See yall soon!
  27. Anonymous Says:
  28. 114X5 for push press

    DNF on metcon Rx'd; had 18 ball throws left in last round; disappointed as this is my second DNF in a row and I feel good physically...back is much better so I don't know what's going on.

    Great job 4:30; Jen S. did especially great!!

    Shelley
  29. kahrs Says:
  30. My 8am Saturday spot is open if anyone wants it.
  31. Courtney B Says:
  32. #83x5 for pushpress, and DNF on the metcon.

    Kahrs I will take you 8am spot on saturday if it is still open. That would leave my 9am spot open this saturday if someone wants it, I will also be out of town next saturday so someone is welcome to my 9am next saturday as well.
  33. Addi Says:
  34. 114x5 Push Press

    12:26 rx'd Metcon - I may have been 1:11 faster than Hannah, but she's WAY better at CF math. This one was fun, but my arms burned... Abs are destroyed from Monday.

Thanks For Visiting!