RSS

Thursday 090917

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Dead-lift 5-5-5-5-5 reps
55%x5/62.5%x5/70%x5/77.5%x5/85%x5

followed by,

"Tabata Something Else"
Complete 32 intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest where the first 8 intervals are pull-ups, the second 8 intervals are pushups, the third 8 are situps, and finally, the last 8 intervals are air squats.

There is no rest between exercises.

Post last dead-lift weight and total reps from all 32 intervals to comments.


The Burg Files - Coaching Points
________________________________

When doing these strength lifts, whether it is Olympic lifts or power-lifts, you have to stick to the percentages and even err on the light side. Don't go over these percentages. They are in place for a reason. They give you an opportunity to work on other aspects of the movement such as speed and/or technique. You shouldn't(can't) miss any lifts, especially during Olympic lifting. Don't go even a pound heavier, no matter how good today feels. Trust in the program and work on getting better at how your moving and not what your moving.

edit post

26 Responses to "Thursday 090917"

  1. Gdawg Says:
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.
  3. Mike Livergood Says:
  4. Joe,

    once again Joe great comments of wisdom on the main website. good job way to share the great things crossfit is doing here.
  5. BC Says:
  6. DL-264#x5
    Tabata-299 total reps
  7. Anonymous Says:
  8. DL 258#x5; DL's felt pretty good;
    Tabata 292 total; breakdown:
    pullups: 39
    pushups: 44
    situps: 90
    airsquats: 119

    Great job once again 6 a.m. class!

    Shelley
  9. Anonymous Says:
  10. Inaugral 5a class: Nice. Hard work this morning.
  11. paul Says:
  12. lots of hard work at 6am as always. nice work, everyone!

    DL: 396
    tabata: 357

    so, so tired.
  13. paul Says:
  14. just added up my tabata score again...and got 374. i added up the pullups wrong before.

    don't even say it BC.
  15. Eric C Says:
  16. 242# deadlift 5x5. Felt gooood.
    368 Tababata

    That was my first Tabata Something Else total. That was fun (except for wanting to puke during the situps). Could have gone a little harder during the first few sets of squats (Chuck Norris wouldn't have wussed out like that).
  17. BigD Says:
  18. 301 # on DL
    295 reps on tabata. Pullups sucked! Squats damn near made me puke. Great work 6AMers!
  19. Greg MO Says:
  20. DL= 308#
    Tabata= 376

    Already did heavy DLs on Mon so took it easy on them 2day, only got up 2 308# on my last couple sets...tabata got tuff w/o a break, pushups were the hardest 4 me as usual, should have pushed harder thru squats...

    Nice work 6amers!!!
  21. Gina Says:
  22. DL- 224#, tabata 242. I was shooting for 250, but the pull-ups held me up a lot. Next time...
  23. O'Kief Says:
  24. I am gone this Saturday, so if anyone wants to use my 9 am spot, please post.

    Sorry I'm going to miss this one. Or not. Tabata Vegas instead: bourbon; blackjack; beer; craps. I feel a PR.
  25. Eric C Says:
  26. Paul,

    I'm going to HAVE to throw a flag on that!!!!
  27. Anonymous Says:
  28. Great work this morning everyone!
    253# x5 for DL.
    348 reps for Tabata.

    Anyone else's hands just killing them? Mine are much more sore than usual.
  29. Jess Says:
  30. Meredith and I paired up today. We worked up to our 80% very quickly so Ricky had us to several sets at our 80% to get stronger.

    DL:4x5 @146#
    Tabata: 269, dang pull ups and push ups

    Great job 6am peeps. Y'all are some funny folks!!! :u)
  31. Eric C Says:
  32. Paul,

    I would be willing to overlook your little faux pas if you wanted to buy me a beer at happy hour tonight.

    I'm just talking out loud....
  33. Greg MO Says:
  34. I'm out of town also this Saturday so there is a spot open @ 9am...
  35. paul Says:
  36. I knew I'd get flak for this, Eric. I'm not sure down to the rep, but I am sure I counted myself as having 1 fewer pullup and pushup every round when I tallied up this morning. so i miscounted by about 16.
  37. Allison H :) Says:
  38. Great work noon peeps! Today was fun! Made me feel a whole lot better about myself from yesterday's snatches! :)
    168#X5 for DL max weight used today (85%)
    tabata everything - 343 reps - i think since I had to start with squats since there was no bar available for pullups this was how I got so many reps completed! I was pumped up and ready to go until I got to pushups! Great workout... lots of sweat! I like it! :)
  39. Danielle Says:
  40. I will be out of town this weekend so my 9 spot is open. Go Irish :)
  41. Kelli Says:
  42. argh. can't believe that I have missed 2 days in a row. i'll be back at it tomorrow - this week has just been crazy.
  43. Courtney Says:
  44. 197# for deadlift and 185 for the tabata (143 of that was sit-ups and squats).
    I also won't be here on saturday so my 9:00am spot is open,in case anyone wants it, even though I think its a rest day.
  45. Crystal Says:
  46. 222# for DL. was getting heavy but I made my 85%.

    314 for Tabata.

    Great job 6:30. My hands hurt!!
  47. Paula Says:
  48. If saturday is a rest day and we don't come in- it will not count against us as one of our "missed" saturdays-right??

    Did 185# x5 on DL
    Tabata-283- Pullups sucked, made up for it in pushups and situps!
  49. Anonymous Says:
  50. 374 for DL's and 380 for the tabata. Did way too many push ups the first set and battled back! I'm shootin for 400 reps next time.

    Good job morning monsters!

    Nick P
  51. Mark Says:
  52. 357 for my last set of deadlifts... 362 for Tabata Something Else. The last time we did this WOD I got 390. I am way out of shape compared to when we were training for the qualifier, its time to get back on track.

    Am I wrong, but from what I understand, Saturday is a scheduled rest day so all those who are on the list to work out at 8AM and 9AM don't have to show up unless they are making up a workout? And even so, 8AM is not available, right?

Thanks For Visiting!