RSS

Saturday 090905

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Clean 1RM

followed by

"Annie"
50-40-30-20-10 reps for time of:
Double Unders
Situps

Those coming in at either 9 or 10AM will be doing team workouts

Post highest weight lifted and met-con time to comments/logwod.














This pic was posted on the affiliate blog of the main site yesterday. The post was "Some people will go anywhere for a pull-up." Isn't this so true?

Wouldn't you say that CrossFitters are always trying to do a pull-up somewhere odd or always trying to box jump any and every thing?

When was the last time you tried to apply your CrossFit movement skills outside the gym? What were you doing?

Post answers to comments.

edit post

17 Responses to "Saturday 090905"

  1. BC Says:
  2. Wow! What an awesome group for the 1st Sat 8am class. Awesome!

    174# clean, pr. 7:15 Annie, :07 off my pr.

    Roll Tide!!!
  3. Gdawg Says:
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.
  5. Gdawg Says:
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.
  7. Anonymous Says:
  8. Did 141# on clean; failed twice at 146# because I didn't keep my arms straight. Did "Annie" in 9:52 rx'd. The first 2 rounds of doubleunders were ugly as I was getting 3 or 4 at a time or missing altogether. It finally clicked in the 3rd round and I was able to do 28 in a row which is a record for me.

    Congrats Kelli on your PR of 146#!!

    It was a big class and everyone did great.

    Shelley
  9. Courtney B Says:
  10. What an awesome group at 8am!! I got 104# for the clean, I am not sure if this is a PR or not as I can't remember the last time that I did a 1rm clean but I know it was a long time ago. 13:04 annie with the double unders scaled to 15,12,9,6,3. Thanks to everyone for cheering me on through the end.
  11. Brian Says:
  12. 185# Clean and 10:02 on the modified Annie. Still working on Doubleunders. Like other techniques I need to find time for practicing outside of gym time. Just do it!

    Brian
  13. Cari Says:
  14. 104# for the clean ... got 104 on another day not long ago but took A LOT of tries; got it today on the 1st try but couldn't get under it fast enough any heavier. Next time more for sure!!

    10:37 for scaled Annie, 15-12-9-6-3 double unders. The guy in front of me, not sure who, was doing double unders so fast that during my situps I felt like I had my own personal fan :). Gina and Jess-it was fun working with you!
  15. Mel C Says:
  16. Dang-it! I missed cleans!!!! OMG Cari I just laughed out loud at your post! That is awesome! I'm definitely coming in tomorrow sometime to do the work out then doing this on Monday at my commercial gym...that I HATE!
  17. Mel C Says:
  18. Oh, as for doing Crossfit out side of the gym, I recall one night at Drafthouse where Alex Duarte, Jen Thomas, Joe Calderon and myself had a burpee contest and squat contest. Yea...we're brilliant.
  19. Kelli Says:
  20. Igot a pr today -this week has been awesome. 146# clean. Think I can do more if I work on that grip release. Then did annie scaled in 9:11. Like the new jump ropes. The dus felt easier!
  21. Eric C Says:
  22. Nice big class this am. I think it's motivating watching people throw up heavy weight. It get's me pumped and I think that helps my 1RM's.

    189# Clean (PR)
    6:13 Annie. (PR'd by like 2 mins).
  23. Anonymous Says:
  24. In colorado for the weekend so couldn't come in. Went to a 24 hour fitness and did some cleans and 3 rds of DT.

    Nick P
  25. Gina Says:
  26. I got a PR at 114, tried and failed 124, maybe next time.

    I did 15-12-9-6-3 double unders and actually managed to truly get a few in. 11:55

    I really liked the big class today!
  27. BigD Says:
  28. Awesome having so many folks in there this morning. Lots of hard work going on. Thanks Brian, BC, and Eric for pushing me. Got 185 up. Tried 199 but just couldn't snap it up. 9:58 on the modified Annie. Mental note: must do double unders daily at home to get my technique better.
    Tomorrow's WOD looks awesome! See y'all at 1pm!
  29. Allison H :) Says:
  30. when i go pick up a extra large bag of large dog breed dog food i feel - and almost move the bag off the bottom shelf like a snatch! it makes me feel bad ass buying dog food! lol!
  31. Michael Says:
  32. I'm ALWAYS doing gymnastic moves outside the gym! I do levers on park benches, pullups on trees, flags on handicapped signs, dips anywhere I can.

    Somebody challenged me to jump on a desk at work. I remember looking at it and thinking, "that's not much higher than a 24-inch box!" No problemo!
  33. Anonymous Says:
  34. I did Annie at home with my own jump rope and no ab mat - I managed to get all DU's in a row without stopping and didn't break up situps at all..6:32

    I guess the only thing I could get faster at is the situps...and BTW situps without an AB MAT SUCKS!

    Put it on my list - - I need an ab mat for my home :)

Thanks For Visiting!