RSS

Donkey Kong

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:

How about CrossFit's version of video games.

"Donkey Kong" Workout demo - video [wmv] [mov]


WOD
21-15-9 reps for time
Burpees (ground)
1.5/1 Pood KB Swings (halfway up)
Bleacher Jumps (top)

Scale where needed. You must touch every step both on the way up and on the way down

Post time to comments.

edit post

18 Responses to "Donkey Kong"

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. Crystal-Addi-Josh - any names yet?? I only can come up with corny/fun-ny names - like "Omaha Beefeaters" - "Omaha Slappy Dragons" - "Omaha Stone Crushers" -"Omaha Green Eliminators" - "Omaha Spew Chunks" - or in honor of the event "Omaha Patriots" although I prefer more fun or funny names like "Omaha Slappy Dragons" - - - ok so keep me posted what you guys are coming up with - - - reba
  3. Anonymous Says:
  4. Crystal-addi-josh

    Navigator Motor Coaches is going to donate $50 for us...and I am going to ask my boss today...reba
  5. Nick Says:
  6. hey, can someone explain to me what bleacher jumps are? can i do box jumps in their place? thanks
  7. Anonymous Says:
  8. 6:57

    did not break up the burpees or the swings. I did the jumps one at a time as i did not feel comfortable doing them continuously at the top of the stands. The hardest part might have been running down the stairs after the jumps. I really liked this workout and look forward to seeing more like this tihs summer.
  9. Anonymous Says:
  10. Reba-Josh-Addi, I've got a $20 donation so far. I think a silly name would be fun! Not sure what a Slappy Dragon is, but i like that one!!! I'm game for anything and am really looking forward to this.

    Oh, today's WOD time for me was 11:24. Not a great day for me. The stairs were hard, especially after the squats yesterday!!
  11. zj Says:
  12. 8:20. This was fun.
  13. Anonymous Says:
  14. Crystal - I have no clue what Omaha Slappy Dragons means, it just sounds fun ;) kind of like "Omaha Hammerheads" - - that sounds fun too.....

    I am emailing you guys - Crystal, Josh, Addi about the sponsors....reba
  15. Anonymous Says:
  16. this looks like a fun workout, can't wait to try it! we had the owner of crossfit atlanta come to our facility today to introduce crossfit to our kids and staff! We got a lot of positive feedback! I think we might do a competition here in the beginning of June! Hope all is well in Omaha, we miss you guys! good luck with the team event!!

    megan & kat
  17. Anonymous Says:
  18. 8:52 This was a great workout. Everyone at 5:30 did an awesome job!
    And Alison and I are planning a Sex and the City viewing next week.... let us know if you want to go.... Joe has already signed up- he's pumped!
  19. Anonymous Says:
  20. i am in for sex and the city. i'll bring some vodka or something. my ass got kicked by todays workout. i really need to run more or something. i finished in 14:31, thanks to lisa and libby who pushed me the whole way in 2 different ways. thanks ladies!
  21. Anonymous Says:
  22. My legs were burning like crazy!
    6:56
  23. Addi Says:
  24. Sorry I had to miss this one tonight - emergency sinus drainage situation. :)

    I emailed you (Josh, Crystal, Reba) with some fairly ridiculous team names (Super Mario Toga Party, anyone?) but I think Slappy Dragons is pretty fantastic, too.

    And count me in for the Sex and the City extravaganza. I have a love/something-less-than-love relationship with that show (mostly due the eternally creepy Mr. Big)...
  25. Courtney Says:
  26. Finished in 13:55 w/ 21 no push up burpees each round.

    I'm in for Sex and the City depeding on the day, I will be out of town the last half of the week.
  27. Anonymous Says:
  28. 12:06. I like this workout...good times. Count me in for Sex...and the city that is :)
  29. A Says:
  30. I never remember my time...8:40 something maybe? I don't remember, because I am really just enjoying the workouts so much! Felt great today. Great job to everyone in the 5:30!

    I am SOOO in for Sex and the City. In fact, I think Joe is the one spearheading the campaign. Don't let him act like he's not excited about the movie. We know the truth.
  31. Anonymous Says:
  32. Sounds like I need to do this workout on my own sometime. I am bummed I missed out - count me in for Sex and the City.....ya gotta love it! reba
  33. Anonymous Says:
  34. OHHHHHH i want to go to the sex and the city thingy!!!!! I hate atlanta with out you guys!!! Work outs aren't the same! well, i hope you all are doing awesome! i can't wait to see you at the end of AUGUST! DON"T FORGET ME!!!
    love ya
    kat
  35. Anonymous Says:
  36. 8:10, but i did box jumps instead of bleacher jumps.

Thanks For Visiting!