RSS

Lisa Balk

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
Last night's 7:30 class had the best percentage of those not doing burpees with 100%. Even though there were only two people, they both met their required amount of rounds. Tovar got 7 full rounds and Lisa Balk reached my goal for her of 5 full rounds. She let me know that during round 3 she didn't think she was going to get all 5. She was even ready to give up during the muscle-ups of the fifth round and just do the burpees but I didn't let her and she got all 5. I am proud to have this woman patrolling our streets as an officer of the law. She has come a very long way in a short amount of time. She also got her first kipping pullups on Monday. Congratulations Lisa on a job well done and keep striving for bigger and better things.


1st of a 5 part series on Midwest CrossFit Challenge Demos.
I will post Ichiro's video last as we are going to try and get it on the main site as I have never seen a video of "Isabel". The first video is of myself doing Fran. Tomorrow's video will be Joe's 30 muscle-ups for time, Friday's video will be Jeff's encounter with "Christine", and finally on Saturday I hope to have our attempt at Team Sprint "Helen". Enjoy.




WOD
Rest/Benchmark Day!

Come in and try out a benchmark or do the one we'll have planned out for you. Take the rest day if you need it. We have to take rest days or we can't improve. As athletes, you don't get better doing the workouts, you get better recovering from the workouts. You need to either follow a 3 on/1 off or a 5 on/2 off schedule or you improvement will slow down or even come to a screeching halt as your body will not be able to overcome the stresses you are putting on it. Don't wait until it's too late and an injury occurs or you get sick.

edit post

7 Responses to "Lisa Balk"

  1. kahrs Says:
  2. Congrats Lisa, it is always hard to overcome the mind. Somedays I wish I could stay for all three classes just to get to see everyone we don't see that often.
  3. A Says:
  4. Hey guys...
    If we can get a group together, Ricky will do seminar on the Zone, and how it applies to Crossfit. If interested, let me know via: afilewicz@gmail.com. We can pick a time and date that works best for everyone!
    I am super excited about this!!!
    Alison
  5. Anonymous Says:
  6. Hey!! If you are interested in getting your name on a phone list/email for crossfit please let me know. I have heard from some but not all, so send it to dostronic@hotmail.com

    Zone seminar: Anyday next week except Wednesday and Friday works for me, or if we have a rest day that would be a great time. Oh yeah I will email that to you Alison!
  7. Anonymous Says:
  8. Hey CF Omaha!!!!!!
    Thanks for being such great hosts! We had a great time and are looking forward to spending an entire weekend w/ you next year.
    Nick, "Grindy" was a challenge - 11:12 and about 10 something for Billy and Jon.
    Kylie and Danielle, you are great! Looking forward to seeing you soon! I ate Subway today...no Chick Filet..maybe next time!! ahahah
  9. BillRod Says:
  10. 10:38 for Jon, 10:46 for myself... 1 1/2 C&J, always chasing him around, except for last Saturday at the Challenge.

    some of the MN crew is talking about next years challenge already, should be interesting to watch this grow.

    Billy
  11. paul Says:
  12. those are some smokin grindy times!

    nice work on the rope climbs and wall balls today, crew. my right leg is a mess.
  13. Steve Says:
  14. that's just what i needed for a workout- good stretching, something moderately difficult but not ridiculously intense.

Thanks For Visiting!