RSS

Outside Activity

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:

It's going to be one of those days today and so without further adieu, the return of the campus run (400). I know that most of you have been waiting for the opportunity to workout outside and it will come true today. Let's see how big of a class we can get in here at both 5:30 and 6:30.

WOD
3 Rounds for time
400 Run (campus run)
21 Box Jumps (24")
21 KB Swings (1.5 pood/1 pood)

Scale where necessary, including box height in exchange for a faster cycle time if 24" slows you down too much or a smaller kettlebell as we now have a couple of 12kg (26.5lbs) kettlebells that just came in.

Post time to comments.

edit post

10 Responses to "Outside Activity"

  1. A Says:
  2. Oooh! I hate running so much! But I miss it, particularly outdoor running, and I have new running shoes, so I am looking forward to this one~
    See you all at 5:30!
  3. Anonymous Says:
  4. I want to come so bad tonight! I have class, but I will try to come at 7:30. Looks like a great one!!!
  5. Melissa B Says:
  6. i love a tuesday a** kicking, and I really love finishing very last, feels great (does sarcasm translate) Kelly was quite humbling...watch out b/c next time our team is gonna make a comeback! Great job everyone
  7. A Says:
  8. who wants me on their team next time???? Hyperventilation kicks a**. Whatever. I apologize again for my episode. The new shoes clearly did not do their job.

    Great job to everyone else...I will see you all tomorrow.
  9. paul Says:
  10. Yeah, that was brutal! Our team finished in just about 30, I think. Dave, you were a speed-demon. I couldn't keep up!
  11. kahrs Says:
  12. So I thought I was doing fairly well and then slip on the box and tear up my shin. For some reason couldn't put weight on that leg when doing wall balls so called it quits. Kind of frustrated with myself, but there is next time.
    Good job everyone.
  13. Melissa B Says:
  14. alison- I'd put you on my team any day!!!! your shoes just weren't broken in ;)
  15. Anonymous Says:
  16. one of my favorite things about xfit is the reaction when someone hurts themselves while working out. normal people would whine, bitch, get upset or expect sympathy. xfit people get hurt working out and feel that they've somehow let down the team or have embarrassed themselves.
  17. Anonymous Says:
  18. I went at 7:30 and Tovar, Kat and I did something different. I did 10 rounds of:
    4 each arm of tiny kettlebell windmills
    10 walking lunges with 20 lbs dumbbells
    10o meter row

    Then after all that we each did 500m row. Kat was fastest, but we all did it under 2 minutes. It was tough. Harder than I thought
  19. Anonymous Says:
  20. Now that I think about it I am not sure if the exercise with the kettlebell is called a windmill. I could have made that up. It was kinda like the top half of a Turkish get-up.

Thanks For Visiting!