RSS

Dumbbells

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
Everyone did really well yesterday and my hat goes off to you for working your butts off. These last couple of weeks have really been tough but you guys have responded well and are getting better because of it.

1st Annual CrossFit Omaha Games 2008
In the next day or so I will be posting a schedule of some events we will be holding here at CrossFit Omaha that pertain to competitions. We will be holding 4 events on Saturday mornings during the 10am classes with tentative dates being March 29th and April 5th, 12th, and 19th. These four events will be set up in a fashion so as to mimic the CrossFit games. You are not required to sign up for these events but they are rather for those of you who want to see where they are in terms of total Fitness. The events will include the CrossFit Total, a 5K run, a hopper style WOD, and a benchmark. Scores will be given and winners named for each event and tallied up for an overall winner as well. There will be male and female categories with a novice and elite division for both categories. You don't have to be a CrossFit member to get in on the fun but there will be a fee or those that aren't members. I am hoping to get you excited about competing since most of us aren't playing in organized sports. I want this to be your sport and I want you feel like what you are doing is worthwile not only in terms of fitness but towards reaching goals. There will be prizes given out for division winners, overall winners, and most improved CrossFit Omaha athlete for each event. You have two and a half weeks to prepare for the first event so start getting ready. As I mentioned above, I will have more information to post to this site as well as some handouts describing specific dates and information. If the days are nice we will cookout each Saturday following the event either at the school or at my house, we'll see. Get Some!

WOD
DB Hang Power Snatch
2ea-2ea-2ea-2ea-2ea-2ea-2ea reps

Finish w/
1 x 500 meter row

Your goal is to try and db snatch the highest load possible in 7 attempts. Once finished each of you that comes in will get a chance to try and muster the fastest 500 meter row possible for one try.

Post thoughts about CrossFit Omaha games as well as snatch weight and 500 meter row time to comments.

edit post

13 Responses to "Dumbbells"

  1. paul Says:
  2. This looks awesome! I might have to miss one of those dates, but this sounds like a ridiculous amount of fun. crossfit followed by bbq: not sure it gets much better than that!
  3. Anonymous Says:
  4. I got up to 45lbs on the snatch. And I rowed 10 seconds faster than last night with 1:47.
  5. Anonymous Says:
  6. 60 lbs and 1:43.
  7. Anonymous Says:
  8. 70# and 1:35. I only got one rep with my left hand and failed about 3 times trying to get the second. Not surprised since my left shouler has been bothering me.
  9. Nick Says:
  10. got up to 85 lbs. on snatch and 1:23 on the 500 meter row.
  11. kahrs Says:
  12. Got up to 85 lbs. on the snatch might have been able to push to 90 not sure. 1:34 on the 500 row I believe.

    I can't wait for Crossfit Omaha Games should be fun, although we will miss one of the.
  13. paul Says:
  14. Got up to 75# on the DB hang power snatch. failed on both arms with the 80. close with the right hand, though. for some reason, i was catching with a bent arm.

    got a 1:33 500m row.

    good work everyone--especially on the rowing. lots of intensity!
  15. Courtney Says:
  16. 6:30 group did cleans. I got up to 30# for the 7th and 8th round, and 2:02 for the row.
  17. Anonymous Says:
  18. I made some big jumps in weight today and took some chances at the end. I made it to 80# on round 5, then missed 95# on round 6, and finally missed on 90# in round 7.

    1:43 was my time on the 500m. I really slowed down a lot on my last 200m, but I learned a lot about technique today.
  19. Anonymous Says:
  20. 55# on Dumbell Power Clean
    1:36 on 500m row

    Attempted 60#, but couldn't do it without banging my shoulders. Speaking of which, when my wife saw me this morning...she asked if Crossfit was code for Fightclub cause of the bruises. :)
  21. Anonymous Says:
  22. CRILEY
    80 on DB Snatch
    1:28 on 500 Meter Row
    Shoulder surgeries on left side make it difficult on snatch
  23. Anonymous Says:
  24. I TWO REP MAXED AT 70LBS ON THE HANGING DUMBELL SNATCH AND THEN FROM THE FLOOR I WAS ABLE TO TWO REP MAX AT 85LBS.

    1:40 ON THE 500 METER ROW
    WOW, SOME OF YOU GUYS TORE IT UP ON THE ROW! I WISH I HAD LONGER LEGS.
  25. Addi Says:
  26. On the hanging dumbbell clean, I got up to 40s, but it wasn't pretty. I tried 5 or 6 times, but probably only got 1 good clean in.

    1:52 on the row.

Thanks For Visiting!