RSS

FGB

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
Last night's WOD
Awesome squats last night. You guys were really squatting with some intensity and cheering going on. Everyone did really well and pushed some heavy weights for a lot of reps. If you didn't already know, sets of 5 are just what the doctor ordered when trying to improve that elusive middle ground. Get stronger with 5 reps and 10-20 reps of squatting during WOD's doesn't seem all that crazy. Keep it up. If you already haven't done so, download the free percentage chart and check to see what theoretically your new 1RM is. Slide your finger down the grey column and find what you squatted tonight and then slide it over to the corresponding number in orange to see what presumably is your 1 rep maximum.

Cancellation
I am sorry to inform you but our 7:30 class has been canceled for the night. Joe and I have some important business to tend to and this day of this week is the only chance we will get. Thank you for understanding and sorry for any inconvenience this causes. 7:30 class will resume on Thursday.

Midwest CrossFit Challenge (Omaha Games)
If you don't already know we are having our version of the CrossFit games with the inclusion of 4 different events. These events will test true fitness as the events include a 1RM of 3 lifts, a 4k run, a CrossFit benchmark WOD, and a blind, unknown "Hopper" style WOD. We would like for all of you to join in on the fun if possible as well as tell those that you think may be interested in such an event or at least to come cheer you on. Right now we have some places such as Hy-Vee, Whole Foods, and the Juice Stop that are willing to donate some food, gift certificates, and the like to this awesome event we are holding. If you know of anyone that would love to help out by donating or sponsoring this event please have them contact us by phone or email. We want this to be an annual event and therefore we need your help in making it a great success. For more information follow the links to the right under the heading Midwest CrossFit Challenge. These links are to 1) the website we created for this event and 2) a flier you can print off and hand out to anyone and everyone. www.midwestcrossfitchallenge.blogspot.com

You didn't think this was going to show up on the main site and we weren't going to give it a go did you? You better eat well tomorrow and come ready to give this workout hell. Watch the video and learn from it. When intensity is high, form breakdown is inevitable. If you drive to fast you will crash, if you type to fast you will hit the wrong keys but to think that you will develop intensity without crashing or hitting the wrong keys, it's not going to happen. - Coach Glassman. Practice great technique but when you hear the words 3-2-1-Go, go hard and fast and let Joe and I tell you when the form is too bad.

Fight Gone Bad demo - video [wmv] [mov]

WOD
"Fight Gone Bad!"

Three rounds of:
Wall-ball, 20 pound ball, 10 ft target (Reps)
Sumo deadlift high-pull, 75 pounds (Reps)
Box Jump, 20" box (Reps)
Push-press, 75 pounds (Reps)
1 Pood/25lb KB Swings (reps)

In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute.The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. On the call of "rotate", the athletes must move to the next station immediately for the best score. One point is given for each rep. Since we don't have enough rowers the row will be replaced with light kb swings, 1 pood for the guys and 25lb db. for the girls.

Add your points and post them to comments.


edit post

13 Responses to "FGB"

  1. paul Says:
  2. i can't believe i have to miss this one! my job is really starting to get in the way of my fitness. i may have to cut it out of my diet.

    off to a conference, but i'll see you guys monday. enjoy FGB--I'll be thinking of you. i'm going to find a gym and do some crazy stuff while i'm gone. possibly 100 burpees for time.
  3. Anonymous Says:
  4. 237 (85, 78, 74). that was incredibly difficult for me (wall balls!)...and yet...i loved it...crazy.

    dear paul,
    career or crossfit? get your priorities straight... :)
  5. kahrs Says:
  6. 265 (100,90,75) SDHP killed me, I just had no gas left in the last round.
  7. Nick Says:
  8. 348 (120, 115, 113). wall balls and box jumps were really consistent, SDHPs and push presses were tough, and rowing got better each round. this one was awesome!
  9. Melissa B Says:
  10. great job you guys...wish I could have been there :)
  11. Anonymous Says:
  12. Oh. My. God.
    This was so bad it was awesome! I thought I was going to die. I think I was around 248. I definitely saw a lot of CrossFit death rolls after this one. Great job everyone!
  13. paul Says:
  14. AWESOME! someone make me do this when i get back.
  15. A Says:
  16. 288. Not bad, I guess. REALLY loved this workout. Have I mentioned that I hate wall balls? Also hate SDHP. And push press. Ah yes, but where there's hatred, there's weakness, and therefore, room for vast improvement. Anyhow, loved the workout, loved the intensity of everyone! Great job!

    Paul: I expect you to get your priorities straight here. Come on. :-)
  17. Anonymous Says:
  18. Did 352. The wall balls and push press, and row really helped my score while box jumps and sumo dead lift killed in the last round.
    136, 115, 101
    CRILEY
  19. Anonymous Says:
  20. 290 something (103,95,9?). Reading this WOD in the morning, made me nervous for it all day. It was a lot of fun and I look forward to doing it again. I really like the Sumo Deadlift.
  21. Courtney Says:
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.
  23. Courtney Says:
  24. 171 I think. I know I can do a lot better then that. Hopefully next time I won't be sick and will feel a little better during the workout. Even so, it was still so much fun!
  25. Anonymous Says:
  26. 198-I would have liked to get more, but I was consistent 65-68-65, so I think thats good. I felt great (as in a good work out) after.

Thanks For Visiting!