RSS

CrossFit Women

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
CrossFit Women: Why Not Roar?I’m a woman and I’m confused: I love CrossFit even though, according to the dominant theories on women and competition, I should not. CrossFit, with its quasi-military culture, posting of standings, and inherent performance-oriented hierarchy should make me want to run screaming in the other direction toward some scrapbooking club or, at least, a nail salon. (Lucky for me, I don’t like either place. In fact, I’d rather have my nails pulled out than endure another vacuous conversation centering on hair or nails or whether somebody’s butt looks big in a pair of jeans.) CrossFit is a competitive beast. We grunt, lift heavy weights, talk about “snatches” and, when someone fails to meet our standards, we call them the pejorative term for a kitty. I’m not certain this is what our grandmothers would call “normal” behavior for women.
To finish reading click here:


CrossFit Women: You Are Beautiful:
If I were feeling a little more lawless, I’d gather all the copies of Cosmo and Seventeen, douse them in kerosene, and strike a match. I’d throw in reams of print ads from Calvin Klein and watch with delight as Kate Moss’ stick-thin image was reduced to carbon. I’d add copies of Shape and Runner’s World until the flames reached toward the heavens, and then I’d crank call the editorial desk at Muscle and Fitness until they stopped publishing pictures of women on steroids.
To finish reading click here:

FRIENDS AND FAMILY SATURDAYS:
IF YOU HAVE ANY FRIENDS AND/OR FAMILY THAT WOULD LOVE TO TRY OUT CROSSFIT OMAHA PLEASE INVITE THEM TO COME AND SEE HOW MUCH FUN THEY ARE MISSING OUT ON. WE LOVE NEW FRIENDS.

WOD
REST DAY!!!!

edit post

4 Responses to "CrossFit Women"

  1. paul Says:
  2. Crossfit women rule!
  3. Anonymous Says:
  4. yes, we do!
  5. Anonymous Says:
  6. 3 rounds for time:
    400 meter run
    21 burpees
    100ft bear crawl

    11:48
  7. Melissa B Says:
  8. thanx Paul :)...I've found another hidden talent...bear crawls...i may look funny they got the job done :)

Thanks For Visiting!