RSS

CrossFit News

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:

Fatigued in 15
By Tina Firesheets
Staff Writer
Monday, Mar. 17, 2008 8:43 am

MEBANE — Who needs an hour of boot camp? Muscle fatigue can be achieved in just 15 minutes with a workout called CrossFit.

I work out regularly, but I was intimidated by CrossFit before I even went to the class. It's a strength and conditioning program that's available in gyms around the country. The premise is that you perform at a high level of intensity for shorter periods of time.

It's a good program for high-performance athletes, police officers and firefighters. A lot of the exercises are similar to ones performed in military and sports boot camps. Squats, jumps, pull-ups, sit-ups, dead lifts and running.

To finish reading click here…



WOD
As many rounds in 20 minutes of:
6 Thrusters (115#/85#)
9 Box Jumps (30")
12 KB Swings (1.5 pood/1 pood)

The purpose of this workout is to go heavy on the thrusters. If you are not able to use the weight that is prescribed you have the option of using the following weights:
Gents:
95# or 105#
Ladies:
65# or 75#
I recommend you going heavier than what you usually would do, as the reps are low, and deal with completing less rounds if that is the case. I hope everyone is looking forward to this one.

edit post

12 Responses to "CrossFit News"

  1. zj Says:
  2. 6 rounds and 6 thrusters at 115lbs. I pity the fools who compete with us at our Challenge. Seriously you guys are fierce.
  3. Melissa B Says:
  4. this WOD totally kicked my a**...did it unscaled but barely survived...I thought I was going to throw up or pass out by set 3 and only made it 6 rounds..great job everyone
  5. paul Says:
  6. Amazing work, everyone! Angela--10 rounds?! That is CRAZY!

    I got 7 rounds and change (6 thrusters, 7 box jumps). 115# thrusters and 2 pood KB. Ouch. One of the toughest I can remember. Worse than filthy fifty by a long shot.
  7. Anonymous Says:
  8. 9 rounds + 4 thrusters
    85# thrusters & 1 pood KB
    It felt good to get nervous and then work it out! Thanks Joe for the attention on the KB swings.
  9. Anonymous Says:
  10. 6 rounds w/6 kettle bell swings short of 7. I used 65lbs for thrusters. I think i finally got thrusters down. They are tough!
  11. Nick Says:
  12. that was crazy! I am walking like an old man. My back really tightened up on me. anyways, i got 7 rounds and change also (6 thrusters and 2 box jumps). did 135 on thrusters and 2 pood KB swings. Great job everyone, esp. CRiley you beast!
  13. Anonymous Says:
  14. wow! that looked like it sucked! way to go on the ridiculously heavy thrusters! i did 20 minutes of:
    10-30in box jumps
    10- 40 lb kettleball swings
    20- med ball slams
    4- pull-ups

    it was too bad that i had to work for this one:( i did, however, come home with extra prime rib meals, chicken, potatoes, and cheesecake; so i guess it wasn't that bad.
  15. Anonymous Says:
  16. TOUGH $HIT!!!!!

    WOD W/135LB THRUSTERS & 30 INCH BOX JUMPS

    FINISHED 7 ROUNDS + THRUSTERS & 2 BOX JUMPS
  17. Anonymous Says:
  18. This was so hard! I made it through 7 rounds plus 4 thrusters.you all did great! Angie, you are amazing! See you all on Friday!!
  19. Anonymous Says:
  20. 8 rounds total. First 4 rounds with 105# and last 4 rounds with 95# thrusters. I feel like my right shoulder is at about 50-60% which really makes thrusters difficult. I used a 30'' box and 1.5 pood kettlebell. Good work to everyone today and hope to see you all tomorrow.
  21. Anonymous Says:
  22. CRiley
    135 thrusters and 2 pood KB finished 8rds.
    The comments posted are very flattering, especially considering the crossfitters they came from. Just want to take a second and thank Ricky and Joe for all you guys do. I have made improvements on my numbers which is really nice but what i really appreciate is the way my body feels. The joint and bone soreness has been replaced by muscle soreness (which is whole hell of a lot better)the foundation for total body fitness has been laid and I have crossfit and ricky & joe to thank for that!
  23. kahrs Says:
  24. 7 Rounds +2 Thrusters
    The hardest part for me was respritory, I would do each round with no breaks then have to take a longer break between stations. I enjoyed the effort output, felt really good.

Thanks For Visiting!