RSS

Strong in the Middle

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
Here is a great article written by Jon Gilson of Again Faster Sports. His website is dedicated to selling equipment as well as making available information relevant to those serious about their fitness. Check it out.

Building the Middle

by Jon Gilson

The relationship between rep scheme, load, and the resulting physical adaptation is well documented. At one end of the continuum, we find high repetitions performed with low to moderate loads. This training style produces increased muscle cross-section (hypertrophy) with little concurrent increase in strength. At the opposite end, we find very low repetitions performed with maximal loads, producing little change in muscle cross-section with tremendous concurrent gains in motor recruitment (innervation). Between these two extremes, we find combinations of volume and load that produce a blending of our two desired attributes, hypertrophy and innervation.

to finish reading click here...


Post your thoughts/questions to comments and/or to the appropriate subject heading in the forum.

WOD
REST DAY!

If you missed Sunday, do come in. We'll have something ready.

edit post

7 Responses to "Strong in the Middle"

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. Hey Ricky,
    How about posting a few options for tonights rest day workout. I like having an idea of just what sort of hell i am going to experience before i get there!!! I took the weekend off and am ready to hit it hard.
  3. Ricky Frausto Says:
  4. I believe we are going to do "Randy". We will do some skill work on Power Snatch (pull from the ground and catch high) and then proceed to do the workout which is:

    "Randy"
    75 reps Power Snatch (prescribed is 75lbs but any weight will do)

    It'll be fun.
  5. Addi Says:
  6. Not going to make it in tonight..

    Going to practice handstands... I'm a little obsessed right now.
  7. Anonymous Says:
  8. I am pretty sure my time was 12:15

    It was hard to hear Ricky as I was trying very hard not to fall over.
  9. Unknown Says:
  10. I think I finished in a little over 12 minutes. I used light weights, because I'm still trying to nail the technique of these things. I feel like I get a little more confident every time. See you all tomorrow!
  11. Anonymous Says:
  12. I did the same as Kylie and used pretty light weight and mostly concentrated on form. I feel like I look a little less retarded every time we do the O lifts- which is great!
    Can't make it tomorrow, but Wednesday I'll be ready for anything!
  13. paul Says:
  14. I thought this was an interesting article. Last week I threw in some work in about the 80% range after the WOD, because I had felt weaker in that dept, mainly in the chest department. I'm going to try to keep doing that--just throw in a few fairly heavy 5-rep sets of more or less whatever we did (except on max effort days).

    see you all tomorrow.

Thanks For Visiting!