RSS

Overhead

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:

Nice job to those who came in yesterday. The workouts were all quick and intense and hopefully gave you a chance to recover a little from the past week's work. We slow it down again and try for some more pr's. Like the squat, if there is any day that I would recommend you guys coming in, it's on force production days (adding to that, crazy midsection stability and joint mobility days).

Also a congratulations to Nick on finishing his first Fran (4:22). I see a significant sub-4 in your immediate future, keep up the sick work.

WOD
Overhead Squat 5-4-3-2-2-1-1-1-1-1 reps

edit post

9 Responses to "Overhead"

  1. paul Says:
  2. I'm really gonna miss doing these--I need work on OH squate. Next time I come in on a rest day, this is the WOD I'll do.
  3. Addi Says:
  4. You know I love a strength day, but my back is not happy with something I did this week... I don't know if it was faulty oh-susies or just normal muscle soreness from back squats, but my body doth protest today. So I'm staying home with my yoga podcasts trying to heal up for tomorrow.
  5. Melissa B Says:
  6. Hope your back feels better Addi....I overhead squated 103 (i think...girl bar, yellows, 2.5's)...my goal was >100 so that was sweet...I tried 108 and literally fell flat on my a**!
  7. kahrs Says:
  8. I hit 154 which is a PR, last time it was 134. I probably could have gotten 159, but went for 164 and just didn't have it in me.
    Melissa it was a very graceful fall though. Zach you put up some weight, you are close to reds and greens next time.
  9. Courtney Says:
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.
  11. Courtney Says:
  12. Did front squats tonight. Warmed up with some lower rep sets and finished up with 5 sets of 5 at 93#. Great job tonight everybody.
  13. zj Says:
  14. 174
  15. Anonymous Says:
  16. 2RM at 184. Tried twice at 198 but couldn't get it.
  17. Anonymous Says:
  18. 174

Thanks For Visiting!