RSS

Aces High

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:

Great job to those who came in yesterday and OH squatted. You all did a great job and I think we all pr'd. Make sure you post your weight to the comments section of that day's workout. Now onto today's workout. As you can see it will involve a deck of cards. Be afraid very afraid.

WOD
"Aces High"
Hearts = Burpees
Spades = Thrusters (65#/45#)
Diamonds = DB Power Cleans (35#/22.5#)
Clubs = Walking Lunges (same as cleans)

The ever elusive "Joker" = A combination of all four movements, otherwise known as a "man-maker"

So here's how it goes, first off don't be a chicken and come and get you some, secondly, each card represents it's face value meaning 2 = 2 reps, 5 = 5 reps, face cards = 10 reps, and Aces are high. If a joker is pulled you have man-makers but the reps will be determined by the value of the next card following the pull of the joker, so if the joker is pulled and the next card in the deck is a 5 you have 5 man-makers. This is going to be one hell of a workout so don't miss it.

edit post

8 Responses to "Aces High"

  1. Unknown Says:
  2. wow! this looks like a fun one. i'll be there bright and early. great job everyone on the overhead squats.
  3. Melissa B Says:
  4. So we did 5 rounds and it was a little bit of torture but I loved it!!!
  5. kahrs Says:
  6. I am just glad we didn't have to do the whole deck, that literally would have taken till noon. Good job everyone.
  7. Anonymous Says:
  8. Would have loved to be there today but I needed a rest day. See everyone on Monday.
  9. paul Says:
  10. this WOD looks AWESOME! such a good idea! i definitely needed another rest day. my shoulders really took a beating this week. i'll do something on my own tomorrow.
  11. Unknown Says:
  12. hey, just so everyone knows, the above link(ivan) can give your computer a virus, so don't click it. and...lunch was good today, great idea, i love bbq!
  13. Anonymous Says:
  14. I absolutely loved this WOD! It kicked my ass, but it was great. Awesome job to everyone who came in. You all pushed really hard!
    Lunch was fun- I love BBQ too. See ya if you come to the hockey game tonight.
  15. Addi Says:
  16. I'll never be able to play cards again... This was the hardest thing we've done in a long time. I'm not looking forward to the leg pain tomorrow. :) I was able to work in full pushups for almost half of my burpees, though, and that was fun!

Thanks For Visiting!