RSS

Sprintin'

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
Hope everyone had a wonderful Saturday off. It was good to see those that came in yesterday. Here is your workout for the day, find somewhere to do it whether it's at your house or a big box gym. Push hard and have a lot of fun.

Here is an article written by Jon Gilson of Again Faster. It covers the notion of mechanical perfection vs. relative intensity. There are CrossFitters out there that are only concerned with how fast they can finish the workout (instant gratification) but at the same time there are als0 CrossFitters that think you can't workout with high intensity without form breaking down (usually novice), that they don't co-exist. Read the article and post your thoughts to comments.

The Non-Negotiability of Perfection, Jon Gilson-Again Faster.com

WOD
10 Rounds for time:
7 Burpees
100 meter sprint

Fast and Furious. Try not to break up any of the burpees (a broken set is any considerable pause at the top or bottom of the burpee). Post time and during what rounds you broke up any of the burpees (post the word "unbroken" next to your time if you didn't)

edit post

1 Response to "Sprintin'"

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. The article sounds like everything that you guys have been teaching me since I began CrossFit. Full of good points that I always try to accomplish during the workouts. I know that I don't have the greatest form and that form quicky diminishes as I get tired. I think one of my worst habits is that I worry too much about form over intensity (at my level I could almost care less about how fast I finish), and all too often I'll take longer breaks in between sets in order to maintain at least some semblance of form. I've yet to find a happy medium. The question I'm left with after reading the article is: Based on everyone's experience, how long does it take before the good forms becomes second nature allowing more strategic timing of the workouts? Or does it ever?

Thanks For Visiting!