RSS

Distance vs. Sprinting

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
Small muscle fibers (left) vs. big muscle fibers (right).

This is why you guys do what you do. Who would you rather look like? Think of it more from this perspective. Which person do you think burns more calories just being alive? I can tell you one thing, the person on the left has a resting heart rate that most would think as super fit (very low) but the exact opposite is actually true. The person on the left does most of his calorie burning during his long a** run and at no other time. On the other hand the guy on the right burns fat during his sleep. Keep it short and as intense as you can handle. There is no better way!

I know we kind of threw Fran on you guys it being a rest day but thanks for being such good sports. You all did wonderful and should be proud but not satisfied. This is the one workout you should strive to master. It's simplicity and intensity is what makes it THE benchmark of all benchmarks. Guys and gals should first shoot for doing it unscaled and then your ultimate goal is to get it under 5 minutes unscaled. Under 4 minutes is elite. Finish it sub 3 and you are considered a firebreather. I'll keep the times recorded as I want you to keep them logged for a later date with Fran. See you tonight!

WOD
10 x 100 meter sprints

Complete recovery between each attempt. Post best and worst times to comments

edit post

12 Responses to "Distance vs. Sprinting"

  1. Melissa B Says:
  2. fastest 15.4....slowest 16.4

    and what did we learn from today...2 things
    1. I have no future as a sprinter (just in case you didn't know that before)
    2. chocolate cupcakes before Crossfit are the worst idea ever!!!!

    Great Job everyone
  3. paul Says:
  4. Best time: round 6, 13.5. Worst time: round 3, 15.2.

    You guys rock! Good intensity today!
  5. Ricky Frausto Says:
  6. This workout made me sick to my stomach. I only got through five sprints before I had to warm up the 7:30 class.

    Fastest was 12.9
    Slowest was 13.3

    You guys did great tonight. We'll have to spend some more time on sprinting technique.
  7. Anonymous Says:
  8. 16.1 fastest, 19.3 slowest

    After #4 i almost had something come back up!! Great job to everyone.

    See ya all tomorrow.
  9. Anonymous Says:
  10. Tons of fun tonight guys! I need a lot of work on my sprinting though.

    Slowest: 16.1 (Round 4)
    Fastest: 14.4 (Round 6)

    I've never considered myself a competitive person, but I don't think It's a coincidence that my fastest time was also the first round where we ran with a partner. A friendly race never hurt anyone, right?
  11. Anonymous Says:
  12. Fastest was 13.2 (Round 1)
    Slowest was 14.6 (Round 4 and 8)

    Yet another workout that didn't look so bad while sitting at work and then...

    I look forward to getting in one more workout before heading to Cancun!
  13. A Says:
  14. It would appear that I have some sort of defect, in that my brain says "Go fast," and my legs and feet choose to ignore the command. :-)
    Wow. Yet another humbling day. I never thought I was particularly fast, but I thought I was better than my times.

    16.3 was my fastest (round 1)
    17.2 was the slowest (round 5, I think).

    Great work, everyone!
  15. Anonymous Says:
  16. This one was interesting my knee was holding me back but worked itself out, then I strained a hamstring.
    15.3 fastest
    16.8 slowest
  17. Anonymous Says:
  18. faster was 16.5 and the slowest was 17.8. i was pretty consistent, but would like to see those times improve quite a bit. see you all tonight!
  19. Anonymous Says:
  20. faster was 16.5 and the slowest was 17.8. i was pretty consistent, but would like to see those times improve quite a bit. see you all tonight!
  21. Anonymous Says:
  22. fastest- 15.0 running against someone. slowest- 15.8. at least i'm consistent.
  23. Anonymous Says:
  24. I honestly felt really sick on my way home...this was a tough one

    fastest #1 12.9
    slowest #8 14.0

Thanks For Visiting!