RSS

All in a day's work

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
CrossFit Mecca (Santa Cruz) during a typical day. They have classes as we have classes but there is also lots of personal training going on. How many different WOD's can you see going on in the picture above?

WOD
5 Rounds for time
15 Kettlebell Swings (2 pood/1.5 pood)
30 Double Unders

We are only going to require you to bring the bell to eye level in hopes getting you to use a heavier weight. Those that need work on double unders will get some tonight. Great work on split jerks as I think pretty much everyone PR'd.

edit post

10 Responses to "All in a day's work"

  1. Unknown Says:
  2. wow, santa cruz has too many people in too small of an area! it makes me realize, once again, how wonderful our gym is... plenty of room for everyone!
  3. Anonymous Says:
  4. I am going to do double unders tonight.... you too Paul.
  5. A Says:
  6. My goal is quick DUs and NO BREAKS in swings!!! I don't care about time, but about torso placement on the swing. Okay. I care about time, but what's new...
  7. paul Says:
  8. ok, angela, i'll come in and work on DUs. but i'm too sore to do the WOD.
  9. paul Says:
  10. scratch that. actually, i'm too tired to even do that.
  11. Unknown Says:
  12. good workout, everyone! 12:27. i'm getting better at double-unders every time! i'm not dominating them yet, but at least they're not dominating me:)
  13. Anonymous Says:
  14. 16:20, double unders still are not my friend.
  15. Anonymous Says:
  16. Great job tonight. Double unders are my worst nightmare!! I had to revert to just plain old singles and work and getting better at that first. Nothing like taking baby steps!!!
  17. A Says:
  18. I liked this one. Since trying to eat better, I felt really strong today. I believe my time was 6:30-ish. Right after Nick finished, which is saying something! :-) Double unders have never gone so well. It's amazing what a little food will do for a person. We shall see if it continues. My goal (one of many) is to get BW overhead squats. And muscle-ups. And full-on handstand pushups. And weighted pullups...
  19. Anonymous Says:
  20. I finished in 17:50 I think. The DU's really kicked my butt. I started out with the #80 KB, but after the second set I dropped down to #70 (I didn't want to break up the swings)I actually got a little better at the DU's in my last round, but they still aren't even close to where I want them to be. This was a great workout.

    as a bonus, I climbed the rope once after the WOD. I got to the top, but I still have to work on the fear of heights thing.

    See you guys! you all looked awesome today!!

Thanks For Visiting!