RSS

Monday 080811

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:

WOD

For time:
35 Pull-ups
20" Box Jumps, 20 reps
250 meter row

25 Pull-ups
20" Box Jumps, 20 reps
500 meter row

15 Pull-ups
20" Box Jumps, 20 reps
750 meter row

Our pull-up standard in the new gym will remain chin above bar with the understanding that anyone that completes any workout, with pull-ups involved, chest to bar will be listed as finishing first, so long as every other movement is prescribed, regardless of time unless the workout is not completed in the time limit. Time limit for this workout is set at 30 minutes.

Post time to comments.


















Only missing a sign!
_____________________________________

Just a couple of reminders to everyone that plans on coming in for today's inaugural workout. Please park all vehicles behind the building, utilize the side garage bays for entering the workout area (as the front office is yet to be completed), and at this moment there is a single bathroom available with no shower facilities. The showers should be completed within the next few weeks. Sorry for any inconvenience.


edit post

24 Responses to "Monday 080811"

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. WOW! Looks awesome - Congrats on pursuing and accomplishing an amazing goal - Not enough people have the guts, or the drive, to make ideas/dreams into reality. KUDOS to you guys (and furthermore, we all get to reap the benefits!!)

    ALSO, a belated Congrats to Lindsey...WAY TO GO!!!
  3. Anonymous Says:
  4. the gym looks great, guys. sorry we were unable to be there all weekend helping. i was happy to be there to pop her cherry!

    13:16 (SCALED)
    way scaled. 15-10-5 pullups instead of 35-25-15. i wanted to throwup a couple times. SO excited to be zoning again. egh, unhealthy weekends = shitty monday morning workouts. great job this am guys!
  5. Anonymous Says:
  6. and happy belated bday to mr. audi. hope you had a great day!
  7. Jen Says:
  8. WOD 21:00 Super Rx'd
    In order for me to complete the pull-ups to Chest, it took me several 1 and 2 rep sets. My hands are completely shredded.
  9. paul Says:
  10. Aw, thanks Hannah. I missed a train by 30 seconds and spent much of my birthday hung over in penn station. But when I got home I worked out and ate chicken and cake, so it all evens out.

    I can't wait to work out in the new place. I especially can't wait to do CTB pullups on that nasty rack.
  11. Anonymous Says:
  12. The gym looks awesome!
    16:11(scaled) 15,10,5 pullups, box jumps really slowed me down, I need to work on those.
  13. JonD Says:
  14. Great first WOD for the new gym. 6am again broke in the new gym the best way we knew how. Great job everyone and I am impressed on how many people we got on the cage. Have fun the rest of the day everyone.
  15. Donohoe Says:
  16. I am very impressed with the new shop. That space and our great coaches will allow a lot of people to reach their own individual goals. I also was excitied to get to break it in with a group of fire breathing competitors. Everyone did a great job this morning.
    I had to scale work out jumping pull ups but I did all the prescribed reps. The thing is with crossfit there is always something to work on and improve and thats why I like it so much.
    Paul its your birthday I think I hope you enjoyed it.
    Have a great day everyone....
  17. Anonymous Says:
  18. Well I am really disapointed that I am not able to break in the new gym with everyone, but I will back in the swing of things soon enough. I guess in the mean time I will just have to live vicariously through all of you guys, lol.
    Anyway, it looks awesome. Congratulations Joe and Ricky!
  19. Anonymous Says:
  20. Great first workout!! I did a "super scaled" version with 20-15-10 pull-ups and the rest Rx'd.
    By the way... I hate rowing!!
  21. Julie Says:
  22. The new space is perfect. I love the garage doors. Rocco was glad he was able to tag along. I'm not sure what time I had for my scaled workout. It was definitely a challenge but I'm anxious to improve.
  23. Anonymous Says:
  24. It was great workn out n the new place! I scaled and did 15 10 & 5. As to not tear my hands :). Finished in 14:50. I also hate rown!
  25. BC Says:
  26. 15:29 with the pu's scaled to 20,15,10. That was the first extended workout I've done using all kipping pu's so progress is being made...slow, painful progress. Great job by everyone at 5:30.
  27. A Says:
  28. LOVE THE SPACE! What a great gym!
    I don't know what my time was...14 something I think?
    25-15-10 kipping. I am choosing to count neck to bar as a step above regular, but not quite super rx'd. :-)
    Awesome work from the 5:30 class! Today just reinforced how grateful I am to be a part of Crossfit Omaha! Thanks so much, Joe and Ricky!
  29. Anonymous Says:
  30. My sanity is back!! I missed that "going to puke, pass out, and push through" feeling so much and it wasn't even that long! Good to see everyone sweating again :)

    Crystal - awesome!! Most pregnant women I know would have fallen and quit, but not you - you pushed hard all the way to the end :)

    16:17 Did a very modifed pullup - did the incline pullups 25-20-and then did 15 kipping just to see how it went. My back is still sore, but I gave it a stern pep talk and we made it through :)

    Is it possible for the mind to become addicted to something? I know the body physically can, but mentally I was totally out of focus last week at work and everything else? Ricky/Joe any articles out there on CF and mental stimulus??
  31. Greg MO Says:
  32. gym looks sweet!

    12:17 super rxd
  33. kahrs Says:
  34. Great to finally work out at the new place. Did a variation of the work out, 2pood swings to eye height same reps. Finished 15:10.

    Everyone did great at 6:30.
  35. Cari Says:
  36. The new gym is great!
    Scaled to jumping pullups: 20, 15, 10
    18:20
  37. Steve Says:
  38. Nice gym... it's a place (with the people) that I'm proud to be part of. I did the rx'd- was really happy with the effort I put in. Great job to everyone at 5:30- I haven't seen that many people on monkey bars at one time since 2nd grade recess.
  39. Addi Says:
  40. 16:05? I think??
    20-15-10 kipping pullups...
    This wasn't as bad as I thought I was going to be, but it still kicked my ass. My rowing was way off... spent most of the time in the low 20s. NOT happy with that, but I'm looking forward to rowing more often. One more thing I need to get better than Josh at. :)
  41. Addi Says:
  42. P.S. Helpful hint for box jumps in the new place: Before jumping, make sure you are not directly under rings. It sounded like I had a metal plate in my head. Ouch.
  43. Anonymous Says:
  44. 16:37 Rx'd. I tried to do pull-ups with chest to bar but I only made it through the first 5 before I switched to chin above bar. Really tough workout, especially since I hate rowing, probably because I am so bad at it. But I forsee a lot of rowing in the near future so perhaps I will get better at it with more practice.

    Great work everyone at 5:30, especially Steve. I had to push extra hard just to keep up with him!
  45. Anonymous Says:
  46. Rx'd 18 something
    The new place kicks ass I could see the run to enterprise getting very old very quick

    DJ
  47. Anonymous Says:
  48. Great job 6:30 and thanks for all the encouragement. This one was tough. Finished 19:53 and scaled kipping pull-ups 20,15,10. Row wasn't to bad. Did have to stop twice on the 750m, but finished.

    Thanks, Reba!! At least my a** doesn't hurt today!!

Thanks For Visiting!