RSS

Wednesday 080716

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:

WOD

Rest Day















Pic of the new gym. It's not even done and already it's more elite than any other gym in town.
____________________________________

Why Heels?...[wmv][mov]
Air Squat Demo w/explanations...[wmv][mov]

The air squat is the basis of all functional movement. Those that cannot perform even the slightest squat are destined to a life of immobility and long-term healthcare. Learn how to squat and maintain independence. Even those that can squat need to become a student of the movement and learn as much as possible about it. The main areas of concern are tracking the knees over the toes, keeping the weight distributed evenly over the entire foot (not allowing your weight to be over the balls of the foot, especially at the bottom of the squat), maintaining a solid curve in the lumbar spine (especially at the bottom), and maintaining an upright torso while also keeping the heels glued to the ground. Learn how to squat correctly, to the point of being able to teach it, and notice the improvement in other exercises.


edit post

10 Responses to "Wednesday 080716"

  1. paul Says:
  2. since i am not resting today, maybe i should to "el pollo loco" 200 reps for time?
  3. A Says:
  4. Paul, I'm a little scared...
  5. paul Says:
  6. 5 rds:

    12 walking lunges (30# DBs)
    18 jumping med ball cleans (20# med ball).

    I had to jump before and after the catch on the cleans.

    This was REALLY hard. my glutes and hammies were already burning by the end of round 1. 13:00.
  7. JimmyG Says:
  8. My lazy bones made it to 6am today!

    Did some skill work on Overhead Squats (5 rounds of 5 reps at #110) then moved on to some back extensions on the GHD. Good fun, Good people, Good times!

    p.s. I'm pretty sure I'll be hobbling around all day tomorrow after the 800s yesterday.
  9. Jen Says:
  10. Well we didn't do the C2 Tabata as planned. We decided to stick with the group and do the Overhead Squats, because frankly...I need to improve the technique.

    5 sets of 98#
    50 back extensions
  11. Anonymous Says:
  12. We worked on OH Squats today too. I suck at them so it was great to get to work on them not in a WOD situation.
    Tovar- it looked like you killed that clean workout... nice job.
  13. Anonymous Says:
  14. Got a good half hour of wrestling in so I did a lighter version of Elizabeth from Monday. 15,12,9 of cleans w/yellows & ring dips. Glad I didn't have to do Rx'd. Overhead squats looked good tonight by the way!
  15. BC Says:
  16. My OH squats were definitely better at the end than they were at the beginning, it was good to work on them and learn the proper "feel." I finished with some back extensions and a few rope climbs for good measure. Nice job 7:30 crew.
  17. kahrs Says:
  18. So I made something up today, did 3 rounds 500 meter row, 10 ring push ups, 25 wall balls. Originally told my self under 15 minutes, then was done with the last round of pushups at like 11:50 so pushed myself to finish in under 13:00. I finished at 12:50. It was fun, need to work on keeping the row intensity high.
  19. Addi Says:
  20. Did Monday's workout with Lisa. I went light - 65# - not wanting to burn out my quads too bad on the full squat.. Then I ended up having a hard time remembering to do the full squat. So I should have just sucked it up and done 85#. Did negatives for the dips.

    My time was 8:52 - I felt like I was going pretty fast, but it's a lot easier to go fast when you're cheating on the squat. Oops.

Thanks For Visiting!