RSS

Friday 080718

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:

WOD

Wimpy "Cindy"
As many rounds in 10 minutes of:
3 Pullups
6 Pushups
9 Air Squats

Rx'd is chest to bar on the pullups, chest and thigh touching the ground on pushups, and the crease of the hip noticeably below the top of the knee for every squat. You have to complete the range of motion for all exercises at the other end as well. Can anyone reach 15 rounds? How about 20?

Post rounds completed to comments.



















Tyson showing crazy hip mobility during the overhead squat. Great work Tyson and it has been really cool having you as part of the gang.
__________________________________

I was reading CrossFit OKC's blog the other day and I came across a posting of an email that was sent to Jason (CrossFit OKC's owner) by Maury Birdwell concerning his success rock climbing and how CrossFit has helped him. Jason also posted a link to Maury's personal weblog. I paid a visit to his blog and found a cool posting explaining CrossFit in his own words. Check it out. Post thoughts to comments.

A Dose of Real Fitness, Maury Birdwell - furrymurry.com


edit post

21 Responses to "Friday 080718"

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. My first 6AM workout and I am interested to see how I feel the rest of the day. Right now I am full of energy and ready for the day. For the WOD, I made is thourhg 13 full rounds with 3 pull ups and 6 push ups in the 14th. The first few rounds were Rx'd with chest to bar pull ups but after about 6 rounds I could only get the first pull up to my chest. All others were, at minimun, chin high.

    It was great seeing a few new faces and a few old ones I haven't worked out with in a while. Great work everyone!!
  3. JimmyG Says:
  4. You guys should have named this "Wimpy Jimmy"! I brought it weak with a whopping 8 rounds of mediocrity today. first six were RX'd last two were scaled in the pull up department. I'm still getting used to the 6am thing, and going to bed at midnight doesn't help, but I'm not making excuses for a dogged workout...yet.

    It was good to see Mark again and everyone else was killing it today!

    See you all tomorrow! 9am or bust!
  5. Anonymous Says:
  6. Back is hurting bad, so won't be able to make it in. Really was excited about this one too. Hope to see everyone tomorrow.
  7. Anonymous Says:
  8. Just when I get kipping pullups down, the form on pullups changes, oh well. I got through 11 rounds, 3 PUs and 2 pushups. See everyone tomorrow.
  9. paul Says:
  10. Did a modified version of yesterday's:

    5 rds:

    5 275# DLs
    10 2 pood KB swings (just to shoulder height)

    4:48.

    Painful, but awesome.
  11. Anonymous Says:
  12. I really struggled with pus-ups today. I was 4 squats short of 12 rounds. I was hoping for 14 rounds, but the damn push-ups held me back.
  13. Anonymous Says:
  14. I felt like I was cranking through these pretty good, but only ended with 12 rounds even. Kicked my butt for ten minutes so I can't complain. See you soon.
  15. Jen Says:
  16. Don't worry Jimmy, the 6AM gets easier to bring your A game.

    14 rounds + 5 push-ups
    (Sub Horizontal Pull-ups for kipping due to protect shoulder)

    It is getting better, but needs a couple more days to go back at it as Rx'd.
  17. paul Says:
  18. For those of you who don't know, the Lioness is Angela. Because she's an animal (in a feminine way)!
  19. Anonymous Says:
  20. thanks for the clarification paul. i was very confused and apparently unaware of my sister's animal-ness. can't wait for a kickass workout tomorrow. looks like everyone did well today!
    jimmy, 6 am does get easier once you are able to get your ass out of bed! (i say that because i still can't)
  21. Anonymous Says:
  22. Thanks Paul!
  23. A Says:
  24. Lioness? You are a goof! Rrrrar.
  25. JimmyG Says:
  26. Ang, I expect to see some sort of animal print incorporated into your attire tomorrow...Meow!
  27. Anonymous Says:
  28. you guys really want to stick your head in the lioness's jaws?
  29. JimmyG Says:
  30. Paul, that's so dirty I don't even want to go there...but I love it!
  31. paul Says:
  32. thanks for making me look like a sketchy bastard, jimbo!
  33. Anonymous Says:
  34. 19 as Rx'd - Air Squats got my legs burning pretty good
  35. Anonymous Says:
  36. I did ten mins of the following and got 11 rounds...

    3 65lb thrusters
    6 pushups
    9 squats

    i forget how badly I hate thrusters and how quickly i burn out with them...
  37. zj Says:
  38. 16 rounds. Pretty fun WOD after yesterdays grueling WOD.
  39. Anonymous Says:
  40. 20 rounds... I agree, this was a fun one!
  41. Anonymous Says:
  42. Finished 12 rounds. See you all tomorrow.

Thanks For Visiting!