RSS

Friday 120615

Unknown Filed Under:
WOD
Skill/Strength

Barbell Bent Over Row - 4x6 (sets across)

Here's an opportunity for us to teach a new movement for later use in workouts, if such a time were needed. These are to be performed by pulling from the ground each rep (no touch and go) and bringing the bar to a spot on the body just above the belly button. Complete these on a 2 minute clock.

Conditioning

A little twist on things for your working out pleasure. There are six classes tomorrow and each one will do a different workout. You will not know what the workout is until you arrive. Each class time was assigned to a different person of the gym. This person is responsible for designing the workout. I've seen some of them already and they are legit, fun workouts.

Choose which class time at your own risk. Ha.

5AM - Amanda Brei
6AM - Amanda Brei (different than 5am)
9AM - Addi Kahrs
12PM - Joe Westerlin
4:30PM - Jimmy Garofalo
5:30PM - Ricky Frausto

I will post all workouts to Saturday's blog post in case any of you wanted to give the one's you missed  a try during Saturday's open gym time.

Post all results to comments/Logwod.


Bad-ass! So how was the Warrior Dash? Did you like it? Could it have been better? More challenging? Or everything you thought it could be?

Post answers to comments.

edit post

13 Responses to "Friday 120615"

  1. Tovar Says:
  2. That picture is absolutely awesome! Too Leggett, too Leggett to quit!!!!
  3. Addi Says:
  4. Warrior Dash was a lot of fun. The first 1.5 miles of hills were definitely the hardest part. Once we got to the obstacles, it went really fast. It was not as difficult as I expected, but I thought it was appropriate for the masses - challenging enough for the average person. I saw a lot of people bypass a lot of obstacles. The general consensus among CFOers, from what I've heard, is that the Friday WD workouts were way harder.

    I would definitely do one again. And next time, I'm not playing nice with BC. You're on your own, punk.

    It also boosted my confidence about the Tough Mudder Josh and I are running in October. 12 miles is way past anything I've run before, and I'm NOT excited about the distance, but at the end of the Warrior Dash, someone could have easily convinced me to run it again. (in exchange for a hefty ransom of bacon, of course) #willrunforobstaclesandbacon
  5. Addi Says:
  6. Also, great picture, Leggett.

    Also also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOE W!
  7. Paula Says:
  8. Sweet pic, Joe!

    As for the warrior dash besides the first mile run uphill it was easier than I thought. I did all the obstacles which were a lot of fun. I will definitely do it next year. Addi is correct. The workouts at CFO were much harder. I can name a few just in the past week or two. I'd do the dash before I would do those again.

    Looking forward to Ricky's surprise WOD tonight. Yikes!!

    HAPPY "30TH" BIRTHDAY JOE W.!!!!
  9. Andy Gomel Says:
  10. Nice picture Joe and way to go rx'd with the tuck jumps over the fire!
    I agree with Addi it was much tougher to do the training than the event. The run was a nice way to thin out the herd. Had a great time with good company too. Would do it again.

    Possible Tough Mudder team? I know Egan is in.

    Looking forward to what Ricky has for us at 530...
  11. Andy Gomel Says:
  12. Nice picture Joe and way to go rx'd with the tuck jumps over the fire!
    I agree with Addi it was much tougher to do the training than the event. The run was a nice way to thin out the herd. Had a great time with good company too. Would do it again.

    Possible Tough Mudder team? I know Egan is in.

    Looking forward to what Ricky has for us at 530...
  13. Gdawg Says:
  14. SAWEEEEET PIC JOE!

    running was the worst part of the dash. There was one hill i really wanted to walk but Ben Mason encouraged me to keep joggin...made it hard to abandon him at the obstacles as he alwasy chose the slow lane! I may or may not be interested in the tough mudder, I go back and forth...12 miles is a lot and the whole shocking thing doesn't interest me very much...

    scared and excited to see what Ricky has in store for 5:30 and HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOE! HOPE THIS IS A WONDERFUL YEAR FOR YOU!

    megan
  15. paul Says:
  16. Joe's workout...well, it might as well have been another Warrior Dash Friday.

    1200m run
    105 DU
    35 burpees
    600m run
    70 DU
    25 burpees
    300m run
    35 DU
    15 burpees

    19:33.

    nice work by everyone at noon!
  17. JLeggs Says:
  18. Joe's noon WOD was a little rough for us "non-30 year olds". 24:47. Happy b-day, Joe! And thanks for the props on the pic, everyone! The Dash was a blast! I would definitely do it again. Ricky's Friday WD WODs were perfect training. The Dash could probably learn something from Ricky's programming. In my opinion, the Friday training made the Dash course SO doable, that drinking beer afterwards was significantly more fun 'cause I wasn't gasping for oxygen between sips.
  19. Troy Says:
  20. I thought warrior dash was extremely fun but not very difficult, fridays were way harder in general. I did end up running it twice, I figured I would increase the difficulty by going a second time after about 10 beers, still wasn't too bad :-)

    Unfortunately I can not make any of the fun today but maybe I'll make one of them up tomorrow.
  21. Shane Says:
  22. Wait, so Ricky's programming is so good that it makes us not need oxygen? I must not be doing stuff right.

    Noon wod sucked, thanks Joe. 24:33. And happy birthday.
  23. Paula Says:
  24. Bent Over Row- 99#. Probably could have gone heavier. I've done this movement as an assistance exercise in strength class but it wasn't from the ground to belly each rep. It was from the hang and I don't remember using it as such a fast and powerful movement. I liked it!!! Something different.

    Conditioning- Ohhh wonderful Bear Complex with 77# and Burpee box jumps. I got 2 reps of the bear complex in the 8th rd. It was a long and sweaty 22". I actually loved this one...well love is a strong word. I didn't care for the burpee box jumps but there wasn't that many. After a nasty skinning of my shin 3 weeks ago I was a little nervous. Biffed it once but recovered well. Ha! Just had to use my arms a lot!

    NIce job 5:30!!! Good times....good times!
  25. Shelley Says:
  26. Bent over row: 130#; I liked these

    Conditioning:

    Bear complex/burpee box jumps Rx'd
    got through 9 bear complex reps and 7 burpee box jumps in 9th round.

    Good work 5:30!!

Thanks For Visiting!