RSS

Thursday 120503

Unknown Filed Under:
WOD
Rest Day


Will be placing an order for these tanks maybe tomorrow. There should be enough to go around for all @WomenofCFO in all sizes. They're a little longer in length, have a nice feel and wear to them, and the design is way cool too.

Check out the little CFO on the back too. Branding, baby! Let'em know where you play with your bells.

Like them?

edit post

11 Responses to "Thursday 120503"

  1. Kristina Nash Says:
  2. LOVE!!
  3. john kinney Says:
  4. Love the shirt. The model could use some Nebraska grass-fed beef and some clean and jerks...
  5. paul Says:
  6. John, I'm glad you said something. I don't want to dis the model herself, but specifically for CFO advertizing, is that the body type we want to feature? Sorry, but that's not what strong women look like.

    Kind of frustrating day. I feel kind of beat up, but I learned a lot. Amanda took a close look at my back squat and I am definitely not getting my hips back far enough. I used to be really good at that, but somewhere along the line, I lost ground. I was struggling with 20# under what I should be doing for 3x5, and even then I couldn't force my body into the correct position.

    Then 5 rds:
    5 CTB pullups
    10 OHS (88)
    15 GH situps
    11:57.

    Started out fast, ended up slow. Also kind of strained my left tricep somehow. Just feels very tight. ugh.

    Some days...
  7. john Says:
  8. Still here in Wichita, KS and had a chance to do a drop-in at Crossfit Wichita. Nice gym and worked out with Shannon.

    Anyways - their WOD was:

    4 rounds
    400m run
    50 air squats

    Fought threw some odd humidity and completed in 13:18.

    After that worked on the nemesis kipping pullups and HSPU
  9. Shelley Says:
  10. Every time I am in a CFO class (usually 5 times a week), I see all different body types represented, and I think this model looks fine. Yes, she's thin/lanky, but that's her body type. We all have different physiques (men included), and I think strength comes in different shapes/sizes.

    Love the tanks btw!!

    Saw another saying on another site put on shorts/pants along the lines of "does this squat make my ass look big". Thought that was cool too.

    Maybe someone has an idea for shorts??
  11. Gdawg Says:
  12. i like that shelley! haha!

    love love love the tank! can't wait to wear it! just bought some tshirts yesterday to represent Omaha,NE for regionals & can't wait to get out some other CFO tees!
  13. Hilg Says:
  14. Maybe it's the weather/humidity Paul?? I had an "off day" myself.

    3X5 Bench Press @ 198 and struggled with the last rep

    Then, Corey the Sadist, came up with the following:

    3 Rounds:

    500M Row
    25 DUs
    10 Box Jump Burpees

    Very creative but kicked my behind.....last two rounds of rows were brutal.....I felt like big POS.

    Thanks, Corey! ;-)

    Hilg
  15. Sherv Says:
  16. 3x5 bench press (220, 242, 264). Only got 2 1/2 reps on the last set. Probably too big of a jump

    Worked with Hilg on our metcon:
    3rnds of 500 m row, 25 DU, 10 burpee box jumps
    11:45

    Worked up a good sweat this morning. Very glad I decided to come in...as usual.

    Great working with you Brian (and Jeff)

    Corey
  17. Lauren F. Says:
  18. Came in with one goal: to kick up to my first handstand....and with Joe as my witness, I DID IT! it was only once and have lots of practicing to do, but seeing as I couldn't get past 45 degrees this morning, I'm pretty stoked :). Thanks to some awesome folks in 5:30 for cheering me on! Definitely love being a part of CFO!

    Ps. Ricky, the tanks are awesome!
  19. Addi Says:
  20. Awesome, Lauren! That's a BFD.

    Also, THANK YOU for long tanks. Tall girls like to not have to tug at every shirt they own.
  21. Paula Says:
  22. Did some strength with back squat and DB bench press. I don't like DB as well as bar. BS felt strong today. Then did some accessory work with atlas stone DL with the biggest stone (116#-I believe) and superset with swiss ball leg curls.The stone DL were tough especially when your forearms were as sweating as mine. It was definitely a hot and sweaty workout. There are times I think I sweat more during my strength workouts than a met con.

    Then stayed for Pilates. I was exhausted. I definitely prefer pilates before the workout. Plus its a great way to warm up.

    Great job Lauren on the HS and Mike R. on your kipping PU's and yes....Shelley and Karen were sooo close on those muscle ups.

    Great job to everyone at 5:30. There was a lot going on. Fun to watch everyone doing there thing.

    I love the tanks. I just don't know if they would be too long for someone like me. I guess we will see cuz I got to get one.

Thanks For Visiting!