RSS

Tuesday 120320

Unknown Filed Under:
WOD
Skill/Strength

Handstand Push ups - 3 sets of 3 minutes (1 minute rest)

Watch this video and put the instruction to use. Focus on hand distance from the wall, elbow/shoulder position, head placement on the ground, and driving head through the arms at lockout. Also practice the kip variation. There will be absolutely no hand beside the head/elbows flared positioning allowed.

Conditioning

In teams of 2, AMRAP in 20 minutes of:
10 Rope Climbs
40 Overhead Squats, 115#/77#
60 Toes 2 Bar

For rope climbs, everyone starts from feet and jumping too is allowed but everyone must get chin above rafter and climb all the way to the ground.

Post results to comments/Logwod.


You knew this one was going up. What a great shot. What a great person. What a great accomplishment. Congrats Jen.

edit post

10 Responses to "Tuesday 120320"

  1. svioli Says:
  2. I could hardly walk into the gym this morning - damn quads! I'm always happy to do handstands, and was very pleased to get my first kipping HSPU - even two! Also was able to sting together 5 T2B, could have done more, but had an unfortunate knife accident last night so my grip wasn't the best. Great job 5 AM, and it was a pleasure working with Kurt!
  3. Doug and Mackenzie Says:
  4. First blog so here it goes...

    First two sets of HSPU were strict with hands on the floor - did 5 reps each set. The last round was also strict but on yellow bumpers, and I got 7 reps.

    Dave LeClaire and I got through 1 full round and 35 OH squats in 20 minutes. The rope climbs and T2B felt more efficient for me than they ever have. I can definitely tell that the practice is paying off. I have to give a shout out to Dave for being such a beast on the T2B - it's amazing to watch him do this movement.
  5. BigD Says:
  6. Appreciate the shout out Doug! Thanks for carrying the team in the rope climbs and OHS. I was still beat up from two shots at 12.4. And you're right there with me on the T2Bs.
    Liked working the positioning on the HSPU. Been too long since I practiced these. Guess if my abs cramped up I must've been holding a good hollow position :)
  7. Shelley Says:
  8. HSPU's felt great today. I did 2 sets of 3 strict and 1 set of kipping in the first round, all kipping in the second and 1 set of strict (2 reps only) and all kipping after. I did them using plates and ab mat. Focused on getting head through and when kipping, using my hips more(thanks for cues Jen S). I didn't feel burnt out in the shoulders afterwards.

    Teamed up with Megan Mac and Jen S for team workout. We did 15 rope climbs, 60 OHS and 90 T2B each round. We got through 2 rounds plus 3 rope climbs. Rope climbs felt great throughout (with jumping up, I was almost always able to get up with only one pull) OHS are better (wrist is still bothersome on these), but I did get one set of 7 and one set of 8 which I wasn't able to do at that weight last time I tested it. It's still below where it should be at this weight, but I'm trying not to sweat it. OHS is the only movement that bothers my wrist at this point. I still need to work T2B technique to get faster/more efficient.

    Great job Megan Mac and Jen S.

    I stuck around afterwards to do more mobility work and CTB pullups as well as muscle up progressions. For CTB I did 30 seconds of work followed by 30 seconds of rest and was able to get 7 reps each time.
  9. paul Says:
  10. My advice for team WODs is to link up with Dan. Makes life a lot easier!

    We got 2 rds and 10 climbs rx'ed, thanks to Dan's being a rope-climbing machine.

    I also got 8 single kipping HSPUs, which is pretty good for me. I think form was decent, too (far from perfect, but improving). Gotta keep doing these until they are easy.
  11. Jen Says:
  12. Nice picture. What a dork face.

    Did 12 strict HSPUs in a row in rnd 1 and then just worked on kipping. These felt great today.

    Team workout with Shelley and Megan M. Lots of fun. I did front squats instead of OH b/c just prior to the dork face picture above I failed miserably on the MU and tweaked my shoulder. Not bad, just taking it easy today.

    Good mix of work today. Nice seeing you all at 6:00am
  13. paul Says:
  14. Jen, your face is the best part of the picture. I know it wasn't your first muscle-up, but that is definitely the "omg, I got a muscle-up" face.
  15. Stacie Says:
  16. Yay Jen!!

    Way to do work Megan & Karen! I had a blast getting the 20 min job done together!!

    2 rds + 15 rope climbs
  17. Addi Says:
  18. HSPU felt pretty strong, considering how I've been neglecting them recently. Did a mex set strict and a max set kipping each round.
    3/8, 2/8, 2/6

    Partnered with Mac for the AMRAP - 2 rounds, 30-something OHS. I loved this workout. Rope climbs and toes to bar felt great, OHS felt rough. All as expected. Thanks for pushing the pace, Mac!
  19. Megan F Says:
  20. Lots of fun tonight -- thanks, Stacie and Karen! And thanks to Ricky for showing me how to climb a rope on Thursday.

Thanks For Visiting!