RSS

Thursday 120322

Unknown Filed Under:
WOD
Rest Day


A great post 12.4 shot of Mike Wesack. This is definitely how I felt after all those wall balls. But now it's the week after and we have 12.5 to deal with. What do you guys think of this one? A little anti-climatic but nevertheless, a good final test, wouldn't you agree?

edit post

6 Responses to "Thursday 120322"

  1. Shelley Says:
  2. Did 12.5 at 5 a.m. with Megan Mac.

    98 reps; got through 8 thrusters in round of 18. Thrusters all unbroken, CTB I started with sets of 3, quickly went to 2's and ended up doing a lot of singles, but I made sure I got right back on the bar. CTB feels so much better even though I did a lot of singles. My shoulders also felt good as I think with the thrusters, I did a better job of using hips and not having to use arms much.

    I then did 3 sets of 10 pushups unbroken, resting only until the top of the next minute.

    I followed up with the rowing from yesterday:

    250 meters: :51
    500 meters: 1:54
    750 meters: 2:57

    I rested 1 minute after the 250 meters and 2 minutes after the 500 meters. I wanted to cheer Mark on while he was doing the workout so I didn't do the 1000 meters. My legs were smoked though!

    Great job Megan Mac, Mark and Gina!!

    Thanks for counting for me Amanda!

    Overall, I've been a bit disappointed in that I don't feel like strength was tested that well in the Open, but this last one was good in that you could obviously see where you were from 1 year ago.

    I love thrusters......would have liked to have seen at least 95# for women.
  3. JennG Says:
  4. 2013???
    I hope I didn't just lose a year. :D
  5. Mark Says:
  6. Did 12.5 (or 11.6, which ever you prefer) today. Last year I got 85 reps and this morning I got 88. I really wasn't expecting to do even as well as last year let alone better so I am pleased with my score.

    I do have to say that if anyone was truly surprised that we got thrusters and pull-ups for the last WOD than you probably haven't been around CrossFit for long enough to remember that "What's your Fran time?" was the universal question CrossFitters would ask when then met another CrossFitter... takes me back to the old days of the UNO gym and that nasty carpet that nobody cared was nasty after they just did Fran for the first time.
  7. paul Says:
  8. Yeah, I'm not really surprised that a Fran variation came up for 12.5, but I would've liked to see something heavier. Even a heavy Fran would've been a nice change.
  9. paul Says:
  10. if you're procrastinating, check out this article on the games site about my friend and fellow philosophy professor, Chris Kulp:

    Professor
  11. BigD Says:
  12. 71 on my first shot at 12.5
    Got 67 last year, so there's an improvement.
    Think I got enough in me for one more shot at this....

Thanks For Visiting!