RSS

Friday 120210

Unknown Filed Under:
WOD
Mobility/Soft Tissue

Arm Extension/Internal Rotation

Skill/Strength

Ring Dips

On a time interval of 2 minutes on/2 minutes off, work your ring dip. Start with strict dips only unless you don't have any, in which case, use a kip. If you do not have either kipping or strict ring dips, bring the rings down and focus your work on ring push ups. Do this for 3 rounds.

Conditioning

Row 400 meters (Damper Setting @ 4)
5 Bear Complexes (keep it light)

Team up with 3-4 other people and take turns completing the above couplet, one time, until all of you have finished 3 rounds. A bear complex consists of a power clean, a front squat, a push press, a back squat, and a final behind the neck push press. For this workout, you cannot squat clean or thruster (from in front or behind the neck). We're still in de-load so keep the weight pretty light.

Post results to comments.


Here is a reason for de-load weeks. It's theory but does make sense.

Thoughts?

edit post

9 Responses to "Friday 120210"

  1. Addi Says:
  2. Tall box jumps, strict pull-ups, rowing, bear complex, lacrosse ball torture, tiny metcons, and bacon every day... could this week get any better?
  3. Danny Says:
  4. For all you bacon lovers out there..

    http://www.wtop.com/?nid=681&sid=2740519

    nothing like a bacon flavored shake.
  5. paul Says:
  6. I like this group of things. Always love working ring dips. I did 13, 13, 14, broke it up a different way each time.

    Used 110 for the bear. Rough!
  7. Shelley Says:
  8. Did strict ring dips:
    9,6,7 I did one set of 3, the rest were all sets of 2, with the exception of the very last one only being a single as time ran out. I alternated with Megan Mac on these. I never reached a point of failure or near failure as these felt solid throughout. 2 minutes rest made that possible.

    77# for Bear. I like Bear Complex.

    I haven't commented on any of the mobility work, but I like it. I'd been doing some on my own, but this week reminds me that I'm not doing enough of it. For someone like myself who has some mobility/flexibility issues, I think it's a must. For those who don't have mobility/flexibility issues, I think this helps ensure you stay that way. Don't take it for granted. We're all going to be old someday, and I don't want to qualify for a scooter chair or Hovearound.
  9. Marie Says:
  10. I hope I get to do this workout today!

    I've really appreciated the mobility work this week and am amazed at what a lacrosse ball can do. I felt like a new person after the Tuesday session. Thank you for focusing on this!
  11. Unknown Says:
  12. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccpjTyTpxVM&feature=share
  13. Kristina Nash Says:
  14. Ring dips are a struggle for me. I worked stabilization, a few negatives, and ring push ups.

    77# for bear complex. I had a total brain fart and couldn't stop push jerking. Thanks to JenS and Amanda for helping me sort that out in my brain. totally over-thinking stuff.

    If anyone is interested in a 3 pm strength class PLEASE give Ricky a shout out!!
  15. Paula Says:
  16. 53# for bear complex.....LOVE the bear complex. Teamed up with Sue and Sherrie! Good job ladies!!!!
    Worked on ring pushups and tried a few negatives.

    I was really bad with blogging this week too! I learned a lot about mobility and what areas need work. We all need to continue with what we learned this week to increase flexibility and decrease chance of injury!!

    Great work 5am!! Sorry Dave P. to leave you still finishing the WOD. Class went a little late and some of had to bug out to go to work.

    As far as the open goes EVERYONE should sign up! I hesitated last year and I'm so glad I decided to do it. Even with my athletic ability or lack there I did the first 4 WOD prescribed! And if you can't....so what! Who cares! Most people PR during these competitions. You just might surprise yourself. The energy in the room was unbelievable! Most of us will have never experience what it's like to be a games competitor! What perfect way to get that feeling with the athletes you work out with everyday!!! SIGN UP PEOPLE!! You won't regret! Trust me!
  17. Addi Says:
  18. I didn't count my dips, but played back and forth with the kip (finally feeling like I'm getting it. mostly.) and strict (trying to hold a hollow position).

    Kept the bear complex super-light at 64# and took the rows fairly easy - low- to mid- 1:50s.

    Loved the mobility today - most of what we've done this week is stuff I work on here and there, but I've never done today's before. Definitely going to remedy that.

    I loved deload week. A nice calm before the AMRAP storm of the Open.

Thanks For Visiting!