RSS

Tuesday 120117

Unknown Filed Under:
WOD
Max rounds in 3 minutes of:
3 Power Cleans, 154#/114#
6 Burpees
9 Air Squats (2 count at the top)

Rest 1 minute. Repeat for a total of 5 cycles.

Post only completed rounds to comments/Logwod.


Does the above have to happen for you to feel like you got in a good workout?

 Post thoughts to comments?

edit post

19 Responses to "Tuesday 120117"

  1. Kristina Nash Says:
  2. This looks like a good one! I will have to make it up on Thursday.

    Have fun everyone!
  3. JennG Says:
  4. Depends on the type of workout. Strength, no. But a met-con, definitely. Probably the wrong answer, but physically pushing to that point is the only way to turn the mind off. So I guess it depends on the goal of the workout too.
  5. BC Says:
  6. This workout looks sweet, will have to make it up on Sat.

    That guy in the picture is a tool.

    Here's a link to another BeastModalDomain post. Since only 1 person commented on yesterday's link (thanks Kelli!) I assume no one read it. That's coo, whatev. I'm posting this one because I just think it's damn funny. And also, if you click on the "woman's physique" hyperlink in the middle you'll see a world famous money maker that we all know. It's almost games season for you big kids, time to get mean and destrominate some sh!t!
  7. BC Says:
  8. Ha! Forgot to include the link. I really am a tool.

    http://beastmodaldomains.com/2011/10/05/dont-be-a-dumbass-client/
  9. Addi Says:
  10. Not sure what the question is. Do you mean beating BC? Then yes.
  11. paul Says:
  12. I like a mixture of WODs--all the different kinds of tired are important: black lung, the deep heaving associated with heavy weights, searing muscle fatigue, and the kind of WOD where you think it wasn't hard and then later you discover you can't walk.

    3 rds/cycle for me, rx'ed. Pretty rough, but the 1 min rest helps a lot.
  13. svioli Says:
  14. BC - and which one are you? No, really, I don't know any of these people...
  15. paul Says:
  16. BC is the guy in the picture. So his comment was SELF-deprecating.
  17. Anonymous Says:
  18. BC I read the article. I laughed out loud! I scared those around me. And them I started an inner monologue to make sure none of those people described me...
  19. Steve Says:
  20. Definitely did a gut check to make sure I didn't fit any of those guys in the link (no comments, Addi).

    And as for the question posted... no, I don't need that feeling after every workout. I get just as much work from days where we play around and work on weaknesses or mobility. And mixing in some longer duration but at a lower intensity, when you're beat but not exhausted.
  21. BC Says:
  22. Yes svioli, that picture of defeat and futility is me. Here is a quick rundown of the others who have been posting:

    Paul is a professor and chairman of the Omaha branch of al Qaeda. He dead lifts infidels for fun.

    Addi is a bacon-eating Republican and staunch Michelle Bachmann supporter who's favorite workout is Annie.

    JennG Is a former disciple of the Filipino Assassin. She can f you up.

    BluejayRN eats suckers like grapes.

    Tara Lynette is straight up gangsta. She also makes origami.
  23. Anonymous Says:
  24. Oh man. I went too heavy today and felt EXTRA dumb after reading that blog. Lol.
  25. Hira Says:
  26. haha.. BC you crack me up!

    since i am still recovering from being sick all last week, went light today which still felt pretty heavy.

    10 2/3, #77. Fun one!
  27. paul Says:
  28. well played, american pig!
  29. JennG Says:
  30. former?? Better watch your back.
  31. Danny Says:
  32. BC those blogs are great!

    My favorite - "don’t get ahead of yourself and try to do something that is going to slow you down to the point of not bringing the fucking lumbuh"
  33. Addi Says:
  34. BC, that made my day. Also, I know where you sleep. Consider yourself warned.
  35. Marie Says:
  36. Great class, 4:30pm! Ricky, thanks for the tutorial on power cleans. Among other things, telling us to "push away the earth with your feet" was hugely helpful to me. I have a LONG WAY to go on power cleans, but that was the best I've ever done.

    I used to think I had to totally collapse after a workout to derive any benefit, but I no longer believe that. However, I do love the feeling, especially after dealing with divorce clients all day.

    BC, thank you, that was funny :) The client who can't add up weight & doesn't know her PRs...who does that? (oops, I'm trying to do better in 2012)
  37. Shelley Says:
  38. Did last wodclub open workout: 6:07; redid from yesterday as anchors weren't allowed for situps and had anchored my feet the first time with DB's.

    Thanks for the wrist wraps Jake.

    Great job Jen S on the wodclub workout!!

Thanks For Visiting!