RSS

Thursday 111229

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Rest Day



One of the best mob wods I've seen for internal rotation. Where does not having internal rotation hurt us? Well, let's see.... Snatch, clean, push ups, dips, muscle ups, chest to bar pull ups, and any where else where the arm must be internally rotated and/or in extension.

Remember, arm extension is when the arm is out in front and comes toward the body and even when it passes behind the torso. It's this behind the torso part that really affects people's movements.

edit post

10 Responses to "Thursday 111229"

  1. BigD Says:
  2. Worked snatch this morning. Warm up sets went fine, but missed 154 three times. Shoulders didn't want to go back. Threw logic out the window and jumped to 159. First 2 attempts felt good but couldn't lock the arms back. Gave it one last try and FINALLY hit it good. New PR by 5#.
    Got both of my goals I set during this last challenge.
    Can't wait to see how the post-challenge stuff goes on the 7th.
    Thanks for cheering me on 5AMers!
  3. Tovar Says:
  4. Ok CFO here is who I have confirmed for The New Year's Eve Bash so far....

    Dustin & Stacie
    Egan & Jen
    Adam & Tessa
    Danielle
    Reba
    Katherine
    Terra
    Jen G.

    Here are the maybes & last minute decisions....

    Zach & Hannah
    Andy & Megan

    If I am missing anybody please let me know. We would love to see more of your beautiful faces at the party so talk to those I've mentioned above and make plans to join us. Don't be scared of having too much fun people!

    And besides, all the dancing you'll do should make for a good NYE WOD. :)
  5. paul Says:
  6. was getting cranky from not working out. i'm such a junkie! anyway, couldn't stand it anymore, so did the following:
    5 rds
    50 DU
    15 OHS (15-ish lb. pry bar)
    10 pushups
    5 strict PU on basketball hoop (not full ROM)

    13:40-ish. felt so good to do SOMETHING. but I'm still dying to lift some serious weight.
  7. Shelley Says:
  8. Tovar I am in also. Haven't purchased tickets as I've missed you or ricky.
  9. Anonymous Says:
  10. Tovar -
    Me too. I will buy my ticket on Friday. So could you leave one with Ricky? Thanks!!
    Tara D.
  11. CrossFit Hydro Says:
  12. So I found out I need some gymnastics skill work... ha

    Everett's Olympic Program... Continued
    Clean & Jerk - Up To 85-90% 5X2
    218, 228, 228, 234, 239
    2 DL + 1 Clean Pull (4X3)
    265, 295, 305, 315
    Front Squat (4X2) Started @ 85%
    236, 241, 246, 251

    Messed Around With Muscle Ups & A Bunch Of Stuff From gymnasticswod.com... You Need To Try Some Of This Stuff! Getting Humbled By 10# DB's Ha...
  13. Shelley Says:
  14. Today, I did unbroken back squats:
    30 reps at 154# and should have gone heavier as these were fairly easy

    3x5 press
    77#, 87#, and 97#

    No pain in my wrist with this movement, but it's still too tender to do pushups or cleans.

    Metcon:
    3 rounds:
    800 meter run
    40 box jumps 24"
    340 feet farmer's walk (2 pd). It was 85 feet down and back twice each round.

    22:55. This wiped me out but it felt good to have done it.

    Earlier workouts this week:
    Christmas Day at my parents in the country: 2.7 mile run with 100 airsquats at the halfway point in
    26:00. My lab Sydney ran with me and beat me (in my defense she didn't do any airsquats)

    Monday in my garage:
    4 rounds:
    50 DU's
    25 KB swings (1.5 pd)

    9:38 (thought I was going to die); DU's were horrible first round, swings were unbroken first round then 15/10 each round after. No pain in wrist doing these.

    Tuesday:
    5 rounds:
    10 DL's at 154
    10 pullups

    5:57

    DL's all unbroken, pullups unbroken first round only, rounds 4-5 were horrible as I had no grip left.. wrist felt fine though.
  15. paul Says:
  16. So glad your wrist is on the mend, Shelley!
  17. Tovar Says:
  18. Oops! Tara I spelled your name wrong. I had you on the list as Terra. My bad lady.
  19. CrossFit Hydro Says:
  20. Felt like a second workout.. did my class workout with a few members

    10 DB Push Up Row Burpees (35's)
    Did a bunch of different "cardio" options since we are in such a crammed space right now
    Did the following between sets of 10
    150m row
    160m treadmill run (.1 miles)
    20 30" box jumps
    25 14# Med Ball Slams
    40 Lateral 3" Stick Jumps
    25 DUs
    40 Mountain Climbers
    20 split squat jumps
    *16:40 (80 total Burpees)

Thanks For Visiting!