RSS

Wednesday 111123

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Strength/Skill

Plate Overhead Walking Lunges - 3x10 steps separated by 2 minutes rest each. Start out with 20 unweighted walking lunges for warm-up followed by two weighted warm-up sets of 4-6 steps. The goal of this workout is to work up to the highest amount of plate weight, over three sets, you can hold overhead for ten steps.

Conditioning

10 rounds, each for time of:
200 meter row

No more than 3 at a rower if at all possible but not an absolute.

Post results to comments/Logwod.


Rowing as taught by Concept2 themselves. Pick up one thing from this video and put it to use today. One thing.

edit post

11 Responses to "Wednesday 111123"

  1. Shelley Says:
  2. 88# overhead (red + yellow)for lunges

    1st set red
    2nd set red + green
    3rd set red + yellow

    My 3rd set was actually better than 2nd set. 2nd set I didn't have shoulders in as good a position (plates too far forward overhead)

    Good times on the rower:)

    39.6 was my fastest time which was also my last row. Last 4 rows were all just under :40. 1st row was 45.0(my slowest)

    Great job 5 a.m.!!
  3. BigD Says:
  4. Went blue, Red, Red+Green for my sets of walking lunges. Balance is obviously an issue I need work on.

    Best time I pulled on the row was 37.2, which was my last one.
    Good working with you this morning Danny!
    Nice job 5AMers!
  5. jakeH Says:
  6. worked out with the 9 am crew. Nice change, but am still partial to noon class.

    Lunges were good. For work sets I used a red+green x 10 steps, red+red x 10 steps, then red+red+green for 9.5 steps. So Close. Next time.

    Rows were pretty consistent. :33.4, :33.2, :33.4, :33.3, :33.4, :33.4, :33.4, :33.6, :34.4, :35.1. Was hoping to break into the :32's, but body is a bit sore from yesterday.
  7. paul Says:
  8. Fun day. First time joining the 9am class. Lotta hard workers in there today!

    99# for the lunges. Got 6 steps at 115#. Fastest row 34.9, slowest 38.7. Looks like I'm at my best with the damper around 8. I think I have a flaw in my form somewhere. I feel like I could give it more, but I can't figure out how to get a faster time without doing something obviously inefficient. One more thing to work on, I guess.
  9. Anonymous Says:
  10. Fun times at the 9 am today! 1st set of lunges with the blue plate, 2nd-red, 3rd-red + green. Scary! But I made it!

    Fastest time was 40.8, racing Kristina. Nice work girl!

    Happy Thanksgiving!
  11. Blair Tice Says:
  12. Thanks for allowing me to drop in to CFO today! I had a great time working out with the 9am crowd! Everyone was so friendly and I picked up some great tips on the rower.

    Lunges: Red + Greem plate - Failed after 4. Finished up w/ the red plate
    Row- Fastest pull was 39.8

    Thanks again! Hoping to drop in on Saturday as well. Happy Thanksgiving!
  13. CrossFit Hydro Says:
  14. Not feeling great but gave it a go anyway..
    3 Position Snatch (Hang, Power, Full)
    155, 160, 160
    Trap Bar DL... This Felt Wierd.. Ha
    Max.. Just 360 Then 3X1 @90% (330#)
    Main Site Re-Test
    100 Burpee Pull Ups (Bar 5" Above)
    - Last Time 7:48... 7:50 This time... But I'm About 8# Heavier So Ill Take it...
    Post Work... Upper Back & Stability
    DB Row 3x10 (Different Grips)
    Hollow Rock w/ 22# Plate Over Chest
    3X20-30 Secs
  15. Hilg Says:
  16. Had fun at noon today. Totally started too light on the lunges....many in the class did. Finished with 77# and felt I could have easily gone to Red plus Blue. Fastest pull was 39 flat and happened in the first round.....really like the interval training.

    Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
  17. Mike W Says:
  18. Great class 4:30!
    Red 1st set and red/green for the last 2. Fastest pull was 35.2 and slowest was 40 and last pull was 36.8, go figure. Still babying my shoulder, but each week gets better.
  19. JLeggs Says:
  20. Fastest pull was 35.1 at round #7. Only did 66# on my last set of 10 walking lunges. Probably could have done more but started slow and low. Next time...
  21. Paula Says:
  22. 55# on walking lunges. They were a lot tougher than I thought. My goal was 55#, so I'm Ok with that. As far as the rowing...my fastest time was 43.3 on damper 7 and the slowest was 46.6. Nice huge 9am class!!!

    It was a pleasure meeting you, Blair from Chicago! Awesome job today!

    Happy and Safe Thanksgiving to everyone!!!!!

Thanks For Visiting!