RSS

Tuesday 111101

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
AMRAP in 20 minutes of:
15 Toes 2 Bar
15 Rock Stars, 44#/27#
Odd number rounds = 800 meter run
Even number rounds = 400 meter run

For the rock stars, one end of the bar must start overhead with arms fully extended (other end is on the floor against a wall). Begin the movement by rotating the body (allowing the feet to pivot) and lowering the bar (close to the body) until it reaches a point just below the knee. Return it to the starting position. This constitutes one rep. Alternate sides.

Post total meters run as well as what you thought of rock stars to comments/Logwod.



Pretty good, right? Awesome job Shelley and Greg. Anyone else got some good pictures of themselves dressed up?

edit post

13 Responses to "Tuesday 111101"

  1. Shelley Says:
  2. 4 rounds Rx'd in 20:30. I took off for the 400 in round 4 with 1:40 left. 1st set of T2B unbroken, after that I broke them up in sets of 3, 4 or 5.

    Rockstars are good for the core.

    Great job 5 a.m.!!
  3. paul Says:
  4. Finished 4 rds, and all TTB and rockstars of rd 5 with about 23 seconds left. Ricky said he'd "let me" finish the run, so I had no choice but to do one more 800. So 5 rds total in about 23:30.

    I kind of like rockstars. Need to work on keeping my abs tight during TTB so I don't hyper-extend my back.

    Great work, 6am! Special thanks to Reba and Ricky for pushing me.
  5. BC Says:
  6. 2000m total - 3rds + 15T2B + 15RS (using 33#). Tough 1, but the enjoyable kind of tough. Nice job 6am.
  7. BigD Says:
  8. 3 rnds + 15T2B and 1 RS. Went unbroken on the first two sets of T2B. Rock stars definitely hit that core! Nice job 5AM!
  9. Sherv Says:
  10. 2400 meters. Got 6 T2B into round 5. Should have worn running shoes instead of the five-fingers today. I don't think my shins/feet are ready for that much running unsupported. Really enjoyed this workout. Thanks to Reba and Paul for setting the pace and everyone else in 6am for the great effort!

    Corey
  11. Addi Says:
  12. BChrist, I think you mean 15 kg.
  13. Jeremy Says:
  14. Finished 4rds with 5 seconds to spare. Went to the first 9:00 class today, it was a great turnout had 10 people.
  15. Erica Says:
  16. 3 rounds Rx'd. Finished after the 20min, but not much after. I did the first round of T2B with 10 and 5 reps, then broke up the second round 5-5-5 and the third round 5-3-3-3-1, getting better at these, and didn't miss a single rep! Did all the Rockstars unbroken, these were super tough on my grip, but just busted through them. Running is my weak point, but I ran the whole time without stopping to walk, which made me feel pretty good!

    Thought I would hate this WOD but really ended up feeling pretty good afterwards...glad I went this morning...great showing at 6am!!
  17. GregP Says:
  18. 2000m 3rds + 15T2B +1RS. T2B were 15, 8/7, 5/5/5. RS unbroken with #33. I did not walk/rest on any of the runs so pleased with that.

    Great Job 6am!
  19. Hilg Says:
  20. 3 Rounds Rx'd plus 8 T2Bs. I'm improving on T2Bs and I just need the repetitions to keep getting better. I like the Rockstars and would like to see them again in the next 30 days or so......I could see that benefiting other movements. My running really slows the further I get into these type of workouts but I keep plugging anyway. Always enjoy the noon group but don't count on me......I'm a 6amer at heart! ;-)

    B
  21. Addi Says:
  22. 4 rds exactly - left for the last 400 with 2:00 left and definitely thought I'd get back in time to put a dent in the TTB. Apparently my running was even slower than it felt today. :) got in the door just as the buzzer went off.

    I worked hard at not complaining about the long runs - such a nice day and snow tomorrow - I think I managed to get out without bitching once. PR!
  23. ZachR Says:
  24. 4 rds in 20:34 with 33# for the rock stars. T2B were easily my favorite part.
  25. hannah eileen Says:
  26. this absolutely sucked for a first wod back. (turns out, I've said that phrase too many times.) I finished with 3 rds +1 T2B @ 55# for rockstars. Running was easier for me yesterday than it has been in about 1 year, so that's good.

    Well done, 5:30!

Thanks For Visiting!