RSS

Thursday 110922

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Rest Day

During the 4:30 class, we will be trying out a session of yoga instead of our normal open gym routine. There will be no limit on the class size but we do ask that you sign up through MindBody. If you are a proponent of the idea but can't make the class for other reasons please know that we will run another opportunity for you to take part.

If you have any questions or comments concerning this opportunity please post them to the comments. If you come and really like the class and wish it to stick around in some capacity please post to comments as well. We want all feedback. If there are other times that would work better for your schedule (during a rest day or other day) post those suggestions to comments as well. I can't guarantee anything but we'll do our best to accommodate as many as we can.

We're excited about this and hope you are too.

edit post

22 Responses to "Thursday 110922"

  1. hannah eileen Says:
  2. I would love to come to yoga tomorrow, but unfortunately, I have to work until 5. If this trial run works out, can we extend the number of class times it is offered? please.
  3. paul Says:
  4. I felt like a kid in a candy store today. I found a bunch of things that I haven't been doing but that my elbow can tolerate. So I did a little chipper:

    30 OHS (44)
    30 GH situps (just to parallel)
    30 DB push press (20#)
    30 box jumps (24")
    30 KB swings (1 pd)
    30 wall ball (14#)
    30 OH lunges (blue plate)
    30 DU
    9:57

    Broke up GH situps, box jumps, and lunges, but didn't rest much.

    I was hoping to make it to the yoga, but unfortunately I had a conflict come up. I am definitely interested in doing this, though, so I hope this isn't the last opportunity!
  5. Shane Says:
  6. I usually attend the 4:30 class, but have an appt today and I'm bummed because I really would like to try this. Echoing previous sentiments, hope to see this again sometime!
  7. Michael Rock Says:
  8. Jon Day - this is picking up from yesterday.....but if you want to have an eating contest with pizza or donuts or pizza AND donuts please let me know the time and place. It would be the first time since I started CFO that I would not have to scale. In the words of Ivan Drago "You will lose."
  9. JenD Says:
  10. So excited for yoga today! I think it's such a great idea for the gym to offer different things; it helps give people a mental break from CrossFit while still allowing them to be up in the gym workin' on their fitness. Plus, yoga has so many benefits that will only serve to help people become better athletes (body awareness, flexibilty). My prediction? This will be the most competitive yoga class CeCe has ever seen. Lots of comparing poses afterwards, talking about which yoga mat improves performance...

    Also, Mr. Mike Rock, I have witnessed Jon Day eating a dozen glazed donuts in one sitting. Without even blinking. He's also good for eating an entire pizza by himself. Disgusting, yes, I'm not proud of it, but it's a fact. Beware.

    JenD
  11. Anonymous Says:
  12. Jon Day is all talk, I'll believe it when I see it!
  13. JonD Says:
  14. There has been a lot of talk the past couple days about this. Lets get it together. Someone pick the place, if we need gluten free pizza we will. If you want me to organize this event let me know I can do that. No throwing up people I know you want to win but Im pretty sure we are going to be in a restaurant so lets keep it classy. Let me know some dates and I will put this thing together.
  15. Egan Says:
  16. Jon,

    If this “event,” of eating mass quantities of pizza or doughnuts, or my favorite, Pizza and Doughnuts is for real!!! I think you better count me in as well. I will feel like hell the next two weeks but my brain has almost convinced my body it would be worth it!! HA HA…I Love it.

    Addi, I will not call you out since I agree that the eating contest of meat would ROCK…however it is hard for me to stomach one of butter, I know that pizza and doughnuts are worse but they taste sooooo much better! I will concede victory to you on the butter.
  17. Erica Says:
  18. PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a serious pizza craving earlier today... I'm down for a contest, though I'm not too good at eating large quantities of food, unless it's turkey day :) Sad I'm not going to be able to go to 4:30 today...hope we can do yoga again next week!!
  19. paul Says:
  20. when the chicken wing eating contest finally happens, sign me up!
  21. Michael Rock Says:
  22. Jon D- I am in. Lets make this happen.
  23. JonD Says:
  24. First Ever CFO eating contest.

    Doesnt everything have to be a contest! I will go over my books and see when this event will be a good one. Maybe we will make t-shirts.

    Any ideas on Event Name? Let me know. I will send out on the blog for people to sign up here in the next couple of weeks and we will get this thing underway.

    Great coach I am encouraging people to eat crap food in large quantities. I apologize ahead of time. I will keep you all updated.

    We may have different categories for people to participate.

    Wing eating, pizza eating, donut eating, maybe even bacon eating, who knows. More people the better.
  25. hannah eileen Says:
  26. ice cream?!
  27. Tovar Says:
  28. FGB1...."Food Gone Bad" 1!!!

    My vote is for chicken wings. If it's chicken wings then I know Stacie and I are in!
  29. paul Says:
  30. Nice, Tovar!
  31. Steve Says:
  32. Thoroughly enjoyed yoga at 4:30 today. She tailored it exactly to what a Crossfitter needs. Only suggestion is to have yoga AFTER a workout.

    I'm up for yoga again... but count me out on any eating contest. But I would be gladly be available for judging.
  33. Paula Says:
  34. I'm all about the yoga classes if they are continued. They are a must. I REALLY hope they are added at least once a week.

    This "food challenge" is a riot! I would love to watch this one!!!
  35. JennG Says:
  36. I also will sign up to judge.. or be the official photographer. Definitely should be documented for posterity, otherwise no one will believe we did this!

    Played around with some gymnastics stuff tonight. GWOD was a little vague today, so thank you Joe for giving me something different to work on. I know there are lots of skills that need work, but it's kinda fun to add something new once in a while. And I needed a little fun this week! Looking forward to trying out the yoga, as I've heard nothing but good things about it.
  37. Laura Says:
  38. Loved the yoga class tonight! CeCe is awesome and I hope we see more of her.
  39. Addi Says:
  40. Yoga was perfect today - looking forward to more, please!

    I want in on the wings category!!!!

    Or ribs. I will tear up some ribs.
  41. BigD Says:
  42. Jon,
    You had me at "Bacon eating". Wings, pizza, donuts, ribs, burgers, steak,... don't matter. Count me in.
  43. Kristina Nash Says:
  44. Food Gone Bad 1...love it!

    I'm so not great at eating wings or ribs, but heck it will be a blast win or lose.

    I'm in.

Thanks For Visiting!