RSS

Thursday 110324

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Rest Day

If you need the rest day, take it. Development occurs outside the gym when we allow the body to recover from the positive stress we've imposed on it. Not allowing it to properly recover from harsh intensity can spell impending doom on further progression. It also does the brain good as sometimes we become unmotivated not because we get bored but because we've not recovered enough more often than not and it has caught up.

If this isn't the case and you've missed some days, get your a** in here and kill some weaknesses.

The Beer and Burpees crew. Those that didn't make it out missed some serious fun. Mark it on your calendars now, March 17th, 2012, Beer and Burpees III.

Be sure to check out the winning team's plaque hanging up in the gym.

edit post

8 Responses to "Thursday 110324"

  1. Steve Says:
  2. Mark- put the beer down for the picture. It'll only take a second.
  3. paul Says:
  4. OHS: 5-5-5 (142, 152, 162)

    followed by AMRAP in 8 min:
    3 CTB pullups
    6 pushups
    9 KB swings (2 pood)

    8 rds.

    Good working out with you, Brandon!
  5. Eric C Says:
  6. Is it me? Or does Jillian looked sauced! : )
  7. Mark Says:
  8. I'm sorry I was the only one who got the memo that we were there to have fun!

    Came in and did a little triplet that Amanda conconcted.
    3 rounds:
    500m row
    10 tall clean and push press
    15 GHD situps
    15:59

    Took much longer than it should have, I was feeling a little sluggish today.
  9. Anonymous Says:
  10. Eric--are YOU really accusing someone else of looking "sauced" in this picture??? Pretty sure you've got the corner on that market with the wig and that creepy gaze...Just sayin.

    JenT
  11. Shelley Says:
  12. Did the 1st Games WOD again today:
    6 rounds plus 3 snatch which is a 19 rep improvement over first time. I used a lighter rope and rested less (I think). Snatch was unbroken first round, 8/7 on 2nd and 3rd round and sets of 5 on rounds 4-6. I still missed on DU's, but I didn't feel like I was expending as much energy as I did the first time.
  13. Brandon Says:
  14. Came in at 6am and messed around a bit, then worked out with Paul. Nice working with you too Paul, it's been too long brother. :-)

    BrandonB
  15. Unknown Says:
  16. I don't recognize 3/4 of the crew in this picture! I need to get back in to CFO soon! 2 or 3 months and I'm back!

Thanks For Visiting!