RSS

Wednesday 110209

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Dead-lift 1x5

Warm-up: 5, 5, 3, 2

Post weight to comments/Logwod.

Compare to 110118.



Click Here to View in Fullscreen

Want to know how class sign-ins came about? Watch this, part 1 of a 2 part series, and learn why we implemented the protocol.

A lot of thought went into this. In fact, a lot of thought is still going into it. We hope that you bear with us as we grow into the next chapter of CFO which looks to be darn right amazing.

edit post

17 Responses to "Wednesday 110209"

  1. Jess Says:
  2. 154#, used 85% of my 1RM of 183#

    Great job 6am peeps!

    JChrist
  3. J Andresen Says:
  4. 308#. Felt about right for 1x5.
    Congrats, Nick, on making the board. Good work 5am.
  5. Hilg Says:
  6. 352#, Logwod said I did 375 last Januray but this still felt like the right weight to concentrate on technique.

    Another full 6am class....awesome.

    B
  7. Mark Says:
  8. Used 330# this time. I still have issues with making my back flat and keeping it that way throughout the movement. Amanda had me drop my hips a bit this morning and that seemed to help, but it made the weight feel much heavier since I was now having to start with my knees bent further.

    I am trying to take what Joe said at the summit to heart about technique. I can lift quite a bit more than the weight I used today but I feel at some point I will probably hurt myself if I can't get the technique right. The problem is, I don't feel like doing heavy deadlifts only once a month will get me where I need to be in terms of technique.
  9. Anonymous Says:
  10. 352#
    Technique felt really good today. Probably the best I've felt doing DL since I joined CFO. I know I could have done more. I didn't check LogWod before I came in, it says I did 362 last time, but I remember that feeling really heavy, this time 10 pounds less felt pretty light. Must be improving.

    Afterwards I put 401# on the bar and did it once just to test the waters since I missed the DL 1RM a while back. That felt pretty light too, but good enough for today.

    Good work 5AM!
  11. Anonymous Says:
  12. Clean and Jerk - 85% 3X2
    218, 224, 229 - Felt kind of heavy for some reason

    Snatch Pulls - 100-110% 2,2,2,1,1,1
    198, 198, 208, 218, 228, 228

    Threw together a WOD with heavy full snatches and Wall Climbs...
    5 Full Snatches (No Power Snatch+OH SQ)(155#)
    2 Wall Climbs (Nose and Chest to Wall)
    4 Full Snatches
    4 Wall Climbs
    3 Full Snatches
    6 Wall Climbs
    2 Full Snatches
    8 Wall Climbs (Tough.. Hard to not stop momentarily and take a breath)
    1 Full Snatch (Missed Once :()
    10 Wall Climbs
    ** 7:30 - Two Missed Snatches Cost Probably 15-20 secs

    Messed Around With Tighter Kipping CTB Pull Ups... Just 5 Reps Every 45 secs for 8 Sets...

    Thinking of doing my 5K Row tonight..
  13. hannah eileen Says:
  14. 188#. was shooting for 190, so I was happy.
  15. Allison H :) Says:
  16. 148x5

    for 85% should have shot for 170# but this felt heavy to me so stuck with what felt good. Like I keep saying - Need to get back where I was and I know this all takes dedication and time.
  17. Kat Says:
  18. have a full day of work and school today so i won't be able to make it in :( deadlift is one of my favorites though! I went to my apt gym this morning and did a games wod from a couple weeks ago that i missed. I only did 4 rounds instead of 5 though due to running out of time.
    4 rnds:
    400 m run
    20 burpees
    15 rows 30# db
    I did this in about 20 minutes. I didn't break up any sets of anything but i rested too long inbetween the movements. I bet i could have shaved off a minute or two if i would have been working out next to someone...competition brings out the best!
  19. JonD Says:
  20. Today
    "Ledesma"

    8 rounds + 5 HSPUs (2-3Inches) 10 toe through rings
  21. Kelli Says:
  22. 212# Maybe it was too light :)
  23. BC Says:
  24. 284x5. Felt like I was able to maintain really good form on all 5 reps, felt good.
  25. Jordan Says:
  26. #174. I was going for #165 so this was great! Great job noon class :)
  27. Iron Nerd Says:
  28. 308. Felt pretty solid. I think I need to work on my grip outside of the gym. I definitely feel like I can make the weight go up if I can make my hands stronger.
  29. John Says:
  30. #274. Felt pretty good for the first time in a long time...
  31. Alicia Says:
  32. 119#. i'm getting there :)
  33. nmandresen Says:
  34. 87#...first timer here :) hoping to see improvement the next time around

Thanks For Visiting!