RSS

Friday 110211

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
AMRAP in 20 minutes of:
4 Handstand Push ups
8 Box Jumps, 30 inch box
12 One-legged Squats, Alternating

Post rounds/reps completed to comments/Logwod.

The crew, in order from left to right, JimmyG, Jon, Amanda, Ricky, Joe, and Gabe. Good looking bunch, wouldn't ya say?
________________________________________

We have about 50 tickets to UNO's hockey game tonight versus the Wisconsin Badgers starting at 7:30. These tickets are free and will be available for pick up around 9AM. I'm not sure what the interest will be so please limit 5 tickets per person.

UNO is trying to sell out the game so it should be a good time with lots of energy and excitement. A big thanks to Danielle Baker for providing the tickets.

edit post

14 Responses to "Friday 110211"

  1. paul Says:
  2. 6 rds plus HSPU and jumps, scaled to HSPU negatives (and a few kipping HSPU and wall climbs) and pistols to a medball with a 10# DB for balance. I wasn't expecting this to keep me gasping, but it did.
  3. Shelley Says:
  4. 7 am WOD:

    100 DU's
    50 ball slams 20#/16#
    2 Rounds DT 164#/115#
    12 DL's
    9 hang cleans
    6 push jerks/press
    50 ball slams
    100 DU's

    13:22 Rx'd

    DU's cooperated pretty well today; didn't want to drop bar on DT during cleans or push jerks but broke cleans up once each round and push jerks/press once in second round. I also dropped bar after 11th DL and rested a couple seconds thinking it would help me going into the the cleans.

    I broke ball slams up once in first round and 3 times the second time through.
  5. Unknown Says:
  6. 7 Rounds plus HSPU & 4 Pistols from the stack. Also scaled HSPU to 1 Abmat....and got all 7 rounds!

    Off to Vegas...stopping by CrossFit Vegas in the morning!

    B
  7. Mark Says:
  8. 8 rounds Rx'd. By Rx'd I mean I did all the pistols, but I'd say 2 or 3 each round were completed with me losing balance backwards and barely straightening my leg before I put the other down.

    I'm with Paul, this kept my gasping surprisingly, mostly because of the box jumps I think.
  9. Unknown Says:
  10. HUGE Classes today, will make it soooo much more enjoyable having everyone join in the struggle.

    Did
    100 DUs
    50 Ball Slams
    2 rounds
    164
    12 DL
    9 HPC
    6 PP
    50 Ball Slams
    100 DUs
    12:53

    Should be fun to do the second one
  11. Unknown Says:
  12. Thats was me (Jon)
  13. Addi Says:
  14. 12 min
    2 HSPU
    4 box jumps
    12 pistols

    4 rds, 6 pistols

    HSPU were pretty rusty today after my marathon handstand walk session yesterday. Managed to get a few strict, then had to kip. Pistols were a little dodgy, too. Had to rest more than I liked, and I'm still swimming the arms to get up.

    I'll do 30" box jumps all day.

    I won't be able to get in the games WOD before work, so I think some cold chicken and a short nap are in order.
  15. hannah eileen Says:
  16. LOVE 30" box jumps! LOVE. I either got 7 or 9 rounds + 8 box jumps. I am leaning towards 7. I scaled pistols and hspu.
  17. Shelley Says:
  18. 12 minutes
    2 HSPU's
    6 box jumps
    12 pistols

    5 rounds plus 2 HSPU's

    I got 3 strict HSPU's and the rest all kipping. These are the best these have ever felt, and I think the first time I've done them in a WOD without having to resort to an abmat or some other way of scaling. Box jumps and pistols got better with more reps.
  19. Allison H :) Says:
  20. Loved this WOD!!!

    Got 6 rounds completed
    ...almost got 7 - just had 11 pistols left on the 7th rd! dangit!
    ~ Scaled HSPUs to hand stand holds, alternating with wall climbs and then sitting shoulder press for 7 reps w/ 20# DBs
    ~ Scaled BJs to 24"
    ~ Scaled pistols to negatives

    So much fun and my ass hurts!
  21. Allison H :) Says:
  22. yo! logwod??
  23. O'Kief Says:
  24. In Boise visiting my sister and worked out at Crossfit Refinery:

    3 Rounds:

    7 deadlift (135#)
    7 knees to elbows
    7 pullups
    4 times through.

    2 minute break between rounds.
    17:22 including breaks. Good workout but tore the hell out of my hands.
    Thanks to Casey and Tyler at Crossfit Refinery.
  25. Iron Nerd Says:
  26. 6 rounds plus 3 box jumps (and the preceding HSPU scaled stuff...). This workout was great! I felt like I was tired quickly, but never too tired to have to stop. Really ran 20 minutes of solid work, felt great.
  27. JonD Says:
  28. Evening WOD
    8 rounds plus 4 HSPUs 12min AMRAP

Thanks For Visiting!