RSS

Thursday 100805

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Rest Day














Team Tall
_______________________________________

You heard it here first. We will be hosting a CrossFit/Weightlifting Meet here in house on Saturday, October 2nd. I will be working with a couple of veteran Olympic lifters to organize and put on a real Olympic lifting event. This event will include competition using international weightlifting federation weight classes and will follow international weightlifting federation rules where possible.


I am going to construct a lifting platform specifically for this event and we will have judges on hand (three per lifter per lift) as well as a warm-up area. This is an extended event that could last the entire day as lifting is organized where lighter lifters compete earlier in the day and heavier lifters later on. We will be contesting a 1RM Snatch, a 1RM Clean & Jerk, and an unidentified met-con.

This event is free. I repeat, this event is free and it will be open to non-CFO members. I will begin to post info on rules and regulations of lifting in a meet on the strength blog. There, you will find all the information that you need such as what the weight classes are, how a meet works, and we will award medals to the top three finishers in each weight class as well.

Those visiting from out of town, we will ask local Omaha crossfitters to provide a place to stay so that we can drive costs down for any that would be interested in competing. This is a more inviting stage for first timers than to lift on the big stage at the Olympic training center for your first time.

If you have any questions about lifting in a meet, ask them in the comments. I will do my best to answer them quickly. This will be a really good opportunity for anyone who is interested.

Stay tuned for more info......................

edit post

11 Responses to "Thursday 100805"

  1. paul Says:
  2. I couldn't agree more, 幸福不是一切,人還有責!!

    fun day for me. didn't try to do anything crazy. a leisurely cycle of 3 rds:
    5 CTB pullups
    10 GH situps
    10 OHS (45)
    10 hip extensions
    5 dips (bar)

    then a bunch of c&j work, finishing with 5 reps at 185. then as fast as I could, 5 reps of 155# power cleans and jerks, rest, then as fast as I could, 10 135# squat-clean-thrusters.
  3. Gdawg Says:
  4. SUPER EXCITED for this Oct. competition!!! CAN'T WAIT!
  5. Tovar Says:
  6. Ricky, are you competing in my weight class? If you are I'm gonna have to cut down to the 137lb division. :) Also, I was doing some research are you going to use the "Sinclair Coefficients" to determine the best pound-for-pound lifter?
  7. Tovar Says:
  8. Everyone should check out the CrossFit Journal website today. They have a collection of photos up titled, 2010 CrossFit Games: The Women. Some of our ladies made the cut. Nice backside Stacie! Ha!
  9. Ricky Frausto Says:
  10. Dustin,

    1) I will use the Sinclair for the classic lifts but not sure how I will use this in conjunction with the met-con.

    2) I probably won't do the competition since my shoulder won't be ready and I will need to be running things.

    3) I was lucky enough to make the 2010 CrossFit Games: The Men collection. But who clicks on that right? It's the women that are amazing lookers and athletes. Props CFO ladies.

    4) I posted more info on the Oly meet on the strength blog so be sure to check that out

    5) I'm glad tomorrow's Friday.

    Ricky
  11. Tovar Says:
  12. Ha! Rick you did make the Men's Collection but you're right I didn't bother to look until now. Now "I'm not gay or anything" but that's a pretty sweet photo. :)
  13. Shelley Says:
  14. Did strength class this a.m. at 5:00 as I'll be out of town for a week.

    Back squat worksets:
    3x5 at 198#

    Bench worksets:
    3x5 at 115#

    Back squat felt heavy today; I think it's the combo of yesterday's leg work and short rest in between workouts.

    Thanks Josh for being there at 5:00 a.m. too doing the same workout!
  15. Paula Says:
  16. Was planning on coming in at 5am to run and practice pullups, but got called in at 10:30-1:30am, couldn't sleep and then had to get up at 6:00....decided I need my sleep. So, it is a rest day for me. Probably good to rest up the back anyway afterward yesterday. I guess it a rest day for me. Now off to a baby shower.

    Love the pics on games site as well as the group shot of Team Tall! You all look so good! You guys could make some serious cash off a calendar!
  17. Eric C Says:
  18. Sweet photos Rick and Stacie! Way cool.

    I think I'm going to throw my hat in the ring for the Olympic meet in October. Everyone should do it at least once... right?

    With that in mind, I did a little snatch work today. 3x5 110, 132, 142, 147, 152 (failed twice). I'm sure with some of Rick's instruction that 3 rep max should be around 200#.... by.... tomorrow! HA!
  19. Unknown Says:
  20. Lift plus a mono structural metcon

    Split Jerk Max.. Been a while so didnt know what to expect
    154, 198, 220, 242, 265, 275, 286
    ** Missed 286 once and got it the second time around... Just 10 lbs short of my all time max

    Elevated HSPU's
    (Hands on 6" box, head down to an Abmat)
    5,4,3,2,1
    SS w/
    Single Arm Cable Rowing 8-10EA
    SS w/
    Elevated Split Squats
    5EA (60-65# DB's)

    Felt like doing some sprint and since I just did some running sprints last cycle figured I would change it up to row sprints
    250M Row Sprints (Think my PR is 41.something)
    ** Had to break 45 secs to count with exactly 2 mins between EA **
    - 42.2, 43.7, 44.3

    REST DAY TOMORROW
  21. Pastor Justin Says:
  22. I'm all in for the competition!

    Ricky,

    You might be the only person to make the mens edition and the womens edition. I'm not sure what that means but CFO got a lot of coverage!

Thanks For Visiting!