RSS

Friday 100730

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
"Nancy"
5 rounds for time of:
400 meter run
15 Overhead Squats, 93#/64#

The cut-off for this workout is 20 minutes.

Post time to comments/LogWod.

Burpee Law #3
We need chalk. It helps performance. The same goes for tape on the pull up bars, it helps some of us to attain more pull ups when our grip is all sweaty. The use of both chalk and tape are highly encouraged but what is not encouraged is tape left on the pull up bars/rings, chalk left on the floor, chalk left on the pull up bars, tape left on the floor, etc. Not even water bottles, clothes, and trash should be left behind.

If you use chalk to do, for example, pull ups and the same workout has either burpees, push ups, or handstand push ups, you will leave chalk marks on the floor, this is okay, but you will be responsible for mopping it up. Basically, if you use chalk, clean up everything you touched. If you leave your mark on the equipment, cleaning it up is your responsibility or you will owe the gym 30 burpees.

Don’t worry, we’ll provide the mops and towels to help you out.














So fit even our food works out.
__________________________________

This Sunday's 2-year anniversary party begins at 6pm and will held at Shoreline golf course in Carter Lake, IA. It will be a fun time for everyone and Joe and I look forward to seeing all of you there. If you didn't RSVP, that's okay, just show up anyway as we want everyone there. This is a party for you just as much as it is for us.

Thank you for being a part of CFO.

Shoreline Golf Course Website

edit post

16 Responses to "Friday 100730"

  1. Jess Says:
  2. 18:41 (I think) using 33# for OH squats

    That was rough this morning. Great job 6am peeps. See y'all on Sunday.
  3. BigD Says:
  4. So, should we look forward to any burpee laws applied to golf on Sunday? Like 20 burpees in leu of dropping trou for not making it past the beginner tee box on tee shots? (I'm so screwed!)
  5. paul Says:
  6. I know this comment will come back to bite me in the ass, but I kind of want to get screwed on the burpees a few times and become fitter as a result. It seems like we used to do burpees all the time, and eventually they got easier to deal with.

    Then again, one time I did a burpee penalty even though I didn't have to, and that was basically the day I realized that my shoulder was completely F'ed.
  7. Unknown Says:
  8. Paul,

    You are a COMPLETE nerd and brown noser! HAHA!
  9. Addi Says:
  10. Nick, Paul is really just a glutton for pain. The more torturous the workout, the more outrageous the grin. He is the only person alive who likes burpees. If he didn't eat so much damn chicken, we probably couldn't be friends.
  11. Kat Says:
  12. You guys crack me up! Addi, do you and josh wanna come over to watch Hot Rod with me and megan this weekend??? ;)

    much love...not so much for burpees but for all the help cleaning! Those white spots on the floor are a Beeoocchhh!!!
  13. Nate Says:
  14. Im in concurrence with BigD. If you cant hit the ball past the womens tee, burpees should be in order.
  15. paul Says:
  16. Nick and Addi, you guys have my number! Actually, though, I have lost the glutton for pain thing lately. Lately I am not loving the pain the way I used to. Which is too bad, because there has been a lot of pain lately. But that's why I think I need the burpees. I need to learn to love the pain again! I want the old Paul back!

    Today was rough. OHS are one of my biggest weaknesses. I finished 19:02 rx'ed, though. I'm glad I didn't scale.

    Next time I set foot in CFO, I will be a married man. A grown-ass man. Don't worry, I will be posting my pre-wedding and honeymoon WODs. I vow to do burpees on my honeymoon.
  17. Addi Says:
  18. My favorite Paul line ever = "I'm not getting married on a f*cking rest day!"
  19. Unknown Says:
  20. hahhahahah!!! Great line...
  21. Chip Says:
  22. 13:40-300m, 11@65#

    Are there any spots left to still play golf on Sunday?
  23. BC Says:
  24. 18:24 @ 75# (400m/15 reps). I was able to do my first round of OHS unbroken, then it was 10/5 every round after that.

    Dammit Paul! You were my last out! My backup plan for getting out of my wedding was to say that you and I got drafted into an anti-terrorist task force and were hunting down splinter cells in the middle east, when, in actuality, we would be running CFO's first satellite gym in Fiji (and hunting splinter cells on the weekend, just for funsies). But now that you're going through with your wedding I'll guess I'll go through with mine.
  25. Paula Says:
  26. Did 3:30 strength class- my upper back and started acting up with DL so only got up to 174#x2
    Bench did 115# x 14- should have definitely gone up...felt good!

    Shelley and I stayed and "chit chatted" afterwards and watched the 4:30 class. I was going to leave earlier but being parked in the back I would have had to dodge you runners. Ha! You guys kicked some butt! Great work especially in the heat!!
  27. Unknown Says:
  28. Chip, I have a team for you. Jillian Kinzer, John Snodgrass, and nate Pittman need a 4th. Call me at 315-8101 and I'll tell you details.

    Ricky
  29. Kat Says:
  30. 17:43 Rx'd. DAMN THIS WOD SUCKED!!!! It's saturday now and my left wrist hurts so bad still! I think I might have sprained it or its outta socket or something! F'n OH SQUATS!!!! I really wanted to do them unbroke but I did 9/6 for the first 4 rounds then did all 15 the 5th round. I usually like running too but it was super hot and I really had to do a lot of positive self talk to run the entire time...what a challenge!
    Great job everyone!
  31. Shelley Says:
  32. strength class:

    DL: 264# x 5. Keeping my back arched the entire time is what I need to focus on most.

    Bench press: 130# x 5. The last rep made me see stars.

    no metcon after; thought about doing Nancy but talked some sense into myself..

Thanks For Visiting!