RSS

Friday 100514

Ricky Frausto Filed Under:
WOD
Clean & Jerk 3RM

This is from the floor to the shoulders and from the shoulders to overhead for a 3 rep max. A squat, in most cases, will allow you to move the most amount of weight from the floor but it is not a requirement. A split jerk will allow you to get more weight overhead but requires a great deal more precision and mechanical efficiency than a push jerk. Either is allowed.

Google Olympic clean and jerk and watch video. Learn as much as you can about it by watching the elite. Watch it in slow motion, watch it in normal speed, just watch it.

Post weight to comments/LogWod.














Your 5AM group on Wednesday morning. They did "Helen," rain and all. Great job guys.

edit post

15 Responses to "Friday 100514"

  1. paul Says:
  2. Awesome pic of the 5am monsters!

    176x3. i missed my 3rd clean going for 186. don't know why--that is nowhere near my max. just didn't have it today.
  3. Eric C Says:
  4. 5 amer's are BADASS!

    No c&j for me today. 2 man volleyball tournament all day tomorrow. I'll wear my CFO shirt if I make the finals...it will look good with my mustache.
  5. Rita Says:
  6. Thanks for posting this pic! Crossfit determination-the whole gym has it. We're just drowned rats from it.

    92# x 3.

    Wow - I was so excited today. Jon and Ricky - remember those God-awful one-on-one's with Paula and me on the clean and jerk? ooooooooh......so very painful. To teach, to experience, to witness. But, we're starting to take off now!!!!

    Paula's just rocks the house - she's gaining strength so fast right now - it's awesome.

    My jerk part sucked and the clean part was better than ever. Not perfect, still very immature, but an ugly point A to point B at this weight for me is cause for a happy dance. It was less muscling and more extension than before.

    Amanda, intelligent pedagogical trickery on your part today! HA!!!! You sneaky!
  7. Rita Says:
  8. Eric C - forgot to tell you yesterday. Your mustache looks HOT!!!!!! HA HA!
  9. Unknown Says:
  10. THere is an awesome video on the CrossFit Journal with a ton of footage of our girls out in Colorado. Go check it out!!!
  11. Gdawg Says:
  12. bunch of bad asses!!!
  13. Unknown Says:
  14. And guess who's back... haha

    Shifting training emphasis towards an Olympic Meet in 8 weeks so spending a lot of extra time working Snatch/C&J/Squatting and Speed under the bar...

    I let me technique go during my training for Regionals and I shouldn't have let that happen cause it ultimately probably cost me a minute on the final WOD and a top 15 finish...

    Today..
    Tall Clean- Moderate weight
    - Finished at 209X1
    Clean and Split Jerk
    - 60-80% 110-223# Doubles and Singles
    Clean Pulls 4X1 (286-308)
    Weighted PU - 3X5 (22-44#)

    Taking my metcon work from either CFO, CF Football or doing just Strongman work for the next 8 weeks with an occasional main site WOD..

    5 500# Tire Flips
    20 Sledgehammer Swings
    50 DU's
    3RDS - Not Timed
  15. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  16. Clean and Jerk 3 RM: 114. I did this over lunch and had to leave, would have liked to try blues but time ran out on me. Noon was a huge class, nice work everyone.
  17. Danielle Ostronic Says:
  18. Anyone interested in playing on the Omaha Nighthawks UFL team? Tryouts are this Saturday:
    Tryouts this Weekend



    Fans, media and prospective players are invited to attend United Football League open tryouts this Saturday! Players are encouraged to register online at http://www.ufl-football.com while fans are invited to just show up. Information regarding locations, times and more are below:



    Omaha Nighthawks
    Central High School
    124 N. 20th Street
    Omaha, NE, 69102
    Registration runs from 7 am until 9 am.
    Tryouts begin at 9 am.
  19. BigD Says:
  20. Awesome pic of the 5AM monsters! Missing training at CFO. Can't wait to be back home next week. But met some good folks at the 9AM CrossFit Rancho Cucamonga class today. First, tried going 3 minutes of L-sits on parelettes. No good as I could not keep my legs straight so did 3 minutes of knee-to-elbows. Got 62. Then did Annie with them. 11:46 as RX'd. DUs getting better every day.
    Then made up the 3RM of snatch from last week. Wish I would have checked the site today asI could have done the 3RM of C&Js. Got 135 for 3RM on snatch. Form's getting there slowly.
  21. Allison H :) Says:
  22. 99# x3
    felt good and heavy for me! need to work on keeping elbows up in the jerk... as always! was cool with this - my last 1rm jerk was 92# - getting stronger :)
    great job noony-toons!
  23. Gdawg Says:
  24. this poem was in my crossfit kids may issue and it was so cute i thought i'd share it :-)

    “This is a poem was written by my son and I for a class project. I am 44 years old and have been religious with CF
    for about 1 1/2 years now. My son is 15 and is quickly learning the CF ways as well. I only wish CF would have
    been around, when I was his age. It has truly benefited myself as a firefighter, and him as well, being a high school
    athlete. I could go on and on, but all who follow this site, already have the passion I do for this program.“

    The Daily WOD
    Preparing for the daily WOD,
    It’s like being stuck with a cattle prod.
    As I prepare to begin in the warm up mode,
    I think I know what it would feel like when someone codes.
    Listening for the 3-2-1 Go,
    I keep repeating no-no-no, don’t say go.
    When I finally get the courage to start,
    I get this odd pounding feeling, right in my heart.
    As I grip the bar with my callused hands,
    I realize the WOD Fran will make you a man.
    21-15-9 of thrusters and pull-ups seems so easy,
    Within a couple of minutes, you feel so queasy.
    It’s hard to believe that an 8 minute WOD,
    Can leave such a burn in your heart and your quads.
    As I lay on the floor gasping for air,
    I’ve come to realize that this just isn’t fair.
    While striving for fitness there is no way to cheat,
    Just run, jump, lift, puke and repeat.
  25. Rita Says:
  26. Sweet poem, Gdawg. Thx for sharing.
  27. B3nj4m1n Says:
  28. Excited to watch team try outs tomorrow.
    Got a 3 rep max of c&j at 198. Ran out of time, think I could have gone heavier, next time I will warm up faster.
  29. Paula Says:
  30. 114# x 3 C&J's- Felt good about this since 114# is my 1 RM...hopefully I be able to try the "blues" next time!

    Thanks for the comment, Rita! We have BOTH come a long way! Never thought I'd say this, but I'm really starting to enjoy the snatches and cleans unlike before when I used to dread walking into the gym knowing we had to do them.

    Great job 5am!!!!

    GOOD LUCK TO ALL THOSE TRYING OUT FOR THE TEAM TOMORROW!!!

Thanks For Visiting!